Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Wow that body looks so clean! Nice work.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    Dirty, the truck looks hot! I like the black / lime ice combo. The sunlight treats the green really well

But I'm sorry to hear about the water incident. Ive done the same thing and it all dried out fine. How are you liking the extended chassis?
    thanks Oaks! I have only run it three times and it took a little getting use to the steering, but before the water accident it was flying down the street. Liking it a lot. Powered it all back up and everything is ok so far.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Wow that body looks so clean! Nice work.
    thanks a lot. I appreciate the compliment a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    thanks Oaks! I have only run it three times and it took a little getting use to the steering, but before the water accident it was flying down the street. Liking it a lot. Powered it all back up and everything is ok so far.
    That's Good news
    At least your electronics were fine or else

-your money
    (400.00$)
    \\. //
    ___

That's sposed to be a drain ^^^

Lol you get the idea it's would be junk
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    The Green Hornet looks pretty darn killer there Don, Hopefully your electronics are still cool?

Man I bet you were freakin out when that thing took a spill in the ditch full of water.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Champion
    It's called shock and trauma, Dave, lol. I had the same thing happen to mine once excePt I didn't do quite the clean install that Don has done, so no waterproof receiver box, no shrink tubing nothing. When you've got an aluminum chassied pede with exposed everything, and you pull it out of a ditch full of water, and while you're pulling it out of the ditch, water is just streaming down off of it, omg the flashbacks, lol. It's scary awful. Who'd of thunk water was magnetic also?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    The Green Hornet looks pretty darn killer there Don, Hopefully your electronics are still cool?

Man I bet you were freakin out when that thing took a spill in the ditch full of water.
    Thanks Dave. Yes I was in shock. Look what I just bought. Thanks to your build lol. I need to brake up all the black on the front end. This green strc bulkhead should do it. it should come in before I get back from work. Might as well take care of this while its still apart.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Very cool there Don! That green bulk should def. make the front end pop!

RC Qualifier
    The Green Hornet is all back together! All parts bench tested ok. Looking forwards to running it again once all this rain stops. Future runs will be far away from ditches with water lol.

Sent from Oser world

RC Champion
    Cool! Glad you got it back together and everythings good. Yeah you might wanna stay away from those water filled ditches.

RC Qualifier
    These new Boca bearings are going in the Hornet. Notice the GREEN seals. I am so color quardinated lol.

RC Champion
    Notice the GREEN seals. I am so color quardinated lol.
    Oh nice! Don't tell me I gotta order new bearings now, Mine are all brand new. But no GREEN seals...

RC Qualifier
    I got them on eBay for around $37. I wish they were stainless steel. They are supper smooth and yes green seals.lol

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Just ran the hornet for the first time since the water incident. All I can say is wow! This thing is fast and fun to drive. I am currently running 28/86 with 3s lipo. I figured out why the steering links are rubbing on the chassis braces. It's because of those losi eight shocks being so long. I solved the problem by using 140 grams of lead weights up front. This allows me about 4mm of clearance, but when the wheels go in the air, the steering will stick until it comes back down. I just received some new slash GTR shocks. I might try installing them. I know they will fix the steering issue. Just wanted to give a little update. Thanks for reading

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    My newest upgrade or color change lol. STRC bulkhead. I also did a little grinding to allow some backup locknuts on the screws holding shocktower to bulkhead. Did this modification to my bash p2de and it helped out great. I was always having those same screws comming loose. Here are the pics.sorry no picture of it completed. Just had the a-arms left to attach. That went well lol.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    I just installed a GTR traxxas shock on right front. I think they look more scale. Does any one know about different rate springs for the slash 1/10 gtr shocks?

Sent from Oser world

Wow those shocks are nice!

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Strange that you have a rubbing issue with the turnbuckles. I haven't had any issues at all. Are you running shorter shock rod ends or the long ones the 8ight shocks come with? What about shorter pivot/hollow balls in the turnbuckle ends that attach to the servo saver, and taller ones where the turnbuckles attach to the c-blocks? that can also free up some room.

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I'm running the GTR's on my 1/10 Rally 4WD. A few days ago I test fitted the Losi Ten-T springs and they fit perfectly. So you could use their spring kit for different rates if you like. The GTR's and Ten-T's are nearly identical. On my Digger I used the soft springs up front and the hard ones in the rear.

Here is a SxS shot of the Ten-T & GTR.

Ten-Ts on the Digger. I used Silver for the fronts & Gold for the rears.

<< Losi Ten-T springs >>

Be sure they say for Ten-T or SCTE. Then you are good to go.

I just checked on the Traxxas website and the Slash 4x4 LCG lists springs for the new GTR's.

7449- Spring, shock, white (GTR xx-long) (1.004 rate blue) (1 pair)
    7448- Spring, shock, white (GTR long) (0.892 rate blue) (1 pair)
    7445- Spring, shock, white (GTR long) (0.810 rate pink) (1 pair)
    7443- Spring, shock, white (GTR xx-long) (0.762 rate green) (1 pair)
    7441- Spring, shock, white (GTR long) (0.653 rate green) (1 pair)
    7447- Spring, shock, white (GTR xx-long) (0.884 rate pink) (1 pair)
    7440- Spring, shock, white (GTR long) (0.623 rate orange) (1 pair)
    7442- Spring, shock, white (GTR xx-long) (0.711 rate orange) (1 pair)

I don't see them in stock anywhere yet. And Traxxas shows them 'out of stock'. Hope this helps ya.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    really like the gtrs! they look killer on your truck. i am very interested in how they handle at speed,and also at low speed in the ruff stuff.good luck!

Lookin great, Just a shame u grinded at the STRC Bulk I use lock nuts on alot of screws. All the ones at the tower, except that one that you did. Since it goes into aluminum, I NEVER have an issue with it backing out, because one can just use lock tite. BUT...all the screws around the area, I do....

As for your rubbing, you should be able to identify which it is now very easily, because it will have marks... I know what your talking about. You need to put the right length of ball ends. Its either right behind the front shock tower, by the Castor, or its the screw that attachs the turnbuckles, to the front bearing carrier, underneath.

Hit me up if you have issues, cuz ive been through this Don. Btw. LOVE your bearings. I match my bearings to my trucks too! I have red, Dynamites, Blue Traxxas, and black Fast Eddy Bearings.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Racer
    nice ride don, I been following this religiously lol. I like the gtr shocks better than the losi's. The green springs looked sick but I think its more scale with the gtrs. I didnt realize it but my bearings are matching my truck as well, lol.

keep us posted,

Tim

RC Champion
    The one thing I prefer about the gtr's over the losi's are the lower shock rod ends on the front shocks. They provide a littlemore clearance than the l's. The other thing is the depth of the spring cup, also. I'll probably look to swap those parts over to my losi's since I'm not much on the rubber boots.

Nice score, Don
    Last edited by Oaks; 01-29-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Spell checkers are awesome

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim606 View Post
    nice ride don, I been following this religiously lol. I like the gtr shocks better than the losi's. The green springs looked sick but I think its more scale with the gtrs. I didnt realize it but my bearings are matching my truck as well, lol.

keep us posted,

Tim
    Thank you Tim. As for the shocks, I think the gtr look more scale to. I did keep the losi shocks on the rear due to the weight. Take care.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Lookin great, Just a shame u grinded at the STRC Bulk I use lock nuts on alot of screws. All the ones at the tower, except that one that you did. Since it goes into aluminum, I NEVER have an issue with it backing out, because one can just use lock tite. BUT...all the screws around the area, I do....

As for your rubbing, you should be able to identify which it is now very easily, because it will have marks... I know what your talking about. You need to put the right length of ball ends. Its either right behind the front shock tower, by the Castor, or its the screw that attachs the turnbuckles, to the front bearing carrier, underneath.

Hit me up if you have issues, cuz ive been through this Don. Btw. LOVE your bearings. I match my bearings to my trucks too! I have red, Dynamites, Blue Traxxas, and black Fast Eddy Bearings.
    Thanks for your help loot. I don't mind destroying or modifying parts. It's only money lol. The reason I did it is because I was having problems with those screws backing out on my bash p2de. I am using a HR alloy tower and silver strc bulkhead on that one. I did lock tite the screw, but with the extreme bashing they were coming loos. He gtr shocks have solved the rubbing issue for now. I have put this build aside for the moment and have rebuilt my bash p2de. Gona bash that one up for a while. You know I figured you would match your bearings as well lol. Take care and keep the suggestions coming.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Strange that you have a rubbing issue with the turnbuckles. I haven't had any issues at all. Are you running shorter shock rod ends or the long ones the 8ight shocks come with? What about shorter pivot/hollow balls in the turnbuckle ends that attach to the servo saver, and taller ones where the turnbuckles attach to the c-blocks? that can also free up some room.

Thanks for your help Baldy. Love your funny car mods. The losi shocks have the stock shafts on them. They would have been fine if the tower would have been taller. I will look into the shorter pivot balls and turnbuckles. For now I will just be doing speed runs with the hornet. Now when I do start to jump it then I might want to reinstall the losi shocks. So again thanks for your input.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the spring info Digger. You are very helpfull!

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Just a little update. Sitting here after running the hornet, totally satisfied with what I have accomplished with help from you guys. Blah, blah, blah... Anyways I set up the ten eighty jump and what do you know, I jumped it five times. My approach was on concrete and the landings were on grass. Really didn't know what to expect, but I was amazed with how well it stayed level. These jumps by no means were fast approaches, but not slow either. Didn't want to land on the swami wheelie bar and bend it before I reach my speed goal. After the jump session I took to the street and blasted it around for about 20 min. Running 28/86 3s lipo, my max temp was 116deg. I think it's around 60 deg outside. Man that's cold for a southern boy lol. Not sure what the speeds are at this point, but it hauls but! Got a 31 tooth pinion sitting on the desk waiting to be put in. That's it for this update. Thanks for reading and happy bashing everyone. P2des rock!

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Got a new attitude!

RC Competitor
    this truck looks so mean!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way,its 11 here,-5 w/ windchill!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    So.....Does the truck have a name now??

" Punisher "

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by diggerdad View Post
    this truck looks so mean!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way,its 11 here,-5 w/ windchill!
    thats crazy cold diggerdad. Can you believe I actually had to cut the backyard last week. Grass was green too. Thanks for the compliment.

RC Competitor
    takes almost same time to charge batts as to get dressed to go out. i remember green.......

How fast have you got it?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    How fast have you got it?
    I don have any speed data. I don't want to stick my new phone in there and don't have a GPS as of yet. I really want to know how fast, so I will be bidding soon on some GPS units on eBay.

Sent from Oser world

I don have any speed data. I don't want to stick my new phone in there and don't have a GPS as of yet. I really want to know how fast, so I will be bidding soon on some GPS units on eBay.

Sent from Oser world
    Just be sure to do a bit of research on the gps models before you bid on them as there are some models of gps/navigation units that only track current speed readings and don't record max speed.

-5 is cold?? Thats like t-shirt weather around here! Lol For the last couple weeks it has been right around the -40C/-40F mark. Oh yeah, and then there's this too:

RC Competitor
    so much for the grass being greener on the other side! thats really my only problem w/ winter here,its cold but we have no snow.if it must be below 40 i demand snow!!!! baldy,i was lucky enough to visit your part of the world about 25 years ago, and ive never forgotten it.so beautiful up there.but that might be more snow than im prepared for.
    Last edited by diggerdad; 02-01-2013 at 10:42 PM.

RC Competitor
    Wow, that's a lot of snow. I'm in Colorado and when we get snow it's gone in about a day... I will hav to post some video and some pics of my pede...
    MrTLV

Stampede VXL

Quote Originally Posted by diggerdad View Post
    so much for the grass being greener on the other side! thats really my only problem w/ winter here,its cold but we have no snow.if it must be below 40 i demand snow!!!! baldy,i was lucky enough to visit your part of the world about 25 years ago, and ive never forgotten it.so beautiful up there.but that might be more snow than im prepared for.
    I dont mind the snow when it falls a little at a time over the entire winter, but 27 inches of that snow arrived in november in just two events. Its a real pain having to deal with removing that much all at once, not to mention the terrible driving conditions. Some people have been trying to give it away, but no takers yet. Lol

RC Champion
    Ebay, my friend We had a hairy t storm lately and if would have been snow, there would have been a bunch. That sign is cool tho

Dirty, did you end up installing the rest of those GTR's? I love the look of the coil separation on those springs! What's to come of the 1/8's...to the 4x4?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast