Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Project "Need For P2De" The beginning!

Just picked up a bunch of bay purchases from my dads house. Still waiting on the chassis kit to come in from addicted2rc.

RC Qualifier
    Here is what came in the past week. Yee haa!

Sent from not a iphone

RC Racer
    My rem stuff just came today at the same time my nitrorcx stuff came but I ordered about a week apart the ********* stuff will take about 45 days they said is that normal the rem chassis is super thick I think you will Like it did you get the ext one I thinking about getting the tranny but you parts look good

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Chris? I did get the ext chassis. I went ahead and got the whole kit. I ordered it in three separate orders. I couldn't make up my mind. I could have saved money buying the package deal. I ordered the trany first. I probly won't use the a-arms, but just wanted to have them I will use my protrac arms. Now the waiting game. Have fun with yours. Post some pics of that bad boy. Peace

Dirty, Ive been real excited to see ur build come together! Cant wait... Keep that bad boy all green and black for sure.

As for your shocks, U should switch ur bodies our for the Losi Hard Anodized ones.. They are Gun Metal Colored and would look awesome!

Very nice, Also.. As for your servo Saver, with allthose goodies, get a Kimborough 124 Servo Saver. Comes in black, and a nice Metal Geared servo to match ya?
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Dirty, Ive been real excited to see ur build come together! Cant wait... Keep that bad boy all green and black for sure.

As for your shocks, U should switch ur bodies our for the Losi Hard Anodized ones.. They are Gun Metal Colored and would look awesome!

Very nice, Also.. As for your servo Saver, with allthose goodies, get a Kimborough 124 Servo Saver. Comes in black, and a nice Metal Geared servo to match ya?
    Thanks Loot. I am actually a little nervous.lol I ordered two servo savors. The one I am waiting for is a black alum hot racing. Forgot were I ordered it from, but it's a theme match that's for sure. As far as the shocks I think I will order the 1/8 scale losi shocks and throw the blue losi on the p4de. I just don't know if I go with the buggy or truggy shocks? Need help y'all with that info. This will be a slow build. Anodized parts will take a while I think. Peace

RC Qualifier
    Going to watch this build. Can't wait to see more...

RC Champion
    Looks like this is gonna be good! the Trenchers balloon SOO MUCH when they're pre-mounted. I think it's best to buy those separately and tape/glue them yourself but nice goodies so far man

RC Champion
    The Hot Racing servo savers are not the best. The adapters they come with have a habit of stripping and Hot Racing does not offer replacements. If you find yourself needing a new servo saver I suggest the ones from Racers Edge. Mine have held up very well and dont look like something off of my Losi Jr.T.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar

Thumbs up

I've used rem for a few builds, extended chassis with the works. It will bend if you beat it, but that's what the warranty is for. I had about 3 of everything at one point, Hist so I didn't have sown time while exchanges traveled back and forth. You'll love the stuff im sure! Here are a. Couple of my rem rigs

with this build, locktite is a must! Check all screws often! One loose screw on the alloy will cost you the part, it will bent and strip if its loose! I've bent more alloy parts than most folks will ever buy in their hobby lifetime so take my word for it. Wat h the screws in the front tower to bulk, shock top screws, trannyto rear tower, and chassis braces. These are the ones that come loose often.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 10-16-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Thanks Loot. I am actually a little nervous.lol I ordered two servo savors. The one I am waiting for is a black alum hot racing. Forgot were I ordered it from, but it's a theme match that's for sure. As far as the shocks I think I will order the 1/8 scale losi shocks and throw the blue losi on the p4de. I just don't know if I go with the buggy or truggy shocks? Need help y'all with that info. This will be a slow build. Anodized parts will take a while I think. Peace
    Nice bro. Thats a great idea... As for the shocks, u seen the thread that is up here currently? The parts list is there, and description. But il paste it here also. Courtesy of Digger.

1 x LOSB2845 Losi Front & Rear Shock Shaft Set (4) (Ten-T) $9.25
    1 x LOSB2904 Losi Front & Rear Shock Plastics & Ball Set (4) (Ten-T) $6.39
    2 x LOSB2906 Losi Shock Rebuild Set (2) (Ten-T) $9.18
    1 x SPTSTLB2825GM STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Front Shock Body Set (Red) (2) $13.49
    1 x SPTSTLB2826GM STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Rear Shock Body Set (Red) (2) $15.49
    1 x SPTSTLB2904GM STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Shock Cap Set (Red) (4) $17.99
    1 x LOSB2905 Losi Front & Rear Shock Boots (8) (Ten-T) $5.49

But in the original posted link, it had R instead of GM, which I replaced the part numbers for ya on these. You need all those parts to build em. btw.. The shocks are for the losi Ten Series, I.E. Ten T, TenSTE, etc.. I just started building them too. Im awaiting for my Red Shock bodies, and more parts...

Im rooting for ya bro, The way ur parts are coming along, its gonna look sick! I hear ya on the servos. I have Traxxas 2075, bunch more plastic geared ones, A Savox 1258tg, I just purhcased a Hi-tech 5646 Waterproof* and now a Hi-Tech 645mg... So I could have the right one.

Also, unfortuantly ya ordered the wrong slipper clutch kit. thats for the Revo, and its to big for the Pede. The alum Pads will fit, but u canactually get the alum pads by them selves from Hot Racing. I have em on my Rustler. And ya the anodized parts will take a while. Mine took nearly a month to get my black tranny... sucked...

Im really rooting for ya bro, Its gonna be off the hook, and slowly the better (in a way) because things can go slowly and surely...I really think ur pede is gonna be off the hook... Especially with ur color combo. I think I am gonna have to make one more pede for me too! lol. Gotta do the green. lol.

There u are dread!

As for Servo Savers, If u have a metal geared servo, go with a Kimborough 124(black). If u have a plastic geared, kimborough 121(white0

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info guys. Keep it comming. I have already experienced alloy versus plastic. Hit a speed limit sign with my non alloy p2de. Broke the chassis. Slightly tweaked the rpm shock tower. $10.00 for a new chassis ready to go that night. Hit a water meter with my p4de with traxxas alloy shock towers. Broke protrac front a-arm and bent the alloy top shock tower mount. Not panning on beating this new build. I am almost done rebuilding the original p2de with the Velenion esc/motor and a few other must have goodies. That way I can play in the mud and water. Hope I don't regret the rem parts, but like I said I Will have one to beat on and one to love on.lol thanks again! All replys will be taken into consideration.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    The hot racing hd servo saver (black n silver) is a fairly stiff saver and will kill plastic servo gears so make sure you run a metal geared servo. As for the servo horn adapter threads stripping, I've been running mine for a year now on many different servos and its still holding strong, but I use permanent thread lock on the spline before putting the adapter on and let the thread lock set for 24 hours before running. It will also come with a few different adapters for different brands of servos, so make sure to use the one that fits the tightest, as there is another one that will seem like it fits ok but is the wrong spline and it will strip if used. Make sure to firmly tighten the saver mounting screw and use some medium threadlock on it so it can't back out.

For the losi 8ight 8th scale shocks, you'll want the buggy shocks. (these are what some of the slash guys use) search ebay chop shops for the best deal on these shocks. You should be able to get em at 60-70 for the full set. I have read that the truggy stocks are too long at 127mm. The ones I have are knock offs that I won for 20 bucks off ebay, but can be had for not much more than that if using the buy now option. They've been good so far, but they come with weak rod ends. I'm also gonna go for the real ones right away because I want the ti shafts.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    The hot racing hd servo saver (black n silver) is a fairly stiff saver and will kill plastic servo gears so make sure you run a metal geared servo. As for the servo horn adapter threads stripping, I've been running mine for a year now on many different servos and its still holding strong, but I use permanent thread lock on the spline before putting the adapter on and let the thread lock set for 24 hours before running. It will also come with a few different adapters for different brands of servos, so make sure to use the one that fits the tightest, as there is another one that will seem like it fits ok but is the wrong spline and it will strip if used. Make sure to firmly tighten the saver mounting screw and use some medium threadlock on it so it can't back out.

For the losi 8ight 8th scale shocks, you'll want the buggy shocks. (these are what some of the slash guys use) search ebay chop shops for the best deal on these shocks. You should be able to get em at 60-70 for the full set. I have read that the truggy stocks are too long at 127mm. The ones I have are knock offs that I won for 20 bucks off ebay, but can be had for not much more than that if using the buy now option. They've been good so far, but they come with weak rod ends. I'm also gonna go for the real ones right away because I want the ti shafts.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Baldy. I have a Savox 1258 . I think thats the correct part number. Its the same servo lots of other people are running. Man thanks for the info on the shocks. I thought they were the buggy ones, but i just wanted to be sure. I will put the blue shocks on my p4de. I have alot of blue on that truck. Have a great day!

Sent from not a iphone

Another shock option is using a pair of losi Ten-T shocks on the front, and a pair of Ofna FRONT shocks on the rear.

You'll have to use spacers (washers) on the top and bottom to clear the A-Arms. That's a $50 solution for you.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Fast Lane Machine Diff lubed and assembled. Love the red.

Sent from not a iphone

That's the diff and oil weight I have in my Slash. You'll like that setup. I started with 5000wt which I decided was too loose, and settled on the 30k.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    My wheel nuts came in today. I got the green traxxas aluminum nuts. Should look tight. Last night I went ahead and ordered some losi 1/8 scale buggy shocks. I think they have the aluminum caps on them because I noticed a bleed hole on them. What's really cool and keeping with the green theme, I ordered some green spring socks. I also picked up a RPM green trans case cover. Don't know if the REM transmission comes with one or not. My integy trans did not. Looks like I finally found a way to make the castle sct 2400 green motor feel at home. Green and black. Should look cool. Now for the body. What color will I paint that?

RC Qualifier
    Keep the theme going green and black

RC Qualifier
    This is one of my favorite parts bin!

Sent from not a iphone

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Those are some awesome goodies there. All my fav......Time for some building...Luv it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

that motors going to be a MONSTER!! especialy in a 2wd
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

That's how we roll baby! Im excited for ya

RC Champion
    Those TRAXXAS greens look great sitting next to the 2400, dirty. If you ever decide to make the jump to 17mm hex wheels, I've seen the Kawasaki e revo hex nuts available on eBay too

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys. I can't believe I made a good color matching decision! I normally want things done today. Waiting patiently is new to me. I think it will pay off. Ging offshore Monday morning for about three days. Gota go make some cheese.lol

RC Qualifier
    Here is some more stuff that came in. I got the rpm motor protector. Wish it came in green. I also got some SPTST 12mm pin lock hex hubs. Dont think i will need the two for the rear as the new mips have a hex hub. I forgot to picture the black rpm front bumper. I hope i get to use the green rpm tranny cover.

Sent from not a iphone

You can put a cover on an REM case without issue. The problem is, and will be, keeping the teeth on your spur. You may find yourself powering through spur gears because of the torque a 2400 will push. With a perfect mesh, it'll be fine, nut once you get a touch of slop in the teeth, that gear is gone! Maybe you should consider a backup set in the 32p sizes. This will last longer and handle the torque without question. Only thing is, the gear cover out, wont fit with 32p.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    You can put a cover on an REM case without issue. The problem is, and will be, keeping the teeth on your spur. You may find yourself powering through spur gears because of the torque a 2400 will push. With a perfect mesh, it'll be fine, nut once you get a touch of slop in the teeth, that gear is gone! Maybe you should consider a backup set in the 32p sizes. This will last longer and handle the torque without question. Only thing is, the gear cover out, wont fit with 32p.
    I hear you Dread. I have been leaning towards switching to 32p. At least those are all inexpensive parts though. I can tell you from experience that the proline trans handled the torque well. Except for that cheesy plastic idler gear. The spur gear was tough though.

RC Racer
    How are those hot racing servo savers I was thinking about getting one in blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a serious combo of parts Dirty....Man this pede is going to be off the hook!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfoster View Post
    How are those hot racing servo savers I was thinking about getting one in blue

The blue hot racing saver is the medium duty, the black one is the heavy duty saver. Mine has lasted about a year so far, and is starting to show signs of a weak inner spring, so it will be getting replaced very soon. A year is a very decent amount of time for a servo saver imo, and now that they have dropped the price to $13.88 its a better deal. (They were $18.88 when i purchased mine)

Some users of the hot racing servo saver have reported problems with stripping the servo horn spline adapter, but if you refer to the info i posted on page one of this thread, there are some precautions that can be taken when installing the spline adapter for any brand of servo saver to help avoid these adapter stripping problems. Keep in mind that this has been an issue when considering the purchase. The kimbrough savers are known to be very durable as well and i believe they come in several different strengths and colors, you could also check those out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from Baldy's iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Thanks guys. I can't believe I made a good color matching decision! I normally want things done today. Waiting patiently is new to me. I think it will pay off. Ging offshore Monday morning for about three days. Gota go make some cheese.lol
    I know the "right now" feeling all too well. The right now parts are the ones i end up buying from the local hobby shop while im impatiently waiting for the ordered parts to arrive. Lol

Gonna be a sweet truck once you got er all put together!

RC Qualifier
    Hey Baldy i got my 1/8 losi buggy shocks in and i love them. I paid $70 on the bay. They have aluminum caps and collars. Also titanium nitride shafts. Check out the green springs on the rear. Also got the green covers in. They are a little to long, but i also ordered the smaller ones. Waiting on them to come in. I just got a bay update that the rem stuff is on its way.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    Here is a better pic of the 1/8 losi shocks. Man these shocks are huge. I put them next to my ten t losi shocks. Big difference is size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Qualifier
    Here is a pic with the "green" shock sock on it. I like it!

Sent from not a iphone

RC Qualifier
    Thanks to Loot i was able to accomplish this. During the process the completed motor.

Sent from not a iphone

Very nice man! Yeah the 8ight shocks are pretty massive. They were a necessity for my HR P2de XL cuz it is now tipping the scales at nearly 8lbs! As dread stated, youll have to ensure you get the mesh right on the money with that 2400 motor. I havent had any problems running 48p gearing with my et-3s and et-2400 setup, but i now run a hardened 72 tooth steel spur gear from hot racing and hard coated pinions from robinson racing. I had initially thought that running an all alloy trans case with steel internal gears, metal spur and pinion and aluminum gear cover would make some pretty loud operating noise, but it is surprisingly quiet. It does make for a pretty cool sound when running the truck at 55mph though. You are pushing a little less weight on your truck than i am, so as long as your mesh is good, i dont think youll have too much to worry about if you stick with 48p. Are you planning to run on 2s or 3s lipo?

I like the wire wrap you guys are using on your wires, i think im gonna have to try some for myself.

Now get er all put together so we can see this beast!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Awesome dd!! Nice touch on wrapping the wires. I've been doing that on my last couple of builds. I bought a handful of different shades a while back. That stuff seems to last forever. haha I'll be working my way around to the rest of my rigs soon enough. With winter coming around and shorter days, that should leave me some spare time to hook up the rest of my fleet.

The cable wrap you have looks close to the one i've been using. Man those losi 1/8 shocks are frigg'n huge!! I dig em.

Keep up the good work!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Very nice man! Yeah the 8ight shocks are pretty massive. They were a necessity for my HR P2de XL cuz it is now tipping the scales at nearly 8lbs! As dread stated, youll have to ensure you get the mesh right on the money with that 2400 motor. I havent had any problems running 48p gearing with my et-3s and et-2400 setup, but i now run a hardened 72 tooth steel spur gear from hot racing and hard coated pinions from robinson racing. I had initially thought that running an all alloy trans case with steel internal gears, metal spur and pinion and aluminum gear cover would make some pretty loud operating noise, but it is surprisingly quiet. It does make for a pretty cool sound when running the truck at 55mph though. You are pushing a little less weight on your truck than i am, so as long as your mesh is good, i dont think youll have too much to worry about if you stick with 48p. Are you planning to run on 2s or 3s lipo?

I like the wire wrap you guys are using on your wires, i think im gonna have to try some for myself.

Now get er all put together so we can see this beast!

Well i ordered my first SPC lipo last nite. I bought a 5600 mah, 50c, 3s. I will be running mainly 3s, but i will run 4s also for speed runs. That is one of the reasons i went with rem chassis, the ability to install huge batteries.