RC Competitor

Pic of bottom of chassis

Those hoping to change the chassis on there slash 4x4 are going to be disappointed.I like the covered driveshaft.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by R77Jones View Post
    Those hoping to change the chassis on there slash 4x4 are going to be disappointed.
    why ?

7477 - gear cover
    7460 - motor mount
    7490 - motor plate
    7426 - battery hold down
    7422 - chassis
    7423 - nerf bars
    7430 - front bulkhead
    7438 - steering linkage
    7429 - rear bulkhead

RC Champion
    im kinda thinkin if i chop the chassy to make it shorter. maybe my rustypede 4x4 could be lower yet. hummmmm. it would be alot of work. but i got time.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    That thing is sweet. I want one. I like the new chassis. I might just wait untill traxxas releases a Slash 4x4 with the new chassis though.

RC Champion
    Me likey!!! I really want one and I think I have my wife convinced. I see ProTrac written all over it. I wonder why the don't put the P4de shock guards on all the 1/10 4x4's? I know the body covers everything, but as a cool factor it would be neat. Anyone know if the sway bars will bolt right up?
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very nice! Conversion can be done anyways!

RC Competitor
    By the time you buy all that you should just buy the rally and sale what you don't want.lol.I was just saying the poeple that where hoping to buy just the chassis and motor mount that it's not going to work.I'm sure the chop-shops on flebay will sale everything you will need.And I'm sure Traxxas will release a LCG slash 4x4.I don't see way they wouldn't.I will be keeping the old chassis on my shash 4x4,because I like the high ground clearance.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes, you meant like a direct fit, we understood.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I'm looking at the chassis & wonder when upgrades for the Motor mount and such will come out. It doesnt look like the King headz, STRC, etc wont fit there.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    your right digger it a totally new motor mount i think this is going to make a really cool racing slash ,with all factory parts
    the sway bars bolt right up to i went through the parts list to order stuff for the hobby store , one part no one is listing for the conversion is 6845x its the new servo arm it has a weird bend in it
    Last edited by 4sdash; 10-12-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    your right digger it a totally new motor mount i think this is going to make a really cool racing slash ,with all factory parts
    the sway bars bolt right up to i went through the parts list to order stuff for the hobby store , one part no one is listing for the conversion is 6845x its the new servo arm it has a weird bend in it
    Good find! I noticed that to. Really cheap part though. I'm so anxious for mine to ship and be at my door. Wish they could do online HS like the do movies at Amazon. They are delivered to my door the day they come out.

Once I get my 1/10 Rally 4WD in i'm going to look it all over and compare with my own eyes the difference between the 2.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Those two holes on the front bulkhead should be closed! They are a dirt magnet!

RC Competitor
    Well it would be easier to change the Rally to a LCG Slash 4wd then the other way around. Since I have a Slash 2wd, getting the Rally and converting it will be the way I'm gonna go....yeah!
    Tailrotors are for weenies!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Those two holes on the front bulkhead should be closed! They are a dirt magnet!
    After my first run on the street, I had a chassis full of gravel. I didn't notice anything in those two holes but I see what you mean.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    After my first run on the street, I had a chassis full of gravel. I didn't notice anything in those two holes but I see what you mean.
    I have a spare Outerwears Shroud from my Sl4sh. Wonder if it would fit or at least good enough. Only thing is you'd love the color. LOLOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Chassis looks great to me. I can see it being used as many different types of vehicle. I wonder if Traxxas will use this chassis like they've used to 1/16 chassis and bring out different vehicles on the same chassis. SC truck, maybe a stadium truck??
    Last edited by eemmaaxxxx; 10-23-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.