Thread: New chassis?

RC Enthusiast

New chassis?

I am getting a new chassis, whats the best one? I want one that's easy to install and has the driveshaft 100% covered

RC Qualifier
    Dos not exist. (Drive shaft part) They all leave the center drive shaft exposed. And the LCG ones have the slipper out in the open as well.

I'm changing the Traxxas Rally 1/10 chassis as soon as I can get the parts. There not out yet. But will be soon.

RC Champion
    Honestly Im finding less issues with the drive shaft not covered and the and the spur/pinion gears exposed. almost nothing can get stuck in there unless you stick your finger in there while its spinning and if you do that you had it coming. The only issue I have had was a large twig was on the track after a storm and i didnt see it and it found its way into the gears but didnt do any damage. Just started making a clicking noise. Pulled it out and way I went.

RC Qualifier
    For racers the LCG chassis are great.
    For bashers like me they would be a BIG problem.

I often run in lose gravel and sand. And I often get my truck 4-6' in the air as well.

I have talked with a few bashers that tried running LCG chassis and they all said its a waist of time and money for a basher.

RC Champion
    Ive run in loose gravel and sand and have had mine up to about 10' in the air so that isnt a problem. The only perceived issue is the low ground clearance for running in the woods etc.

True they were made for racers and I race and bash. I can run my TRCE chassis in a bashing session with others on a stock chassis and pull off things they cant even think about, particulary high speed turns without body roll and no flipping it.

To my knowledge there are limited opitons for a chassis
    Stock
    STRC conversion where you use a rustler chassis with it
    TRCE LCG carbon fiber
    SSC LCG aluminum
    Slice LCG fiberglass

That pretty much sums up all the choices. ALL the aftermarkets are LCG.

RC Qualifier
    I still think your better of running the the factory LCG chassis from the Rally. But time will tell.
    I will doing this conversion as soon as I can get the parts.