RC poster

Rustler not moving.

So my rustler XL was running and all of a sudden stopped. The wheels turn when I turn the knob, but thats all I get. I figured the brushed motor went out so I replaced it, and still nothing. Any suggestiongs to get it going again? I'm thinking about getting a brushless system, and if this problem i'm having is because the ECS is bad then I'll just go ahead and get it, just need some advice from more experienced owners.

Most likely the ESC but just to make sure you might try unplugging the servo from the receiver and plugging the wire from the ESC into that port of the receiver. Then power up the system and see if turning the steering knob on the radio powers up the motor. If it does then the receiver is the issue if it does not then you can be pretty sure the ESC is dead.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    Ok. Sounds good. If that doesn't work guess i'll be getting the brushless system. Thanks, I'll try that out.

Before you buy anything, try resetting the esc. My Slash XL-5 had the same problem. It had steering, but it wouldn't move. But after I reset the esc, it worked again. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Alright, so I switched the plugs and I get movement fwd and rvs when I turn the steering. Whats that mean? How do I reset the ESC? I feel like such a noob...maybe cuz I am! Thanks for your help.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Before you buy anything, try resetting the esc. My Slash XL-5 had the same problem. It had steering, but it wouldn't move. But after I reset the esc, it worked again. Hope this helps!
    That did it. Thanks you guys. Big help!

Ok, you fixed it! Good job! Glad I could help!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    if you decide to go brushless get a hobbywing 70amp esc (only 48 bucks) and a tacon motor (less than 36 bucks). pretty cheap and fast.