RC Racer

Will this work??

I want to know if I can run a 12t and a 21t 550 motor on the 16.8v evx-2 esc for an old emaxx I have.

Will it hurt the esc if I do this? Or will I just have to watch my voltages? The esc is rated to 16.8v but I was told to use the 21t motors cause they can handle the 16.8v and the 12t wont..

Any suggestions??

I also purchased the 775 behemoth motor with dual inputs for the evx-2 but since my emaxx is the old 3906, I cant find any adapters or motor plates running around ebay that will allow me to install it..

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
    1/10 Titan 775 bandit COMPLETED!!

RC Champion
    I had to mod the stock plate to fit a new motor. It's easy enough to make a new plate.
    For motors they have to match otherwise they will fight each other and both will burn out within a day. Maybe damage the esc too.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Racer
    Well, I am going to bite the bullet and try modding the stock plate and a drive gear to fit. It's gonna take some trail and error, but worst thing is gonna be getting the gear drilled for the 5mm motor drive shaft size. i bought a brand new set of bits and am hoping that I can actually get them to drill thru. From what i can tell, if i make the motor sit almost snug to the transmission, the drive gear should fit the clutch gear almost perfectly. bear in mind I am dealing with a 775 titan motor, and not a 550.. So it's gonna get fun in a hurry.. I will take some pictures and show how it either worked or totally screwed up... Who knows, I may figure out a design for a plate that i can sell to other members wanting to do the same thing to their setup as well.

RC Champion
    Ok, so bite the bullet again and buy a $5 5mm bore pinion. Theyre all over the place. plus, you would want a 14t pinion for the 775, and the stock pinions are 17t i think.

Maybe send DAN at kershaw designs a email, his adapter for the single 700-HO might fit the 775, im not sure.
    "American Muscle beats import any day of the week"

RC Champion
    it's not worth drilling the pinion. you only have quarter the height of a gear tooth for accuracy.
    a few people on here used a 775 motor in the 3906 a few years back. Use the search to see many of them.
    I'm not sure if dan still does the motor mount for 3906 anymore. but ask him anyway.
    If you just bought a 775 you should of got the dewalt. The price for the performance increase isn't justified with a 775 from the twin 550's.
    If you already had a 775 thats fine, single motors are more smoother.

RC Racer
    The problem with buying the pinion is I have to wait 3 weeks to get it.. I drive a truck and am gone 3 weeks at a time. This is just experimenting and playing around for me on the emaxx.

My main fun is the slash 1/16.. I got that all set up for the brush less vxl3m and MAN does that thing fly!! It can go faster but I just can't get it to hold traction now..

And the guy you want me to email i havent heard of. I am still very new to all this so figuring out all the different companies and tricks will take quite a while. If someone can pm me a name or email address on here i would be glad to contact him about the plate.

RC Champion
    I'm from UK and order my pinions from there. They have a much better selection than whats available in the UK. The largest i seen available here is a 22t and I'm running 28t.

RC Racer
    So let me pose another question... can I use the vxl3m setup since its brush less and more powerful on the 3906 in low range?? I don't have the servo installed for the hi low selector, so that's not a worry.

Since most of this usage is just around truck parking lots and small areas, will it handle it?

I know some of these questions may seem dumb, but with this motor and running a 1500 mah 3s battery, i cant keep it under control for a top speed run. It breaks the tires loose and winds up doing 10-20 flips before it comes to a rest and i have to go get it.

RC Racer
    nevermind on the above...

I am about to just sell off everything I have and get a 1/10 slash brushless or emaxx brushless brand new..

I am tired of trying to figure out stuff just to get something working and it quit...

RC Champion
    That may be a better option if you are not a builder. Some guys (like me) like repair/modding as much or more than running, but if you just want to run, a good route to go.

What type of running do you usually do?

RC Racer
    usually, since I only have a 1/16 slash at the moment, I run parking lots and low cut grass..

but if I can get the e-maxx up and running to where I can use it and it last a little while, i would run just about anything i can run it across.

I played around with the brushless setup earlier on the emaxx just wanting to see if it would run the truck, and it did.. but unfortunately it cooked the esc and the battery leaked so I am now down a lipo battery and the esc for the brushless setup.

On the 1/16 slash i couldnt get it to hold traction, even running steady at half to 3/4 throttle and then going to full.. it would break loose and get squirrely and cause all kinda problems with flipping and bouncing and usually 25-75 yards away from me...

I actually had to go running across the parking lot here cause another driver was heading towards it... I was yelling at him to get him to stop before running over almost $400 worth of car and upgrades..

RC Champion
    Ya, whenever i run in the corn fields or anything, I always have my dirt bike so I dont have to walk across the mud to flip it back over.