Thread: Beefier Servo?

RC Qualifier

Question Beefier Servo?

I just picked up a New ACE R/C DS1015 servo on eBay for 80 bucks. I didn't really research it before I bid but I assumed it was stronger than stock. I just noticed it is recommended for 1/8 buggy's; has anyone used it in there pede's? I won't get it for a couple of days and was just curious how it will fit/work in our 4x4s. My stock servo is starting to struggle with the 3.2's and the 17mm adapters so I figured I'd step-up before she goes down.

Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-15-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: image link replaced
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

ds1015 specs
    Torque: 6.0V: 201.4 oz-in (14.50 kg-cm)
    Speed: 6.0V: 0.11 sec/60
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    What are the specs of your new servo? I know many of the 4x4 guys at my track prefer that servo in their 4x scts. It is a carpet track with tons of traction, and the 4x4 sct's need a lot of torque to have responsive steering on such a small, tight track.

EDIT: Ksb answered....

EDIT2: cool link!
    Last edited by rag6; 10-15-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

I have that same servo in my Pede 4x4,,,my son has several of them in various other vehicles. They work very well IMO and none of them have ever failed us. I think yu will be happy with it I know I am with mine.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    What are the specs of your new servo? I know many of the 4x4 guys at my track prefer that servo in their 4x scts. It is a carpet track with tons of traction, and the 4x4 sct's need a lot of torque to have responsive steering on such a small, tight track.

EDIT: Ksb answered....

EDIT2: cool link!
    Thanks. One tries one's best.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Cool, thanks guys, at least I know it will fit and work alright. I'm going to install the ST aluminum bellcrank, replace my broken Integy XHD driveshafts with the MIP's, and install my RR Gen 3 slipper when the new servo comes in. Getting excited to bash again. Any guesses on what will break next?

RC Qualifier
    Installed the DS1015 and was truly surprised in the improvement! It is so much more responsive and quicker; it snaps my 3.2's back to dead center every time! I got lucky and picked it up new for 78 bucks...now I need to get a couple more!

RC Qualifier
    Just put one in my honcho and for $50 a piece at my lhs I might get 2 more for my p4de and my revo.

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC0251...avsc0251mg.htm
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    Nitro, That was my next choice...especially since I could have bought 2 for the price I paid for the Ace. I just happened to win a low-ball bid and ended up paying about 30 bucks less than retail for the DS1015. I just now ordered the Savox for my boys pede (from your link). It just seemed wrong how sluggish his steering is compared to mine...and the fact that my 8yr old boy noticed the response improvement in my truck made me proud of him enough to drop the 40 bucks!

The o251 will not compare to the ds1015, but the 0251 is much better that stock. Sometimes more torque makes a servo feel faster. I believe the 0251 and 2075 have the same speed, but in my bigger stuff, the 0251 feels much faster due to the almost 100 extra oz of torque

RC Qualifier
    I need a stronger servo with my 3.2's and 17mm hexes, but I don't want to give up the waterproof feature. Are either the Ace or Savox waterproof? If not, anyone have any other recommendations?

My Savox 1258 got some water over it many times. Never had any issue with it.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    I need a stronger servo with my 3.2's and 17mm hexes, but I don't want to give up the waterproof feature. Are either the Ace or Savox waterproof? If not, anyone have any other recommendations?
    My truck just went swimming with the Ace...didn't seem to bother it a bit. I guess as long as you maintain it you should be good

RC Racer
    if i run a et3s with a spektrum receiver do i need anything to make the savox work
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

Good question. Does the et3s use the same 2A bec as the mmp???

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I ran hitec 5645mg for a long time without issues, savox 1258 is great, but you will need a glitch buster.

RC Racer
    rag it does use the same built in bec so do i still need a regular bec like the castle 10a one if i get an et3s and if i get a savox servo do i need a glitch buster
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck