RC Champion

going to a torc track tomorow eny advice on racing my pede

hey guys so your probably thinking that im going to drive my pede on a torc track meant for 1-1 sct's ...lol nope ......the name of the club is tri-city off road club lol they are a new track that has recently started up and are establishing there selves quight good and plan on making orginized races next year for starting spring 2013

so what i have is trenchers and stock pede sept for my hitatin motor and a 2s 6000mah spc lipo
    eny advice on racing the pede?

thanks guys
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    The trenchers prolly won't do to well u should have more of a pin tire

RC Champion
    ya sorry i left the track material out but its packed clay mix and likely packed wet

RC Champion
    I wouldn't sweat it. Go as you are and see how it does. Take notice to your gearing as to how well it fits the track layout. See if your suspension is too hard or soft, and try to drop your body if you can. I'd make it as much of a learning experience as you can and go back next time with some adjustments.

RC Champion
    In my opinion Trenchers are not a good tire if your looking to handle corners. They roll onto the sidewalls way to much for my liking. So if for some reason you have them dismounted pack some stiffer foam into them. Or if you have a different set of tires use them. But if your stuck with the Trenchers drive the truck like you stole it.

Rules allowing something you can do that will really help the truck is to strap a old 6 cell pack to the bottom of the chassis. The change in the center of gravity makes a big difference. You will also want to lower the truck as much as possible. If you find that your springs are to stiff or you need to use spacers, zip ties can be used to limit the suspension travel.

Also you may find almost no one runs brushed setups at the track. So if you decide to go there on a regular basis I would suggest getting a quality brushless system.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Champion
    well they just got the track setup a couple months ago i went by today just to see and there was a old xl-1 pede a older body style rustler and a new tlr 22sct witch was weired becuase the track layout it looked lik you couldent get mutch speed up even in the straights .it looks like its going to rain tomorow so it looks like the plane is screwed

but im quight confortible i know my pede and it dosent have alot of front grip on or at full speed on dirt sufaces
    and dosent seem to flip to often with full steer lock at wot
    thanks guys