RC Qualifier

Anybody put a summit body on your revo?

I am thinking about putting a rummit body on my revo-e, I know i doon to make new body post holes and get new body mounts. But has anybody done it before? And dose any body have any pics of a Summit body on a Revo?

RC Enthusiast
    check out the rocks project on traxxas.you can get the summit clear body for $20 off ebay,and the cage for $15

RC Qualifier
    Thats not an issue i just wanted to see how well the summit body fits the revo.

RC Qualifier
    Revo 3.3?

The body posts on a Summit are 1/2"-ish farther apart length wise. Since the posts run through the exo cage on the summit body that may make things a little tricky to line up.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    ...ok more like 7/16 farther apart. You would also have to make some bumper spacers because the Summit body is longer.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah the 3.3, I thought the chassis sizes where the same.

RC Qualifier

Here's a pic of my summit (5607) vs my revo (5309). I bought my revo new in 06 so it's not the newest of new but TRAXXAS shows the same part number for the new tqi model on their site as I have in my old parts book for my 06.

I run revo body posts on my summit and revo. The revo measures about15-3/16" post to post and the summit 15-5/8" respectively.

If you really want to do it a quick glance tells me you might be able to mount a summit body post to the revo posts (with a little dremel work) towards the back. Run a couple screws through the holes that are already there and wah-lah. Here's a pic to better explain. What I'm rambling about.

This would give you a .395 offset wich would be darn close. Close enough you could probably flex the mounts enough or just shim it a bit more by putting a couple washers in between the 2 posts where you screw them together.

Then you'd have to lengthen your EZ start leads if you run one and relocate it.

I think it can be done with a little work. But that's what the hobby's all about right

RC Qualifier
    If no one else chimes in that has done it and you're not in a big hurry I can try mocking it up to see if it will for sure work and what it would look like. I am real busy though this weekend maybe tues or wed of next week I can give it a closer look.

I have all the parts on hand and it'd save you a few bucks.

RC Qualifier
    You dont have too, I dont think i'm going to put the Summit body on my Revo-E. I thought they where the same size trucks. I will be putting Summit LED bumpers on my Revo-E though.

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Yeah summit bumpers make the truck look good. At first I thought the lights were kinda tacky but they're actually nice to have for runnin in the evening hours.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    them lights are so bright that i can run it full speed and know where my straightline is LOL.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT1992 View Post
    I am thinking about putting a rummit body on my revo-e, I know i doon to make new body post holes and get new body mounts. But has anybody done it before? And dose any body have any pics of a Summit body on a Revo?
    Yep im doing that atm.... my e-revo body looks old and scratched!!! so i decided to change the looks also... Brought a Summit Body on ebay for 45$USD and now gotta wait for the long body post and bumpers to make the summit body sit
    securely...

everything fits in fine perfectly if u are using an e-revo chassis.... Just make sure to purchase the long body post and either Revo3.3 or summit bumper attachements so u dont have to wait like me..
    Last edited by Double G; 10-20-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: language

RC Racer
    Warned to not use symbols..........