RC poster

Rally VXL alternative?

Hello,

My name is Dan and i live in the UK. I curently own a Grave Digger for bashing and a Rally VXL. I was hoping for some advice for an alternative for the VXL. I bought it looking for a quick car to run on car parks etc but find that it just spins out all the time. I am using the stock tyres as in the UK are hard to get. My questions therefore are...

1. Does the Mustang handle VXL or brushed handle any different?
    2. Would the Fiesta (brushed) be more suitable, as it is slower?

Any advice, welcomed....

RC Qualifier
    Hey Dan, welcome to forum!!! The Rally is a beast, once you sort a few things!!! The stock tires don't hook up very well, HPI makes some very nice choices!!!! I personally have used the X-patterns, hook up alot but still give ya a bit of drift. The Super Radials are great also, no drift......foam tires are supposed to be great too, but I have'nt tried them yet (got a set on order though!!!) Also try more preload on the shocks.....the "softer" they are set, the more it drifts. Hope this helps!!! Hopefully Jimmie will chime in and give some more advice!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The Mustang and the Fiesta are basically the same RC as the Rally.

Bill had some great advice... tuning is key!
    Changing shock oil, shock springs, differential oil, tires, toe, camber... all of that can make it hug better.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Bill, Jimmie....thanks for the tips. I will look into it. Cheers, Dan

RC Qualifier
    Hey Dan, thought I'd help you a lil more on the tire thing....

HPI Super Radials

Got this set off ebay for $19 (unmount'd so I also had to buy the wheels too) If you want a set that DOES NOT drift, give these a try. I had to "soften" up the preload a lil bit cause with too much preload the rally would flip on high speed corners. Have been running them hard for about a week straight and so far they show no wear!!!! I also listen'd to everyone here on the forum and my 1st upgrade was shock springs, black stripe up front and tan stripe in the rear.....very nice and inexpensive upgrade, made a big difference!!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally