RC Racer

need help, Sway bar install for stampede 4x4

Started receiving mods for my stampede today. Was starting to install sway bars. I found this pic, pictured below, but I can't figure out how you would install sway bar end links to control arm and keep the shock guards as it appears it won't fit, being as sway bar end link has short screws and shock shaft guards have long screws and a spacer where they attach to control arms. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Here is the pic I was talking about, apparently this guy figured it out. Could my problem be that I have the rpm arms instead of stock ones?
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Competitor
    You need to remove the spacers and use the ball link ends in their place.
    Slash MT
    MMP 2400
    Proline

RC Racer
    Thats kind of what I thought the the ball links are narrower that spacer. The ball link has a screw in it so I would not be able to feed mounting screw threw it, do you just remove the short bol thats pressed into ball link end?

Thanks alot for the info BTW
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

Maybe this thread helps.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    Thanks for the replies guys. Got both front and back to work. Just removed the the end of the link with the threaded bolt on it and installed some extra straight through ball metal pieces from left over links and used stock stampede screws, fits like a charm.

Would be nice if Traxxas included instructions or at least correct hardware in link. I had to guess where the two front screws that hold center of front sway bar down went, not sure if they are in right spot, but sway bars work like a charm and operate like sway bars should.
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Na, they figure that we are smart enough to buy TRX, so we can figure it out ourselves lol, as you did!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    Its been a while since I had done mine. I completely forgot about having to change the ends out.
    Slash MT
    MMP 2400
    Proline