Thread: My custom NPede

RC Champion

My custom NPede

I started with a stock Npede and turned it into this monster in the pics. I'm not quite done yet, I'm still waiting for some tire foams so I can glue the tires

Here's the upgrades:
    A Trx 2.5 engine w/ pullstart
    Jato side pipe
    Jato wheelie bar
    STRC aluminum shocktower
    STRC aluminum front bulkhead
    STRC aluminum front skid
    Stampede 4x4 proline protrac kit minus the shocktowers
    Integy 17mm hexes with 12mm offset
    OFNa 1700 MAH humpback with a fancy Traxxas switch
    3.2 Rpm revolvers with chevron tires
    Dubro fuel filter
    Proline ford raptor body

With the protrac kit and 12mm offset hexes it sits wider than my classic tmaxx

I had to convert the front end to electric to run the 17mm hexes all around
    The rear stock shock tower wouldent line up properly with the new body
    so with a bit of drilling and sanding i now am running a tmaxx rear shock tower

I had a new tqi that I tried to install but the plastic that holds the rx is not the same shape
    Does anyone know any good ways to waterproof this thing, the servos and rx are pretty exposed
    Last edited by Kyleb; 10-12-2012 at 01:02 PM.

I put a 2075 servo, you can put one for the throttle and steering, when i used it for steering man did it make a difference on steering compared to a 2055 i had one well have on now since i am selling mine. about the waterproofing the rx. get ahold of a piece of alum or something and measure from the sides of the mounting screws for the hold down of the stock rx holder and cut it to fit then use a E-Pede rx box this will waterproof it. i mounted the rx pack on the front to weigh the front down a little more and less weight on the back for saging purposes and wheelies as well. you may want to look into the slash 2wd front bumper works great i can slide up the curbs with mine and since you have bigger wheels now it would be great.
    Are you using stock rear axles? mine didnt hold up so great with the 2.5 so i changed them out for slash vxl 2wd's and are holding up great, alot better than stock nitro's. tie rods, toe links, turnbuckles you can use vxl i think i used some stock nitro's but my turnbuckles are t-maxx's cut to fit and are working great. I was going to get the Revo 3.3 air filter assembly to added air flow which in turn would be better on the pede. i see you used Jato front a arms nice how is the steering with those?
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Ok I might have to try that with the rx. Yea I'm using the stock axles but I'd these break I'll grab some steel CVD's. I'm using the proline protrac kit it came with turnbuckles and steering rods
    The steering is good, these tires are a lot bigger and give it a lot more higher ride hight

ooh yeah those are bigger for sure, steel cvd's would be good but pricey arent they? slash axles are like 10 for it i paid 5 for mine in a parts lot i figured. i learned that mod for the rx box from powerman in the rustler nitro forum.

RC Champion
    That's a good idea but I don't have any aluminum. I think good steel CVD's are around $60. I get the slash ones but i plan on putting the 3.3 in and I don't think they would stand up

some have used pede 4x4 axles but not sure how they work on there that was the nitro rustler that put those on. Even a piece of plastic would work long and wide enoughtfor the box to mount on is all you really need. 60 for steel cvd's is pricey. brushless power is harder on the axles than nitro is as brushless power is right there off the throttle pretty much all the way through it unlike nitro engines even the 3.3. you got your self a nice project there wish i could have built mine better.

RC Champion
    I'm not sure man, I do have stampede 4x4 axles and theree just as small as my old tmaxx axles. The only difference I can tell between the nitro and electric axles are that the nitro's ends are white instead of black

humm they seem more durable to me, i have had a axle break since i've put them on and i have hit full throttle alot of times since i put the wheelie bar on and i havent seen any sign of loose yokes in there.

Man, very nice looking N.Pede you have there!

Keep up the great work...
    "We know who you are"

RC Champion
    Thanks he123321

Just thought I'd share a few changes with you fellow pede lovers. Before I take it out for some snow runs
    Put a Trx 3.3 in it
    Waterproofed the rx with 2 balloons
    1 2075 servo.
    The tgrottle servo is a 2055 waterproofed with parts from a 2075

you need a front bumper on there!!! have you thought about using a electric pede rx box to put a 2.4 Rx in there? I do think you need a mounting plate though just like a piece of alum works.
    Very nice pede

RC Champion
    Yea I think this STrc rear skid will cut up nice to use as a mounting plate!
    And I have a tmaxx battery box that I can screw to it and RTV shut but I'm lazy and won't get around to that for a while

Made a pretty rookie mistake yesterday when I was in a hurry too put it together, when switching the CB and clutch from the 2.5 to the 3.3 I forgot to shim the CB which made me strip a spur. AND my slipper was too loosens melted

wow that is bad right there on the spur.... I've went with it loose before but it wouldnt grab only and when it didnt move i stopped and looked and seen it loose on the slipper.

that is a nice rear skid plate you have there if it fits across where the rx holder goes on you can mount it there but you mention the tmaxx battery box i'm not familiar with it. I always intended to get the front skid like that in a black if i ever found it but only found a silver.

RC Champion
    Took her out for a bash. Broke it twice from jumping. First time was just a steering rod. Upgraded to the pro.15 tmaxx turnbuckles. Good fit. The
    Proline protrac ones are junk. Second pic is of my second bad landing.

I put in a trx2.5 works just as well as the 3.3. Also put on a e-pede rpm front bumper. It got really wet and nothing fried.. Surprisingly no one wants to trade for this

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyleb View Post
    I started with a stock Npede and turned it into this monster in the pics. I'm not quite done yet, I'm still waiting for some tire foams so I can glue the tires

Here's the upgrades:
    A Trx 2.5 engine w/ pullstart
    Jato side pipe
    Jato wheelie bar
    STRC aluminum shocktower
    STRC aluminum front bulkhead
    STRC aluminum front skid
    Stampede 4x4 proline protrac kit minus the shocktowers
    Integy 17mm hexes with 12mm offset
    OFNa 1700 MAH humpback with a fancy Traxxas switch
    3.2 Rpm revolvers with chevron tires
    Dubro fuel filter
    Proline ford raptor body

With the protrac kit and 12mm offset hexes it sits wider than my classic tmaxx

I had to convert the front end to electric to run the 17mm hexes all around
    The rear stock shock tower wouldent line up properly with the new body
    so with a bit of drilling and sanding i now am running a tmaxx rear shock tower

I had a new tqi that I tried to install but the plastic that holds the rx is not the same shape
    Does anyone know any good ways to waterproof this thing, the servos and rx are pretty exposed
    Hey man awesome truck!

I know the post is kinda old, but i was wondering if you would mind posting the part numbers so i could get this suspension set up on my Npede? I love how yours stands and would love to make mine sit like yours but im not sure exactly what parts to purchase without number.

If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    meh, it's not for me
    complete n00blet