Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I have had 43mph with 5300mah 50-100c pack but just had a 6000mah 65-130c for my birthday and it feels a bit faster but have not used my mates speed gun with the new pack and the punch is crazy....peace
    Alright thanks, man, I will try the 17t pinion to start with.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    I have went to the lhs today and got some parts. I will post pictures after I mount the parts on. But first I have a question: Do you use both screws to mount the motor to the motor plate because I'm getting binding on the lower screw?
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Yes you use both screws maybe make sure that they are going into the right holes man!Or get new screws give me an update on how things go for you dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    Yes you use both screws maybe make sure that they are going into the right holes man!Or get new screws give me an update on how things go for you dude....peace
    Sometimes I wonder about my rc assembling skills. I had the motor plate flipped the wrong way so the screws were not going through the counter-sunk slots. Thanks speeniepoos!
    Either way I made some progress on the truck this weekend. I'll let the pictures show: (I will get some better pictures when its lighter out)

Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Your monster is coming on very well dudewhat is the temp outside in the us right now because its getting cold here in the uk man....peace

RC Champion
    Your monster is coming on very well dudewhat is the temp outside in the us right now because its getting cold here in the uk man....peace
    Thanks for the props! I can't wait to get out and run the pede, but I have to save up for an esc first.

Here in Michigan, its 39* today. I feel winter is coming here, which means no running time. Whats the temp in the UK?
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

OMG it the same temp here which is good for your combo come summer you may have to gear down to a 15t or get a fan for the motor just so you never get it to hot because the better you look after it the longer it will last.and tenshock are about to bring out a version 2 of the motor will run 10% cooler again and in different kvskeep up the good work dude........peace

RC Champion
    OMG it the same temp here which is good for your combo come summer you may have to gear down to a 15t or get a fan for the motor just so you never get it to hot because the better you look after it the longer it will last.and tenshock are about to bring out a version 2 of the motor will run 10% cooler again and in different kvskeep up the good work dude........peace
    Yeah, about two days after I received the email confirming the motor was shipped, the place I ordered from sent me a notification about the new motor. I'm not that disappointed though because 10% heat decrease doesn't seem that much.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Its good to know that they are trying to improve all the time but as you say whats 10% but the 3400kv will have a tiny bit more torque again so go up another pinion size....peace

RC Champion
    So as of now, the pede has been sitting while I find a traxxas et-3s and fund it along with the body and outwears shroud. I was bored yesterday so I put the body from my first rc truck (it was a nitrorcx one) just to see what it would look like. The body is probably four years old. Here are some outside pictures:

The front end is gone on the passenger side because the truck was sitting on the table, and when I bumped into in, the truck rolled off and snapped the weak lexan. Oh well!
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Dude look into the hobbywing sc8 esc 120a they go very well with the tenshocks.....peace....ps that body shell is super weak if it broke from falling from a table

RC Champion
    Dude look into the hobbywing sc8 esc 120a they go very well with the tenshocks.....peace....ps that body shell is super weak if it broke from falling from a table
    I considered hobbywing before but since I already bought the castle link set-up, I'm going to stick with the et-3s, and yeah, that body is very fragile.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

cool that esc will fly with that tenshock so it sounds like your truck will be a weapon man...peace

RC Champion
    Alright, so I finally got an et-3s from ebay for $80. It was a buy now, and I realize that I could have bought it for cheaper, but I would have had to wait six days for the bidding to end. The weather is turning colder in Michigan and the pede is just sitting on the table, so I REALLY want to drive it. I will drive it with the fragile shell on first, then I will get a Jconcepts replacement.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Good man only 6 days and then you will love it what body are you going to get and what colour are you doing??..peace

RC Champion
    Good man only 6 days and then you will love it what body are you going to get and what colour are you doing??..peace
    I'm leaning towards the Jconcepts Ford F-250 body. Here is the link:http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=472
    I'm thinking of a silver/white and black paint job, but I have not really decided. I'm not a very good painter so I'm not doing anything fancy. If anyone has any color opinions post them up open to. Thanks
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

That will look trick with your desperados and trenchers dude.I forgot to tell you my best mate got me a new 3s for my birthday and with a 17t pinion on the tenshock its so fast and mental it pulls wheelies at 40mph + and easy does double backflips off a skate kicker ramp..peace

RC Champion
    That will look trick with your desperados and trenchers dude.I forgot to tell you my best mate got me a new 3s for my birthday and with a 17t pinion on the tenshock its so fast and mental it pulls wheelies at 40mph + and easy does double backflips off a skate kicker ramp..peace
    That sounds awesome! I will have to learn to control that kind of power because my last project was an lcg slash indoor racer, so I never had that much power. I plan on mainly using 2s to start, but I will eventually go to 3s. Do you have a picture of your truck?
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Will take some pics on the weekend and show you with the body on and off so you have an idea what its all about. And yes its a different beast with this motor and esc even with 2s you will be impressed by how fast it is...peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    If anyone has any color opinions post them up open to. Thanks
    This is how i chose to do mine in the end. (I found the super-duty body from Jconcepts a much better fit than the raptor body which was too wide, but still had to do minor trimming to run this body with trenchers).

Yo cossack what a sweet truck you got man....peace

RC Champion
    cossack4, your truck makes me like white on an rc truck. Normally I would favor black, but white with that stripe you have down the side makes it look nice. Thanks for sharing a picture of the jconcepts body because I haven't seen too many around.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Very nice build so far! I am also doing a blacked out p4de build and will be dying the chassis black real soon. I like the way you lowered the body mounts, it looks really good. I managed to fit the 2wd pede monster jam body mount on the front of my 4x4 for some adjustability and am working on a way to mount the rears as well so i will be able to mount any body i want.

Heres the link to my thread if you wanted to check it out

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8968637

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...the-HR-P2de-XL...
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Very nice build so far! I am also doing a blacked out p4de build and will be dying the chassis black real soon. I like the way you lowered the body mounts, it looks really good. I managed to fit the 2wd pede monster jam body mount on the front of my 4x4 for some adjustability and am working on a way to mount the rears as well so i will be able to mount any body i want.

Heres the link to my thread if you wanted to check it out

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8968637

Thanks for the compliments. I see you will be running the et-3s too. Mine is supposed to be delivered today so hopefully I can have my first run tomorrow. I do like your use of the monster jam mounts to lower the body because they give you some adjust ability. What is your reasoning for making the pede wider?
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Thanks for the compliments. I see you will be running the et-3s too. Mine is supposed to be delivered today so hopefully I can have my first run tomorrow. I do like your use of the monster jam mounts to lower the body because they give you some adjust ability. What is your reasoning for making the pede wider?
    I started running the et-3s/et-2400 funny car combo in my hr p2de xl roght after the release of the funny car. At that time the funny car was so new that there wasnt any available to buy at ebay chop shops so i yanked the combo from my funny car and ran it. When they became available on ebay i replaced the combo in the funny car and purchased a bunch more of the funny car combos to use in all of my Traxxas rc's. Its a very powerful system with a ton of great options and has been very reliable. For the 145 bucks i paid for each combo, its a super deal.

In regards to widening the p4de - The p4de has the same roll over issues as the p2de. With a wider stance it wont roll over during high speed turns. The high center of gravity is also one of the main reasons (besides looks) why i wanted to lower the body way down. Lowering the body lowers the COG which in turn lessens the rollover during hard turning. It also makes the truck more aerodynamic which helps keep the nose from acting like a parachute when running at high speeds.

Lowering the body was a "must have" for me, and figuring out a way to use the monster jam mounts is a total bonus because it opens up a whole bunch more options for mounting aftermarket bodies. This morning i figured out how to mount mj mounts on the rear as well, so now the body possibilities are only limited to the budget.

Dude will try and take some pics tomorrow dude the weather here is mental with wind and rain....peace

RC Champion
    Alright so I need some help. I have the wires all soldered up an everything is together, but the power the truck has is very low. When I go full throttle, the truck probably moves around 15-20 mph and acceleration is slow. Am I missing some setting? Any help would be appreciated.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Alright so I need some help. I have the wires all soldered up an everything is together, but the power the truck has is very low. When I go full throttle, the truck probably moves around 15-20 mph and acceleration is slow. Am I missing some setting? Any help would be appreciated.
    This is running the tenshock 3500 motor and et-3s esc? 2s or 3s lipo? Did you calibrate the esc to the transmitter?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    This is running the tenshock 3500 motor and et-3s esc? 2s or 3s lipo? Did you calibrate the esc to the transmitter?

Yes it is the tenshock 3500 kv motor with the et-3s esc and a 2s lipo. I did not calibrate the esc to the transmitter. Could you tell me how to?
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

What setting are you using on the esc man?

RC Champion
    Actually never mind, I found the link in your thread on how to calibrate it. I will try it in a few minutes then report back.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

I hope you get it sorted dude i am waiting with bated breath...peace

RC Champion
    I hope you get it sorted dude i am waiting with bated breath...peace
    Ha ha thanks, spenniepoos. Well I calibrated it and it seems to work now, but I have the slipper clutch set waaaayyy to loose. Tomorrow after work I will tighten it up and take it on its maiden run because it is too dark and cold outside now.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Then you will see why i love the tenshock motor for its price and power man...peace

RC Champion
    Tonight I tightened up the slipper clutch and took the pede for a test drive for 5 minutes because it was cold outside. RESULTS: The truck is VERY fast, but acceleration is slow. I don't have a speed gun, but I estimate that the speed is around 40-50 mph. The truck could not pull wheelies, and again, had slow acceleration. I was a bit disappointed because I want acceleration and wheelie torque opposed to fast speed. I'm thinking I need to change the gearing or adjust esc settings. Any suggestions?? Either way I plan on running it again at the same settings when its light out. Thanks!
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

I bet you its the esc. mine is set on 6 punch and all it does is wheelie and torque is mental double check the settings dude ..peace

Have you sorted your esc settings out yet man???????......peace

RC Champion
    Have you sorted your esc settings out yet man???????......peace
    I won't have the chance to look at it till the weekend because of school.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    I bet you its the esc. mine is set on 6 punch and all it does is wheelie and torque is mental double check the settings dude ..peace
    Hi, how do you change the settings in the ESC to be more aggressive? I know there is training mode and normal mode but what is "6 punch"???

Quote Originally Posted by Crackelaktor View Post
    Hi, how do you change the settings in the ESC to be more aggressive? I know there is training mode and normal mode but what is "6 punch"???
    My esc is a hobbywing sct pro that takes 2s to 4s packs and you change the settings with the program card because i am running a tenshock 3500kv 4 pole 550 motor.And punch is the amount of power to accelerate to top speed ...peace