RC Champion

For the engine builders

I am trying to decide the best rout here in my mind it would be better to buy new p/s con rod and boca or avid ceramics and rebuild a motor with that than to spend $100 on a replacement stock motor?

Boca's are way overpriced.... Better off with Avids...

I would not use the ceramics unless you are modding the internals of the motor, you will not gain any advantage on a stock motor using the ceramics,,, but they are almost double the price.. Your choice. I just don't want you to expect anything more out of them.... Just doing the regular Avid Engine bearings are fine... IMHO.

http://www.avidrc.com/product/16/engine-bearings/

Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Boca's are way overpriced.... Better off with Avids...

I would not use the ceramics unless you are modding the internals of the motor, you will not gain any advantage on a stock motor using the ceramics,,, but they are almost double the price.. Your choice. I just don't want you to expect anything more out of them.... Just doing the regular Avid Engine bearings are fine... IMHO.

http://www.avidrc.com/product/16/engine-bearings/

Ok so do u think it's better to buy a new stock motor or use my case and crank and replace P/S and con rod and bearings with avids? It's about the same price ether way

If it's just worn out then rebuild it, if the bearings or con rod detonated replace it.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

Rebuild or replace. If you want the satisfaction of rebuilding the engine and using bearings that may be a little better than stock and hearing it fire right up then then that is the route for you.
    If you want to save a little money then buying new of eBay is the way to go. Then you could practice disassembling and reassembling the old engine.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    ^i have 2 3.3's and 2 2.5's right now so I have taken them apart plenty I think I'm going to build them both so I have a back up

RC Competitor
    Ok im about to replace the piston and sleeve in my 2.5, what brake in if any should be done??

RC Champion
    The traxxas method u have to re break in since your using new p/s