RC Champion

hey guys what is a allround racing tire for pac....

hey there guys just woundering what a good allround raceing tire would be for a packed clay mix
    the local track has been recently made so i guess there is no known tire to be best suited for the track

i was thinking something along the lines from proline but then what tire is best becuase they make so many
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Competitor
    What I gather is there is really no *one* tire.

I'm trying a set of Proline Bowfighters in soft.

Got 5 runs on a similar track (hard pack clay with dust on top)...they seemed to work fine-more wear than I imagined though.

My driving skills are my major concern...honestly can't say if the tires are the best! :-)

RC Champion
    ya the clay has to be wet and packed it has been damp and slightly rainning over the past couple days

as for a tire i dont want to have to shell out money for a new set for every 10th race thats just rediculess
    ya i seen the bow fighters and was looking at the gladiater's but this is the first time that i will be going to a track and have zero race experience sept for running up and down a dirt lot and on the street with my pede

Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post

as for a tire i dont want to have to shell out money for a new set for every 10th race thats just rediculess
    No offense, but if you don't want to replace tires that often, you may want to reconsider racing. 10 race days will result in a lot of tire wear on a surface like you're explaining.

RC Champion
    awhhh
    hmmm then it will be wel worth it
    so a bead lock rim would be best since it alows quicker tire changes

RC Racer
    My suburbs made it through the winter racing last year. They had tire wear but those are designed to hold grip down to almost smooth tire surface. Vert good tire.

maybe p-l ions?
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

Proline Calibers work well on my track which sounds similar to yours.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    hmmm will have to try

and also i will try and get a video or forum to the track up

i see proline gladiators or fuzz/fuss(dont know witch one)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastmr2 View Post
    I like the Proline Calibers
    THIS. I have 3 sets, they're awesome tires and grip like you wouldnt believe. I havent ran them in Snow yet, but tarmac, concrete, dirt, grass, sand... they're awesome.

http://prolineracing.com/tires/calib...-black-wheels/

RC Enthusiast
    I race on a homemade track where there is some loose soil and some really hard packed clay. I use Proline Gladiators 2.2/3.0 on the front and 2.2's on the rear for more traction. I have a lot of hours on these tires and have almost no wear. Never tried the Calibers so I can't give an opinion.

RC Champion
    ok so gladiators 50/50
    caliber could see getting
    but am still majorly confused i could see a tread between the gladiaters and bow fighters. gladiaters for rear maybe and some thing like p-l suburbs or j-concepte bar codes

but here is a video of the track and its layout .i am not in this video it is off of one of the track members photo account

http://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/...torcsept16.mp4
    Last edited by reod12x2; 10-23-2012 at 08:33 PM.

RC Champion
    hey guys back into tire looking again but for indoor clay....from what i have found is the p-l "ions" and the j concepts "presure points" are localy recomended.. but for other indoor tracks....as the track that im wanting to go to is currently under construction and the layout is some what vaage.wich makes the choice tricky.....there is talk of some straights and sweeping turns and the demensions are going to be roughtly 45' x 100'...

thank you guys for all your help

RC Qualifier
    so after a year of racing at your out door track im sitting here wondering what tire did u go with and how long did they last for u? were the suggestions given to u good? There was no feed back other than what u might go with. Oh the Suspense.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Champion
    lol^

but no unfortuniatly i havnt had the funds or time to convert my stampede into a slash or to get the tires that were recomended above till now.....sept now the track that i was talking about is now closed for the season .and they have no plans to be a proper race track..... so that pushes me to go else where for racing

im hyped up again to finish the conversion,get tires,and to race...so that led me to do some searching around the local forums. and i have found a close by track that is going to be opening in december.and it is going to be a indoor clay track.... so i think that i am going to need a diffrent tires setup then what was recomended for this new track

as with the old track as it stands it is so out of shape that i could hold 1st to 2nd place with my 2wd stampede useing 2.8 p-l trenchers and that was againts 4x4sct's with proper tire's and tuned...that's how rought it was...

thank you guys for the previous and futur help

as with the old track as it stands it is so out of shape that i could hold 1st to 2nd place with my 2wd stampede useing 2.8 p-l trenchers and that was againts 4x4sct's with proper tire's and tuned...that's how rought it was...
    If your stamped is 2wd this is quiet an achievement, as much as I prefer my 2wd's to the 4x4's I can cut 1/3 off my lap time with my 4wd's on the same track but the 2wd's are three times the fun.
    We have a indoor clay track about 40 miles from my place I'll be trying this year and while I know little of indoor clay track racing I have heard that jconcepts goosebumps are a good tire, But in my opinion I would listen to the experience and wisdom of harry697 as he's not only well versed on the subject his driving skills are quintessential.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    mostly^^^^it was just brute force/power and consistancy that kept me up to them(wheelieing well doing a burnout down the main straight)....the track was dry in the morning and by the end of the day the the track was putting up so much dust...
    "only water it on race days"

RC Champion
    hey guys just checked in on the local forum and the guys that are making the track have no idea yet from what it seams...(but the track is still under construction).what they have recomended is to start with aka soft "grid iorns" and as the track gets worked/groved in go to p-l "ion's" -- j concepts "presure points","bar codes"

and others that were recomended were aka "handle bars".

RC Champion
    been talking to the guys at the other forums and they have sumed it up to aka grid irons untill the track is broken in....
    so i will be going with the aka's..... untill they have found a track chosen tire