Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Here is my 10a BEC soldered up. I still need to go back and clean it up. I did wrap and heat shrink the wires on the battery input side. Funny we worked on them within a day of each other. LOL

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Sure is digger. I read in a thread of yours earlier yesterday about you installing yours. I figured it would be perfect timing for me to ask about it. I was hoping you would reply. Looks good man. I like dealing with the wiring. Have you noticed a difference in your savox now that u have it installed?

Sent from not a iphone

Man it works 100% better IMO. I'm geting the full 6v and pure transit time & torque that the savox offers. I put a Jr extension coming out of the Rx to plug/ unplug the BEC. I did notice to program the BEC you have to make sure the switch on the ESC is in the OFF postion.

Man I hate look'n at that rats nest I have there though. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Man it works 100% better IMO. I'm geting the full 6v and pure transit time & torque that the savox offers. I put a Jr extension coming out of the Rx to plug/ unplug the BEC. I did notice to program the BEC you have to make sure the switch on the ESC is in the OFF postion.

Man I hate look'n at that rats nest I have there though. LOL
    I know, messy wires drive me crazy. I can live with them while I am testing new product, but after I know it works then it's time to clean them up. I did not know the BEC was programmable. Shows how much I paying attention lol. Ok so we're does the castle link connect to program the BEC. Set BEC to 6v? Thanks

The default setting is @ 5.1v. So you will notice a boost once you go the full 6v. Don't feed anymore than that to your Rx. To program it you will need the Castle Link.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    The default setting is @ 5.1v. So you will notice a boost once you go the full 6v. Don't feed anymore than that to your Rx. To program it you will need the Castle Link.
    Roger, been having a castle link. Where do I connect castle link. When I program my esc, I disconnect esc from receiver, then connect castle lint to receiver wire and of course the USB on computer. So we're would castle link connect to set the BEC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Qualifier
    Not much to talk about or show at this time. I am bidding on these parts so I could have green springs in the front also. Peace

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Roger, been having a castle link. Where do I connect castle link. When I program my esc, I disconnect esc from receiver, then connect castle lint to receiver wire and of course the USB on computer. So we're would castle link connect to set the BEC?

I believe the castle link plugs into the bec, but am not 100% sure. They sure don't give much info in the bec manual to help with programming.

http://www.Google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...m_tfQFADzkxNIA

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    I believe the castle link plugs into the bec, but am not 100% sure. They sure don't give much info in the bec manual to help with programming.

http://www.Google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...m_tfQFADzkxNIA

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    I know, they don't give much info. When I get in, I will call castle tech support.

RC Racer
    [/QUOTE]

Is that velco on the chassis sides?
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wilke View Post
    Is that velco on the chassis sides?[/QUOTE]

Yep, i believe that would be to hold a chassis shroud to keep the dirt and debris out while running the truck.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...the-HR-P2de-XL...

RC Qualifier
    Made a few purchases while at work. Bought another TQI transmitter. Thinking I should have upgraded to something better. Oh we'll, it's to late.
    I bought some extra protrac front a-arms just in case.
    I got this massive losi spring collection. They are for the 8ight buggy & truggy.i should be home in about two days. Can't wait!
    Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Thinking outside the box here. I would like to use a traxxas funny car body on my build. With Trenchers. Ya yee!

Sent from Oser world

RC Racer
    Thinking outside the box here. I would like to use a traxxas funny car body on my build. With Trenchers. Ya yee!

Sent from Oser world
    How about FUnny car body with 3.8 Big Joe's? lol
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Qualifier
    My new p2de bag from racers edge. My wife is awesome. When she told me that she picked up my bday present from hobby town, I couldn't wait to get home. Just rolled up the desk cover and starting to think about the build again. I feel rusty though.

Sent from Oser world

RC Enthusiast
    Thats very nice Don.Thats alot better then having rc's rolling around the cab of the truck when goin out to bash.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo8778 View Post
    Thats very nice Don.Thats alot better then having rc's rolling around the cab of the truck when goin out to bash.
    i know right. I normally chock my tires with the transmitter. First class now!

RC Qualifier
    How about FUnny car body with 3.8 Big Joe's? lol
    now dat would be something to look at my friend! Lol

RC Racer
    Nice bag! +1 to the wife
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Qualifier
    Colored the blue castle bec with a black sharpie pen. Man does it shine! installed the new green losi springs on the front shocks.
    now they match the rear shocks. kind of hard to get going on this build after being away for 11 days.
    Sent from not a iphone

RC Racer
    I look at you truck and I think to my self man that guy is a lot better at this than me and the more money I put into my truck the more I think I'm not really going to drive it and just pull it out to show it to friends but the next one will be a e revo that I will bash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Working on the savox steering servo wiring. Didnt like how long the wire was or how it entered the receiver box. So i came up with this. Shorten the wire and enter the box from the bottom. Man a steady hand and some patience go along way. It came out just how i wanted.
    Time for solder
    Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Chris. I noticed one thing, i can do a good job if i am focused. It was difficult to regain focus after being away. Keep up the good work Chris. It dont hurt nutin to have a shelf queen. Something you can look at and admire.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    Ok, i finally figured out the castle link "Y" cable. I drilled a hole in the top of receiver box and ran wire through the hole.
    I also finished up the rest of the wiring. Very happy to be done with this.i also programmed the esc. Had a problem though, but found out i forgot to link the transmitter and receiver. All is well except for a slight buzzing from the servo. Any suggestions?
    Sent from not a iphone

VERY Nice, great work.... I love it bro... Excellent job.

Asfor the buzzing from the servo, its normal homie. its the "digital" noise. What it actually means, I dont know but I think it has something to do with it maintaining a center. Dont quote me on that, but u can quote me that its normal.. No worrys there. Ul also notice it will change, with ur trim.. So unhook ur saver, center servo and trim, reconnect and ul notice a "chnage" not that it will exactly go away, but ul notice a change... Either way, its normal man.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Racer
    Very clean work so far, nice attention to detail Don! What braided line do you use?
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Qualifier
    Very clean work so far, nice attention to detail Don! What braided line do you use?
    thank you for the complement Greg. I bought it from the bay. It's called black braided nymax sleeve (expandable). From brussellex.

RC Racer
    thank you for the complement Greg. I bought it from the bay. It's called black braided nymax sleeve (expandable). From brussellex.
    Thanks! Your wiring is an inspiration. Also, do you use a heat gun for your shrink tubing?
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    VERY Nice, great work.... I love it bro... Excellent job.

Asfor the buzzing from the servo, its normal homie. its the "digital" noise. What it actually means, I dont know but I think it has something to do with it maintaining a center. Dont quote me on that, but u can quote me that its normal.. No worrys there. Ul also notice it will change, with ur trim.. So unhook ur saver, center servo and trim, reconnect and ul notice a "chnage" not that it will exactly go away, but ul notice a change... Either way, its normal man.
    thanks Loot. I use the same servo on my p4de and it buzzes a little bit to. Not as bad and goes away when I bump the steering. I just bugged out when I heard more than I was used to. Thanks again. I will sleep better knowing all is well. I have no earthly idea what to do about a body?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! Your wiring is an inspiration. Also, do you use a heat gun for your shrink tubing?
    i use a propane solder iron/multi purpose gizmo. Got it at Home Depot. I remove the solder iron attachment and just a pretty adjustable blue flame comes out. That's what I use. It's called a bernzomatic.

RC Qualifier
    Here is my progress thus far. All this black makes it hard to see.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    I ran it in the house last nite on wood floor. One thing I noticed was that it took off without spinning the tires. It kind of scared me because it hit the entertainment center. What a difference from my lite stock p2de. It was so cool, it just shot off like a dragster. Well sort of. Liking what I see so far. Awaiting its maiden street voyage!

RC Qualifier
    I think this is a better picture.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    The two red wires (esc & bec) stick out like a sore thumb lol. Might cheat and use a black paint pen.

RC Qualifier
    A buddy had this proline slash body. So i tried it on. It fits pretty good.

Sent from not a iphone

A buddy had this proline slash body. So i tried it on. It fits pretty good.

Sent from not a iphone
    Does look very cool, but you wont be able to turn the wheels without catching the fender! Lol i like the look of the tires bulging out of the wheel wells, but unfortunately the steering clearance needed for these trucks requires either tires in or tires out. Maybe the fenders could be trimmed for just enough clearance. Thedreadedend trimmed the fenders right off one of his short course bodies and it looked pretty sweet. i like that look though.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...the-HR-P2de-XL...

RC Qualifier
    For sure Baldy, major trimming would be required. I ain't scared! Lol Man I am just playing with different ideas. I tried on a erevo and slash vw body also. I realize trimming is inevitable. Did a lot of trimming on gravedigger body. Baldy, do you have any body suggestions, maybe links to places I might not have looked? Anybody?

RC Racer
    Have you looked at HPI bodies.. Parma.. Jconcepts? Also check out http://www.adrcracing.com/ for some SWEET paint jobs
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Champion
    Hey Dirty, glad to see you're back on the build. The latest picture you posted really shows off the great work you've put in.

I saw your funny car comment, I saw the slash body, and I noticed a missing front body mount. Picking a body for an extended pede is tricky. Consider some monster jam body mounts. They look great with the protrac plastics and provide the most adjustability, especially up front.

I hear you on the body delimma. If you look at some of the old tmaxx 2.5 nitro bodies, you might find a shell you like. Good length for the chassis, but not as wide as the slash lids. I've seen Parma makes a Nissan Titan body and a Toyota Tundra lid. They might be discontinued but still in circulation. A bit too long for the 1 inch extension, but it's a couple options for you with 12 to 13 inch wheelbases, around 17 long and 7 wide. Looking real good man

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    Hey Dirty, glad to see you're back on the build. The latest picture you posted really shows off the great work you've put in.

I saw your funny car comment, I saw the slash body, and I noticed a missing front body mount. Picking a body for an extended pede is tricky. Consider some monster jam body mounts. They look great with the protrac plastics and provide the most adjustability, especially up front.

I hear you on the body delimma. If you look at some of the old tmaxx 2.5 nitro bodies, you might find a shell you like. Good length for the chassis, but not as wide as the slash lids. I've seen Parma makes a Nissan Titan body and a Toyota Tundra lid. They might be discontinued but still in circulation. A bit too long for the 1 inch extension, but it's a couple options for you with 12 to 13 inch wheelbases, around 17 long and 7 wide. Looking real good man
    Thanks Oaks. The front body mount is going to be the harder one., due to the big nut on the losi shock mount. It makes the stock p2de body post difficult without heavily modifying it. I will look into the MJ mounts. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from Oser world