Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Hey don I noticed the bigboytoys sticker, you went to the houma shop or do they have one in Lafayette too?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Looking good!

That's too bad about the HR rear shock tower. It must have been just the right (or wrong) impact to get it to bend. I've had some crazy hits on mine and have had good luck so far.

I see you chose the laid back style swami bar, is that the full brace edition? I have the full brace swami with the laid back bend, but I've bent it so many times that it now looks like a full bend style. Lol

I like those shock mounts. I've looked at them before, but didn't know they used such large hardware. Gonna have to get me some, thanks for the info. How's the link clearance with those standoffs?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Thanks again! Swami is not the full brace. Front shock spring to link is about 7mm, front spring to shock tower about 1mm. I don't guess you noticed the problem I ran into with the front stock body post mount. Those big locknuts on the front shock mounts interfere with mounting the stock plastic body post mount. Going to have to modify body post mount heavily. Thank god for a Dremel!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by josh62685 View Post
    Hey don I noticed the bigboytoys sticker, you went to the houma shop or do they have one in Lafayette too?

The sticker is from Lafayette. Been there a lot. First name basis. I did go by big boys in Houma last week while the helicopter was shut-down waiting on a crane part. They don't have much RC parts in houma and are not affiliated with Lafayette store. They are not just a RC store. They sell truck toolboxes, speaker boxes and stuff like that also. Bet you can't wait to get home!

RC Qualifier
    I haven't been to the one in houma. I live in raceland and work in houma

RC Qualifier
    Sorry , thought you were the other josh.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah wrong Josh lol! Your build is progressing nicely Don. Im seriously thinking about buying a pede now. I think it would be a good addition to the ERBE. WE will have to get together later this week and go bash!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo8778 View Post
    Yeah wrong Josh lol! Your build is progressing nicely Don. Im seriously thinking about buying a pede now. I think it would be a good addition to the ERBE. WE will have to get together later this week and go bash!
    Thanks Josh. Man you can't go wrong with having at least one p2de. The sky is the limit with upgrades for the p2de. In this part of the forum, there are some guys that can surely motivate and blow your mind when it comes to a p2de.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Qualifier
    Had to take a pic with the tires. The trenchers in the rear are new. The fronts are slightly used. Toe and camber not adjusted yet.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Champion
    All right Don! Looks awesome man - loving the shocks and the amount of space in-between the front and rear wheels. A 4S lipo should go a long ways in helping you get that 70mph run that you want. I was eyeballing those gens ace 4S bricks myself

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    All right Don! Looks awesome man - loving the shocks and the amount of space in-between the front and rear wheels. A 4S lipo should go a long ways in helping you get that 70mph run that you want. I was eyeballing those gens ace 4S bricks myself
    Thanks Oaks. I am in no hurry to reach 70mph. I just bought a 3s SPC that I will play around with. I still have a lot of work left. The main thing is getting the electronics on there without looking gangsta fied lol!

RC Qualifier
    86/25 48 pitch. Color of gear cover a little off, but oh well. Close enough.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Racer
    I'd say close enough too. I dont think it would look off if you kept the plastic green parts the same and the alum. parts a different green
    Started XL-5 now VXL-XL! and spare parts XL-5

RC Champion
    Dirty, I hear what you're saying about the electronics, lol, good luck. Personally, I was looking at those rem battery hold downs but who knows? I'm sure you'll figure it out. And by the way, you're truck is already pretty gangster looking! And that's a good thing IMO

As far as that rpm gear cover, you could probably dye it to a darker shade of green.

Also, that gearing combo isn't a bad starting place. Prolly should yeild something around 40ish. Keep it up

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys. Well this is what i am working on while watching my saints spank the eagles on MNF. I purchased some longer M3 screws today to accommodate the 5600 spc battery. Dont think i will be removing the battery often, but it would be safer if i did. I am thinking about double side tape the receiver box on top of the rear batt hold down and the esc behind the rear batt hold down. I really like these basher batt holders. I stuck some thin rubber to the under side of each batt hold down to apply more gentle pressure to the battery. I will mock up the esc and receiver box and take a picture in a few minutes.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    Here it is. Receiver box up high, but might work. Trial and error here.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    Forgot to post the battery picture.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    Or how about the receiver box up front. I think it would look better up front and down low. What do you think?

Sent from not a iphone

RC Enthusiast
    LOOKING KILLER! Yeah I think its better up front and down low.That way you can keep the CG low for them 70mph runs!But thats just my opinion. WHO DAT!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo8778 View Post
    LOOKING KILLER! Yeah I think its better up front and down low.That way you can keep the CG low for them 70mph runs!But thats just my opinion. WHO DAT!!
    I also think up front is my best option. Who dat say da gona beat dem saints!

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    ESC double stuck to removable alloy plate. I like the fact that the esc can be removed with (3) screws. On/off switch in place on chassis.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    It does not take much space to build a p2de, but you must be organized. Goodnight.

Sent from not a iphone

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    For sure the receiver box looks way better up front. You know its strange that with all the updates that the REM chassis has gone through since it came out, the one thing they never thought of was to make extra holes for the battery hold downs further forward on the chassis. This would allow the weight of the pack to be shifted to the front, and also allow room to mount the receiver box and esc in the rear. Not sure how they overlooked this option cuz after all, the extended chassis was designed to help control the wheelies.

Those battery hold downs are so sweet looking, seems like a waste to cover one up!

So how do those battery hold downs function? Do you have to take screws on and off every time you want to switch packs, or is there a quicker way to remove and install the packs?

Man, it must be hard to not have driven it yet!

I am very curious as to how much the truck will weigh when its done.

Nice little work are you've got there. My work area is still a work in progress, but even after I set up a couple work benches and a designated work area, somehow I end up with the truck on my lap and tools on the arms of the chair. Lol. Force of habit after all these years I guess.

Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Dude are u serious? This thing looks AMAZING! my goodness.... Its seriously almost to pretty to drive! VERy nice work, VERY nice indeed....

Also, U can due ur RPM box alittle darker. I would..... Just do green dye, and watch it... 30 seconds at a time on the dye, and pull up until u get ur desired color. Thats how I made the pink for my ladies truck.... I totally think u should!

Fantastic work... Love ur little space there, Bet u walk way at night, and stare at it for a moment before hitting the lights huh? I know I do!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    For sure the receiver box looks way better up front. You know its strange that with all the updates that the REM chassis has gone through since it came out, the one thing they never thought of was to make extra holes for the battery hold downs further forward on the chassis. This would allow the weight of the pack to be shifted to the front, and also allow room to mount the receiver box and esc in the rear. Not sure how they overlooked this option cuz after all, the extended chassis was designed to help control the wheelies.

Those battery hold downs are so sweet looking, seems like a waste to cover one up!

So how do those battery hold downs function? Do you have to take screws on and off every time you want to switch packs, or is there a quicker way to remove and install the packs?

Man, it must be hard to not have driven it yet!

I am very curious as to how much the truck will weigh when its done.

Nice little work are you've got there. My work area is still a work in progress, but even after I set up a couple work benches and a designated work area, somehow I end up with the truck on my lap and tools on the arms of the chair. Lol. Force of habit after all these years I guess.

For now I think if one hold down is removed then the batt can be slid out. Front holder has (3) screw and the rear has (2) screw. I thought about possibility of relocating the hold downs. The easiest way would be to buy a 6-32 tap, and just drill and tap some new holes further up. I will go with this set up and if it handles fine then I won't make changes. If it jumps nose high really bad then I could do the drill/tap procedure. As far as the weight, I might bring it to work and weigh it. The tires won't be on it yet, but it should give me a good idea of what I am dealing with.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Dude are u serious? This thing looks AMAZING! my goodness.... Its seriously almost to pretty to drive! VERy nice work, VERY nice indeed....

Also, U can due ur RPM box alittle darker. I would..... Just do green dye, and watch it... 30 seconds at a time on the dye, and pull up until u get ur desired color. Thats how I made the pink for my ladies truck.... I totally think u should!

Fantastic work... Love ur little space there, Bet u walk way at night, and stare at it for a moment before hitting the lights huh? I know I do!
    thanks for the compliments Loot! I will look today for some green dye. Man this thing is fun to look at. I do wake up at night and go downstairs and look at it. The good thing about my work space is it is in the den. I am always close to my project. This project has been a blast so far to build. As you probably already know, not everything went together like its suppose to, but thats the fun part. Breaking out the Dremel, measuring device, file and even the hammer to make it all come together. That's the fun part. Patience is the key. Being able to take the time to do it correct. A lot of dry fitting and mock up. Thanks again.

RC Qualifier
    Just got done with the base plate for the traxxas receiver box. Used a piece of alloy and used dremel and a cut off wheel. That was my first time cutting material with a cut off wheel. Cut it like butter. Sanded the edges with a small sanding drum. Installed plate to chassis with (2) m3 screws.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    After installing the plate, i set the traxxas box on plate then realized that the holes in thd chassis match the box. Duh! Here is a picture without the plate. Leave the plate, or just screw box to chassis? Please help me with this decision. Thanks

Sent from not a iphone

RC Racer
    I think the plate looks cool and you already made it so why not but it looks nice a clean without it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don, Thats awesome bro. I so called it Its okay, I totally do the same! Thats how i guessed Takes one to know one, and I got that impression from ur pic. I do the same..

Again, fantastic work, and one of the best pedes ive seen... Ive seen forest green dye at grovery stores.. When u do, just minutes at a time, till u get the right color. Ul need to watch it the whole time, cuz RPM stuff dyes fast for sure.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Wow great build! I'm REALLY digging all of the green parts!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Champion
    Dirty, I like the setup up front definitely. Maybe switch it around so the wires come out towards the front? I'd skip the plate, use some of the stuff yu used under the batteries under the box. Grab some of those axial spacers to fill the gap between the chassis and underside of the post mounts on the box and drop some racers edge washers to protect the chassis and set it off a little.

Sick build. I wish I had the patience myself,

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the compliments guys, but really I need to give a shout out of thanks to all of you. I have been reading this forum since April 2012. So without reading and learning from y'all, this would never have been possible. I truly believe that. Almost every part on this p2de was found in this wonderful traxxas forum. Anyways the receiver box will stay on the chassis, but it will be turned around Oaks. Loot, I will look into the green, but if you look closely the cover actually matches the traxxas Aluminum parts well. The rear springs match the motor. Looks like I will have two different shades of green. Now I am trying to find a name for this p2de. How bout incredible hulk.lol or just " the hulk"

RC Qualifier
    Used some threaded aluminum standoffs to mount receiver box. Box is sitting about 2mm off the chassis. just soldered the red&black power wires for the BEC. It went amazingly well.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    This is what i am doing to dress up esc and bec cables. Had to remove the connector on the end to feed wire through mesh. Going to do bec wire next. Again, thanks Loot!

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    Sprayed the bec circuit board with some konform. We use it on circuit boards offshore to protect them from corrosion. Its kind of like a clear coat. I sprayed my escs with the same stuff several montha ago. I stuck the bec to the esc alloy plate with 3M double sided tape. Then finished dressing the bec cable. I know the bec is blue, i guess i could paint it with some model paint. I think its coming along well. Not going to use the castle link Y cable on this p2de. Might use it on the p4de. Dont feel like dressing more cables.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Enthusiast
    Its getting closer! It wont be long till this thing is flying down the road.

RC Qualifier
    I know. I could have it running in an hour without a lid, but I am leaving tomorrow for work. ��

RC Racer
    Those cables look sweet, just like the whole vehicle so far. I would agree with Absoloot and dye the rpm cover a little darker. I like the receiver box mount as well. The only thing I don't like is I don't have a p2de like that Killer work Don!
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    I know. I could have it running in an hour without a lid, but I am leaving tomorrow for work. ��
    Well thats a bummer.I come in from work tomorrow.I hope your back for the weekend so we can race again.I promise I wont try to take your leg out this time.Be safe out there

RC Qualifier
    I am going to disagree on the trans cover. The green matches the traxxas alloy stub axle carriers, castor blocks and steering blocks. Go to lhs and buy you a stampede 2x4 vxl. You cant go wrong with it. It will probly quickly become your favorite rc. I run my p2de more than my p4de.

Sent from not a iphone

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast