RC Enthusiast

Question about Proline Trenchers

I just received a set of trenchers premounted on Desperado wheels for the rear of my Jato and they are freakin huge! Not what I expected at all. I have a set of Dirt Hawgs mounted on same wheels and they are the same size as the stocks so I expected the trenchers to be as well. Ordered from amain and the product page does not list overall sizes for them. I really like the trenchers and want to run them but these ones just make the truck look goofy with the stock tires up front and massive rears. Not to mention how much heavier they feel. Do these tires come in a size closer to stock (~4.1")?

Who has these on their Jato? Do you like the larger size of them? Am I gonna be tearin up driveline parts with them? I have the Traxxas CVDs and rpm arms but everything else is pretty much stock, and I JUST had the tranny apart replacing a stripped 1st gear and don't want to be doing that all the time.

I should mention that I don't want to just put larger ones up front as well. I have a Revo and a couple T-Maxx's for my major offroading, I want this one to stay quick and nimble with stock sized tires AND the ability to handle dirt and grass. I really liked the dirt hawgs but they wore out quite quickly and the trenchers looked to be more durable and aggressive.

Size comparison to my Dirthawgs and anacondas

On the truck

Should I just run them anyway?

RC Qualifier
    That thing looks awesome. Somthing out of mad max. Run that bad boy
    Quote Originally Posted by RCNason View Post
    I just received a set of trenchers premounted on Desperado wheels for the rear of my Jato and they are freakin huge! Not what I expected at all. I have a set of Dirt Hawgs mounted on same wheels and they are the same size as the stocks so I expected the trenchers to be as well. Ordered from amain and the product page does not list overall sizes for them. I really like the trenchers and want to run them but these ones just make the truck look goofy with the stock tires up front and massive rears. Not to mention how much heavier they feel. Do these tires come in a size closer to stock (~4.1")?

Who has these on their Jato? Do you like the larger size of them? Am I gonna be tearin up driveline parts with them? I have the Traxxas CVDs and rpm arms but everything else is pretty much stock, and I JUST had the tranny apart replacing a stripped 1st gear and don't want to be doing that all the time.

I should mention that I don't want to just put larger ones up front as well. I have a Revo and a couple T-Maxx's for my major offroading, I want this one to stay quick and nimble with stock sized tires AND the ability to handle dirt and grass. I really liked the dirt hawgs but they wore out quite quickly and the trenchers looked to be more durable and aggressive.

Size comparison to my Dirthawgs and anacondas

On the truck

Should I just run them anyway?

RC poster
    They seem like too much for the truck. I recommend pro line moabs. They as thin as the anacondas just a little taller. They handle the grass, dirt, gravel really well. Amazing grip, and when mounted right you can still get 50mph+. I recommend going with a 22 tooth or even 20 tooth clutch bell for the larger tire size.