RC Racer

Sandine Motorsports Stampede 4x4 build

I know it looks plain jane right now, but fairly soon it will look wildly different from any other stampede on the forum (at least I think so)

If the tires looks small, they are smaller diameter than stock and narrower, but the lateral grip is amazing, handles like a road car, and it wheelies much less. . (don't worry, I still have several sets of full size tires for off-roading) Current mods besides cosmetics are big bore shocks, metal moto mount/heat sink) MMP and 1415 motor (debating switching to mamba monster) MIP CVD"S 11109 and 11110. And don't fret you probably wont recognize it in 2 weeks or so.

Thought I would post this as I am doing somw things different that I believe no one has done before, and should have a killer r/c by the time its done

I welcome all comments positive or negative, and if anyone has any ideas of how to improve I would greatly appreciate it. Right now vehicle is being setup for chassis cover and cooling fans and a slew of other parts and I will post more pics showing various stages of upgrades if thats alright with the majority of posters (51%) These pics are just baseline while I am waiting to install parts that are in the mail

Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Enthusiast
    I have those G-Lock tires for on road use and they wheely pretty darn well for me! I've gotten the truck stuck in tall grass though. I was hoping they wouldn't balloon as much and they do OK but they still get pretty tall at 50-60 mph. Curious to see what your plans are.

If you want try diff carrier support in the rear diff traxxas part 5382x it will stop your diff cups from warping under hard bashing or powerful motor combos. i had trouble with mine until i installed carrier support
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Thanks for the input, keep it coming please. I will install 5382s soon. I have the g-locs just for road use, I usually bring off road tires with me if I want to go in grass, loose terrain or off road.

Also looking for recommendations for Mamba Monster, 2200kV or 2650kV, or while I not see much improvent over Castle 1415 series on 4S.

From what I read the Monster will fit with slight chassis modifications, which I already had to do for the 1415, but I don't really wanna risk chance over motor rubbing the driveshaft and I don't want to open up bottom of chassis, I want bottom of chassis to be fluch with no chance of electronics exposed underneath vehicle being exposed to rocks, debri ect.
    Last edited by Sandine Motorsports; 10-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

I've been running the G Locs almost as long has I have owned my Stampede....

They do handle very well but no way you can compare how a Pede 4s4 handles to an on road car they are just in a different league
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Where I live roads are dusty and sandy with small gravel Even though thewy are paved, they never get cleaned, on road cars I have driven almost always want to over steer a bit through a 90 turn or have a decent amount of nuetral steer where the stampede just stays planted, of course the road cars have a much sharper turn in and more responsive steering. I suppose a lot of that also has to do with how I modulate the throttle though
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

There is just no comparing on road cars to a truck like the Pede 4x4 no matter how you set it up they are just too vastly different. It is not even comparing apples to oranges it is comparing apples to frog legs....they are in that much of a different league. I know some parking lots around here where the pavement is so messed up the Pede would have a distinct advantage LOL
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    I wasn't really trying to compare or start debate, just stating how amazing the stampede corners on my crappy roads and even decent ones.

I race and build real road course cars so I know a truck with wide sticky tires isn't in the same ballpark as a purpose built car, I was just amazed at how well and fast the pede cornered without issue. (please don't take this the wrong way as I have n0 ill will toward you and greatly appreciate your input) but can we get back to what the thread is going to be about so anyone thats interested in my build doesn't have to sift through non-related stuff or just give up following it all together.
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

Fair enough I am anxious to see what you have planned that is going to be "wildly different than any other Stampede on the forum"
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Ok, maybe it will be mildly different except for fresh air circulation cooling system
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Qualifier
    nice pede i run the same tires on a sl4sh . i love them

RC poster
    I would suggest dying the chassis black while you are in the beginning stages

RC Racer
    Dye and turkey pan big enough to fit chassis in are being ordered on wednesday!
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    nice pede i run the same tires on a sl4sh . i love them

Nice car. Your left front tire is mounted the wrong direction.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    so is the right rear thanks man i really never notice till you said it

I doubt that you would notice a lot of it, but it just looks funny. Happened to me too a few times.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    Ordered? Grocery store has both for like $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandine Motorsports View Post
    Dye and turkey pan big enough to fit chassis in are being ordered on wednesday!

RC Racer
    Due to physical limitations its very difficult for me to travel, no grocery store in my town of 500, and closest grocery story store that would carry that is like 25 miles away
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Racer
    Project put on hold until winter, I will finish and continue thread as build continues, but just bought a super duty so have to wait a couple months before I dump a bunch of money on this. My cooling attempt with jconcepts cover should be done next week though
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally