Hybrid View

RC poster

Question Which LiPo Should I Use?

I am very new to RC cars, in fact i just bought an RC car yesterday, here it is:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HSP-RC-Ca...item5d2d709167

(1/10 HSP Brontosaurus Brushed - Original battery: 7.2v 1800mAh Ni-MH)

I know it's a cheap thing, but it will do for my first RC car.

Basically i want to upgrade the battery to a LiPo as they are better (i hear), and i was wondering what battery specifications can give me long play times, and fast performance, although be SAFE for my RC car? I don't want it to burn out.

Thank you!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-16-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Many Traxxas LiPos fit in a wide variety of hobby-grade vehicles, but Traxxas does not allow support of third-party products such as that vehicle.
    Also, Traxxas has a very strict language policy. A filter operates to convert inappropriate words to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit the inappropriate term.
    -ksb51rl
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    I'm not to worried about the brand, i was mainly wanting to know what voltage/cell amount/amperage would be appropriate for my particular setup?
    Also, i do not see any inappropriate language in my post, although i will remember that for next time.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by monoles View Post
    I'm not to worried about the brand, i was mainly wanting to know what voltage/cell amount/amperage would be appropriate for my particular setup?
    Also, i do not see any inappropriate language in my post, although i will remember that for next time.

Thank you.
    Re: the language, you are correct - I edited your post and removed it.
    Re: the brand, this is the TRAXXAS LiPo subforum, so we ARE concerned with brand. Moreover, you are asking for support on a non-Traxxas vehicle, which is not permitted on the Traxxas forum.
    Therefore, this thread is closed.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =