RC Competitor

Center Differential Questions

i have a stampede vxl 4x4. I have 50k fluid in both diff and trencher for tires. I know i need to switch the rear diff to 30k and get sway bars. I use a 2s lipo and I have steering issues. I either under steer cause the front tires get picked up or over steer and just flip over. I can't take under turns under power i have to release the throttle and take a turn wide. Will a center differential stop my front wheels from coming up and allow me to take turns on the inside and have power coming out of them? I run the tracks at UNOH school. So i do mostly short course i do bash a little bit but nothing extreme besides jumps and occasionally climbing something.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Yes to the first 3 questions. Unfortunately, swapping in a center diff with stock oil, will prevent you from climbing much of anything steep.
    Last edited by rag6; 10-15-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Yes to the first 3 questions. Unfortunately, swapping in a center diff with stock oil, will prevent you from climbing much of anything steep.
    thank you and thats no big deal i can swap it back to the slipper clutch for any of that if i need to its not a hard change so

Quote Originally Posted by ITh4n4tosI View Post
    thank you and thats no big deal i can swap it back to the slipper clutch for any of that if i need to its not a hard change so
    I swap back and forth a good amount. Most of the time I leave the slipper in because I am just goofing off and like the wheelies but if I seriously want to go fast or shut my son the "race" truck fan boy up I throw in the center diff
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I swap back and forth a good amount. Most of the time I leave the slipper in because I am just goofing off and like the wheelies but if I seriously want to go fast or shut my son the "race" truck fan boy up I throw in the center diff
    yeah thats my problem with the racing application. It just wheelies and either understeers or over steers to the point of flipping over. I can never actually reach top speed cause even a 2s lipo pulls the wheels up my NiMH battey is actually faster cause its more composed