Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I am thinking about picking up this body. It does come clear. My friend has it on his erevo, so I will be able to try it on. BAJR body by jconncepts.

Sent from Oser world

RC Racer
    I think that could look decent on the 'pede. Very "open-wheel-baja" feel to it.
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Ok guys let the questions begin. 1st when closing up the alloy transmission do i use thread lock on the screws? 2nd in the attached picture there are (2) shims included with the flm diff. Where do the shims go?

Sent from not a iphone
    Hey nice build you got going. I wanted to no if you figured out where those washers went.

stampede 4 life
    Let me know how that chassis holds up......how much weight did it add?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede 4 life View Post
    Let me know how that chassis holds up......how much weight did it add?
    Ok I will. Not sure what the total weight is yet. I will post the weight when I get a chance to weigh it.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by glypse View Post
    Hey nice build you got going. I wanted to no if you figured out where those washers went.
    Thanks for the compliment Glypse. I did get a answer from one of the forem members about the shims. If I remember correctly, the shims are for the trans case. Not anything inside, but to shim how the case sits. Something like that.

Sent from Oser world

stampede 4 life
    Have you gotten a chance to weigh it yet?????

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    This is a 2"REM chassis with a bajr body I did a couple years back. I liked the looks!

Protrac, vxl, modded 2.2 badlands, (back in the day), lol 2.8 badlands were soon ti follow.

This will give you an idea, but I did cut alot of body away too.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede 4 life View Post
    Have you gotten a chance to weigh it yet?????
    Sorry, have not weighed it yet.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    This is a 2"REM chassis with a bajr body I did a couple years back. I liked the looks!

Protrac, vxl, modded 2.2 badlands, (back in the day), lol 2.8 badlands were soon ti follow.

This will give you an idea, but I did cut alot of body away too.
    Thanks dread. I like what i see there. It really shows off all the goodies underneath. Should be receiving my bajr body this week.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Racer
    Just wanted to know does the slash rear bumped just bolt up or will I need something else because I ordered the front and rear rpm blue bumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    It bolts right up to the wheelie bar mount which is bolted to the gearbox.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Hey dirty don hows the project coming along? Get that body yet? Test drives? Inquiring minds want to know!
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wilke View Post
    Hey dirty don hows the project coming along? Get that body yet? Test drives? Inquiring minds want to know!
    hi Greg, I got word that the BAJR body came in., but I am still workinghope to be in tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    Oh man I am so relieved. I just showed and told my better half (wife) about my new build. Of course it was right after I bought her a new coat lol. It didn't go bad, just got lectured for five minutes. Now I can have all (3) rcs out at once lol.

RC Qualifier
    Just a little update, but a big step towards finishing my build. I have been struggling with the front body post due to the big nut from the losi shock mount being in the way. Well my friend came over yesterday with his new mt4-3g. As I was looking it over I noticed the front body post was a two piece design. Each post is secured with (2) screws. I really think they will work, and for only $7.19 on eBay its worth a shot. Well that's about it. The bajr body is in a closet awaiting a paint job. Time to get this thing rolling down the street. Peace

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Opps. I just remembered the shock tower is angled back. Oh well, as long as they pop through the body. I might be able to live with them with a slight angle. I hope so!

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Are you using the stock front body mount or the monster jam mounts? I have an REM front tower kicking around here and wanted to see for myself what the issue with the mounts is.

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Are you using the stock front body mount or the monster jam mounts? I have an REM front tower kicking around here and wanted to see for myself what the issue with the mounts is.

Hey Baldy, thanks for your input. I have tried both traxxas post. Mj and stocker. Check out this picture. The losing shock mount nuts are my problem.

I'd have that puppy trimmed to fit around the shock, mounted on the back side of the tower, by drilling it out to use the same bolt as those shock mounts use, held on by the nuts. You could have the lid on this afternoon!
    Lol don't say it! You'll get yourself in trouble.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I'd have that puppy trimmed to fit around the shock, mounted on the back side of the tower, by drilling it out to use the same bolt as those shock mounts use, held on by the nuts. You could have the lid on this afternoon!
    Lol don't say it! You'll get yourself in trouble.
    Dread, I understand what your saying, but the shock mount isint long enough to capture the shock mount. Oh and I did run it two hours ago. Used a spc 2s lipo. Man was it fun. Had to get use to turning it though. Since the chassis is extended it drives different than stock. It sure was a blast to drive. Everything worked well, except for front left wheel. It won't tighten up all the way. I am using stock axels and have the spacer on back and front. Need to figure that issue out as well.

Holy hardware batman! Do you need a 10mm wrench for those nuts? Lol. Looks like you got yourself into a bit of a bind, since i recall you saying that you had to drill out the holes to fit those stand-offs. The only solution i can think of that will allow you to use this setup is to grind down the bottom edge of the stand off to allow more threads to come through. This will shorten the stand off a little, so youd have to adjust the bottom mount accordingly, but at least you'd be able to mount the body posts.

Or you could drill out the aluminum stand offs that come included with the REM tower to allow for the use of a larger diameter screw thats long enough to also mount the body post assembly.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Baldy. Those are all creative ideas you have. The problem is I lost my creativity. Every time I get back into this build and get my creative juices flowing, then work calls. Work just called and I have to go offshore in the morning. Hopefully I can quick fix the problem out there and get back home. I will figure this out. Just need to have no distractions. I guess you read above that I ran it earlier today. Man I really like the way it handles. Long and mean. Thanks for your help.

Sent from Oser world

Making me miss the H-Bomb in a major way here lol......hhhhmmmmm well I guess I can look at some pix for now lol.
    I'm sure you will figure something out! Good luck and be safe out there at work.

RC Qualifier
    OK I did it. Please don't laugh at the traps. It is sturdy. I drilled hole in mount for nuts to fit in, then made two grooves on top for traps to fit in. I also drilled hole for tyrap to go through bottom of mount. I am still waiting on those mt4 body post I ordered to come in. Either way I think it will be good enough.

RC Enthusiast
    Very nice work Don! I think I would have done that the same way.Your one step closer to being done with that beast.I look forward to seeing that thing pass me up in the parking lot races lol

Whatever gets you out and bashing, thats what works.

RC Qualifier
    Got some paint. Lime ice and outlaw black. I also just got my new SPC 4100 3s lipo. Very well build battery. It's got rubber grommets on the wiring and a carbon fibre look.

Sent from Oser world

Hey Don. Lookin great man. I love it. Question on the front MJ mount. Why not use the screws on the tower? U could use the one the MJ mount needs, than any other for ur front shocks.

Very much looking forward as I have LOVED your build. Think you have done a fantastic job. Lookin great, and keep it up!

Check out my new Winter build when u get a sec too. Holla
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Got the body painted. This is the most two tone paint job I ever attempted. Would have been easier if the light outside would have been working.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Hey Don. Lookin great man. I love it. Question on the front MJ mount. Why not use the screws on the tower? U could use the one the MJ mount needs, than any other for ur front shocks.

Very much looking forward as I have LOVED your build. Think you have done a fantastic job. Lookin great, and keep it up!

Check out my new Winter build when u get a sec too. Holla
    Thanks Loot. I appreciate all the positive feedback.

RC Qualifier
    Just got done applying some decals. I am really liking this paint job now. Hope y'all do as well.

For sure man, thats a sweet body and the paint job totally sets it off! Nice work.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    For sure man, thats a sweet body and the paint job totally sets it off! Nice work.

Thanks Baldy! 10 min before my batt was finished charging it started to rain. Has not quit since.😠 I am itching to do some speed runs and try different gearing options. I am going to have to get a GPS now that I got a new phone. Not taking a chance with this phone to clock speeds.

Sent from Oser world

Nice work again. Lookin great!! I really like those colors. Alot... U have great taste my friend.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Nice work again. Lookin great!! I really like those colors. Alot... U have great taste my friend.
    thank you Loot! I have really enjoyed this build and because of you and several other members, I can see myself building another p2de. I learned a couple of new tricks tonight while reading your new build thread and I want to give those a try. Peace

RC Qualifier
    Well I was outside making a few speed runs. The green hornet was flying and sounding great. Until I flipped in a ditch full of water. It was upside down in the water. Not fully submerged but the whole chassis was. I ran to it and disconnecter the battery. The ESC was still beeping its powered up status. I do have two holes in the receiver box but not a drop in there. I took the battery and 2400 motor and put in a bag of rice. I had sprayed my ESC with konform coating. I have the. Chassis and ESC in the sun. I think I will put the ESC in a bag of rice as well. As far as the Servo, I don't know. I had painted the servo so it might have been sealed enough. It wasent in the water for long. Man this sucks, but I have high hopes!

How is it now?
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

The esc is already splash resistant, so with the extra coating you applied im sure you'll be fine. With the power to the esc is when you have to worry the most, and since it was still working when you unplugged it, it should be good when its all dried out again. My castle element esc has been completely covered in snow, water, mud and everything in between while running and still works perfect.

RC Champion
    Dirty, the truck looks hot! I like the black / lime ice combo. The sunlight treats the green really well

But I'm sorry to hear about the water incident. Ive done the same thing and it all dried out fine. How are you liking the extended chassis?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast