RC poster

Wink Revo night driving lights...

I was tramping around my local park late sunday evening, keeping a guys boxer dog fit as it was running trying to keep up ith my revo,.
    As I kept being interupted by people impressed by my driving, sorry, my REVO, it started to get darker and darker and I was'nt finished...
    Eventually I couldn't stray my revo too far as I could only really hear it and loose direction so ended up in the street, not the street I live on obviously, lol
    I proberbly upset a few people at home watching the tv before heading off to bed as my revo charged up and down their street on its back wheels. Hehe

Anyway, It crossed my mind to fit a few lights and try out a bit of night driving, I've seen some nice Led kits online but wandered if anyone else has done this.
    Looking into it before I decided to ruin my canopy...
    Last edited by Double G; 10-15-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: language

i bought a set of these with intention of installing on my ERBE. just figuring out the best way to install the rears.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-COOL-RC-L...item3f19639782
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    How did you install the front lights ? They look a bit like stick on, any holes drilled ?

The rears do look award.

yeah you have to ream holes to mount them. im a little worried about the fronts on the ERBE shell, there's really no looking flat to the front location for them so you would end up a bit wall eyed, but the Nitro shell should be ok. It has some vertical bits on the front that would/should work just fine.

Im actually thinking of modding the bumpers to install the lights and leaving the whole kit on the chassis like the summit does.

But the kit itself is really nice. very easily modified to install a switch or even run direct off the rx.

RC Qualifier
    Go for it! I have a few kits that I bought off line. They don't light up everything but enough to keep track of the Revo

RC Qualifier
    Another option may be a set of summit bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

For myself im thinking the summit bumpers and lights would be a last resort kinda thing. Doesnt really flow at all with the ERBE, might get away without it looking to ochunky in the 3.3 shells.
    I have a spare set from my Summit i may decide to mock up some day just to see.
    Cant run it on the rear though under the ERBE wing that i am fairly certain of.

But if the flow isnt a big thing the summit bumpers would certainly be an easy button for adding lights to the Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I understand. I was under the impression the OP was wanting lights on a 3.3 with the whole getting late and upseting people watching tv...I may have misunderstood.

I have put a spare set of summit bumpers on my 3.3 just for kicks and they look pretty good but I run the same shell on both my revo and summit. (Yea booooring...I know) The bumpers do look "bigger" I think due to the smaller tires and lower stance of the revo but not crazy big.

Body, wheels and tires would all play a big part with the overal look and if they would match.

I totally agree, on an ERBE or like a revo platinum type body summit bumpers would stick out like a sore thumb and the added weight in the front, although minimal, might hinder its handling in the air when jumping.

I just thought I'd throw out the summit bumpers as another option.

They would work very nice on the 3.3 i'll agree with you there. Plus you have the added bonus of them now being chassis mounted instead of body mounted.

RC Qualifier
    this is what i came up with i put them om the bumpers and they are chassis mounted i took down a 13yr kid and my son who thought they were faster than power ban 2nd gear lol

its hard to see but there are little holes in the rear bumper and i put some red LEDs in them .

its pretty easy to do to put a y in the serve some resistors and a switch and your good.
    i put my switch in the wheel well like so
    Last edited by mr venom; 10-16-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    i see the world as driving terrain

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    They would work very nice on the 3.3 i'll agree with you there. Plus you have the added bonus of them now being chassis mounted instead of body mounted.
    Summit bumpers are just one option out of kajillions as I'm sure you know. You could spend days researching different light kits. (I know I have )

I personally would like to have an extra channel to turn the lights on and off or switch functions from the tx via a controller.

RC Qualifier
    Pretty MEAN looking Revo you got there mr venom I like the bead lock look. That must help protect the stock rims... mine are all banged up.