RC Qualifier

How to install fuel filter

How do i install This fuel filter into a traxxas t-maxx 2.5 here are pics of The truck

RC Qualifier
    Pic so if i cut where my finger is and then install the fuel filter on both ends like in the pick

RC Racer
    fuel filter goes between tank and carb

RC Qualifier
    I got it ... thanks

Screen side on the carb side.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    @Double G Screen side on the carb side is that to allow whatever (Gunk) that should not be in the fuel but ends up there to have a space to collect without causing any issues with Flow? I was wondering the same thing when I got a Bunch of Misc extra Items in a Lot I bought and there was a couple filters in there so I opened them up to see what was inside (it is a bad habit I always take things apart to see how they work) and I noticed the screen on one side and a fair size cavity on the other with no apperant reason for it except to collect any misc particles.

RC Qualifier
    I have the same exact one, just put it between the tank and carb, I put it right under the tank, have a small amount of tubing going to the tank, the the filter, then the rest of the tubing and connect to the carb of course, but I've noticed that the fuel doesn't go through the filter fast enough causing some bubbles ad not giving you full power.
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

Quote Originally Posted by spudler_t View Post
    Screen side on the carb side is that to allow whatever (Gunk) that should not be in the fuel but ends up there to have a space to collect without causing any issues with Flow?
    Yes. Should anything get into the tank and through the lines, would you rather have a smaller space for it to pile up on or a larger one?
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    No I would rather have a Large one of course, I was just commenting on how I noticed it was designed, normally all the filters I deal with have either a Brass Filter or a fabric style one like cottoen etc. never dealt with one with a small screen and nothing else.
    Of course there could be something missing from mine since I got it with a bunch of items and it was not brand new.