RC poster

XO-1 at the strip

Anybody done this? I'm racing my 1:1 Mustang tomorrow at Bandimere. Last day of the year, should be pretty relaxed so I'm going to see if they'll let me run my stock XO-1 down the 1/8 mile.
    They prep it good so the car should get with it out of the hole. Any guesses?
    This car runs fine, I've seen 104-105 back to back on no-spin telemetry runs. Our thin air might help with that.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    this is going to be very interesting....dont forget to post a video
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC poster
    If this works out I'll have a video and a timeslip. My car runs 6.7/105 in the eighth. What does traxxas claim for 0-100? 4.8? If true the XO should be in the 5's 1/8 mile.

RC Champion
    i may drive up to see this!

RC Qualifier
    Nice to see someone else in Colorado with an XO-1. Keep us posted.
    XO-1 #4...

RC poster
    Got permission to run it. End of eliminations, it's gonna be a few hours. Not sure I'll have video but should get a slip.

RC Qualifier
    Hate to bust any bubbles but the car will PROBABLY not trip the mph and 1/8 clocks. Too low. Staging beams no problem.

RC Qualifier
    I am pretty sure there was already an XO-1 or two at Bandimere earlier this year that had no problem tripping the clocks.

The problem will be getting traction on the strip. Apparently it was harder for the XO-1s earlier in the year to hookup on the strip than the parking lot at the strip.
    XO-1 #4...

RC poster
    Well I went out and looked, the beams are higher up. So I taped this ghetto cardboard fin to the body. Now just waiting.

RC Qualifier
    Are you standing in the staging lanes with your XO-1? That would be awesome! At least have someone take a picture of the XO-1 when it's staged. Make sure you go around the water box!
    XO-1 #4...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    you guys seen this video....XO-1 vs porche, yamaha motorcycle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Wsd...feature=relmfu
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Qualifier
    Yes, saw that. Too bad the cars and bikes were old and slow.
    XO-1 #4...

RC poster
    Sorry guys, it never happened. I would have had to wait till ten and then make the track crew setup for one more car on the last day of the year. It was super sticky out there, like walk out of your shoes sticky. So not much doubt the car would have hooked with hot tires.

This thread now sucks, apologies.

RC Qualifier
    Dang, maybe next year
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    I've taken the XO1 to an 1/8 mile track before and it will hook very well with a nicely prepared track. With slicks you pretty much have guaranteed traction. We went during the day one day over the summer thanks to a little favor from the track owner. I know some other guys have ran their RC cars and they had to run a ribbon tied to the rear of the car so it would trip the sensors at the end of the track.

I've been thinking of lining my 8s XO1 set-up against my 600whp GTR. Problem is that I don't trust anyone driving my GTR and I don't trust anyone driving the 8s XO1 either, lol. The 8s set-up is insanely fast and the smallest blip of the throttle can cause that sucker to lose control. One of my clients has another GTR and we've discussed racing the 6s XO1 vs his car but I really don't feel comfortable if the XO1 loses control during the race.

E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Racer
    Nice ride Anthony. Perhaps we should start a thread with owners summer rides. But I don't think we'd be allowed to do this on here.