Thread: Jato Help

RC poster

Jato Help

I am currently having problems with my Jato where it will accelerate (normally only for a few seconds) but then stops and normally starts revving high. The clutch and spur gear are both spinning when this happens. I had blown the clutch before and replaced it by taking the spur and slipper clutch off and then removing the clutch bell and then this problem started. Could this be that my slipper clutch needs to be adjusted (put back on wrong maybe?) or could this mean that I have a problem with the trans?

Slipper is loose. Tighten it up.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks for the quick response I will try tightening it up and give it a try.

RC Racer
    You probably stripped out a gear in your transmission... I had my slipper backed out perfect but keep grinding the gears down in the tranny. I personally don't think the gears last regardless. Lets think people, hmmm let's make a bullet proof car that things don't go wrong with so we don't sell any of the thousands of parts we have lined the walls of our distributors shelves with... NOT! They don't make much on these cars, the money is in the parts that are set up to fail so you keep buying new parts. I have given up on stock gearing. On to something bullet proof.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post
    You probably stripped out a gear in your transmission... I had my slipper backed out perfect but keep grinding the gears down in the tranny. I personally don't think the gears last regardless. Lets think people, hmmm let's make a bullet proof car that things don't go wrong with so we don't sell any of the thousands of parts we have lined the walls of our distributors shelves with... NOT! They don't make much on these cars, the money is in the parts that are set up to fail so you keep buying new parts. I have given up on stock gearing. On to something bullet proof.
    I agree it seems that when I floor it the problem happens. But will very little throttle its perfectly fine.. I noticed when trying it today that the slipper clutch part is also spinning so that's fine. I'll have to take it apart tomorrow to see how the gears look if stripped might upgrade to metal gearing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloKing View Post
    I agree it seems that when I floor it the problem happens. But will very little throttle its perfectly fine.. I noticed when trying it today that the slipper clutch part is also spinning so that's fine. I'll have to take it apart tomorrow to see how the gears look if stripped might upgrade to metal gearing.

That sounds like the slipper is too loose, not stripped gears, because if they were stripped it wouldn't move at all, just rev. tighten the slipper in a tiny bit at a time, thats like 1/8th of a turn until it is picking up the front end on the heavy throttle runs.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post
    That sounds like the slipper is too loose, not stripped gears, because if they were stripped it wouldn't move at all, just rev. tighten the slipper in a tiny bit at a time, thats like 1/8th of a turn until it is picking up the front end on the heavy throttle runs.
    Idk if I can go much tighter lol it will wheely just fine but onced I floor it it'll stop accelerating.

RC Enthusiast
    actually, sounds like your second gear may not be working properly. can you hear it shift?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Killaonduty View Post
    actually, sounds like your second gear may not be working properly. can you hear it shift?
    No I don't come to think of it. I'll have to pull apart the trans tomorrow to see what's going on.