RC Enthusiast

Retractable Spoiler

Retractable Spoiler

I have an idea. I want to make a spoiler that will go up and down and also angle itself. Anyone have any pics or videos or links to one?

RC Qualifier
    I've been to a local short track that featured a travelling 'super modified' class of cars...look kinda similar to a sprint car, but the top wing was hinged in the front and attached on the back by struts. what this did was make it so going down the straightaway the wing would get 'pushed down' flat from downforce, this reduces drag and makes the car go faster down the straight. then as the cars slowed for the turn, the downforce on the wing decreased enough to allow the struts to push it back up at a pretty good angle to get more downforce for the turn, when exiting the turn and the speed increased, the downforce increased and pushed it back down. it was definitely a sight to see.

the normal sprint cars at this track are producing 2400 lbs of downforce with their fixed wings, interesting since the car only weighs 1850 lbs, technically they could run upside down if they had a way to get started

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadben22504 View Post
    Retractable Spoiler

I have an idea. I want to make a spoiler that will go up and down and also angle itself. Anyone have any pics or videos or links to one?
    It shouldn't be that hard with a servo and a 3 channel radio. Which vehicle is this for?
    Land of the free?

RC Enthusiast
    a rustler vxl

RC Champion
    I could probably rig something up for that with lexan, some metal and a servo. Except I don't have a Rustler. Are you worried about durability?
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Jang from urc did it on his street sport project
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it