Thread: kids new boat

Hybrid View

RC Racer

kids new boat

My Dad bought my Son a Blast for his birthday, got it all ready to run tonight, he was just a little excited, haha, first R/C boat, lots to learn I'm sure.

He had to pull out his digger and see how they looked together

Ready to test her out tomorrow, I bought a 5000 mah battery for it and a xl-5 ecs so it will do reverse.

I had to adjust the steering because there was no way I could center it with the trim, while I was doing this he decided to turn his truck on and I quickly found out that they are both on the same channel

I'm not much of a R/C guy, just getting into it for my Son because he likes it so much, how do I change the channel on one of them, I'm sure there will be times his sister and him will each be driving one at the lake and it would be nice if they weren't on the same channel, I might just upgrade the truck to a 2.4 if I have to, not sure yet.

Thanks

Someone looks happy!

As for the frequency, take a look at the transmitter. Do you see the colored rectangle on the back towards the bottom? And then look at the receiver in the boat (or the truck). Do you see a matching colored 'chip.' Those are called crystals. You will need to change the crystals in one of the vehicles in order to drive both of them at the same time. Any well stocked hobby shop should carry the crystals you need; simply get a different color and install them.

Happy boating,

-cooleo
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    Thank you, they are both red, guess I'll need to change one of them then, tried her out this morning, he did pretty good for the first time but I wish I had the xl-5 ecs in there already so it had reverse, you'll see why at the end of the video, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4lQ2...ature=youtu.be

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CHKMATE ELUDER View Post
    Thank you, they are both red, guess I'll need to change one of them then, tried her out this morning, he did pretty good for the first time but I wish I had the xl-5 ecs in there already so it had reverse, you'll see why at the end of the video, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4lQ2...ature=youtu.be
    Very nice , How did you get it out of there at the end of your video ?
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rhardy60 View Post
    Very nice , How did you get it out of there at the end of your video ?
    Thanks, Sorry for the delayed response, haven't checked in for a while, I went and walked in to grab it out of the reeds, it has reverse now so I shouldn't run into anymore problems.

Yes, reverse can be very helpful in such situations! You'll just want to make sure that he doesn't run it in reverse at full throttle or for extended periods of time because he could swamp the boat. Most marine ESCs only allow for 25% power in reverse to mitigate swamping issues.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    I wish i had r/c's like that when i was 4yo
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    I wish i had r/c's like that when i was 4yo
    so do I