RC Racer

New servo needed

After finally getting my truck put back together with the mmp2400,among a whole list of upgrades I drive for 5 min and side swipe a curb and lose my servo. Any recommendation for replacement will be helpfull. Thanks guys
    Drive it.Break it.ebuild it.

RC Racer
    Hitec 7855tg way overkill but works great. Cuts my goto replacement fir stock in all my rcs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    7955tg sorry misstype

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    I played the servo game already. Started with the stock, still works just not pleased with its speed or torque.
    Tryed Savox 1258TG that seems to get good raves and has a more appealing price tag. Makes a continous loud whining noise and wont center for that last little bit. If I poke it with a finger to center it the whining stops.

Tryed a Futaba S9351. Also a raved over servo in a higher price class than the Savox. Better but still not pleased. Plenty of torque centered most of the time but was a bit sluggish on response and speed.

Found home with a Hi-Tech HS-7940th
    Centers perfectly every time, FAST 0.07 sec. Torque is appropriate for this class 181-222 oz/in, actaully a bit over and it looks good!

Ive heard a lot about the 7955tg and yes its quite a bit of overkill at 250-333 oz/in of torque. My issue with it is its slower than others. At 0.19 sec, the 7940 is nearly 3 times faster.

There is a price tag difference too, the 7940 retails about $40 more.

What is all comes down to is performance wishes/ budget. You can usually find excellent condition/ often like new posted in various RC forums B&S. This is generally how I buy the bulk of my stuff. Only traxxas parts or kits with other parts in them are allowed to be posted here.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys for the help. On the bright side I had 2 slash4x4 a couple years ago, as stated in another post got back in to rc with the purchase of this truck. This by far the funniest I've had driving a rc, even if it was only 5 min lol. The ten-t shocks with 60wt oil and green springs in rear purple in front and stiff sway bars handle amazing.cant wait for my new servo. Going to put it off for a lil though, so I can get my boy son UVA digger for his 4th bday, and grave digger for my self lol.
    Drive it.Break it.ebuild it.

The rebuild kit for the stock servo is only $4.00! It is well worth it to rebuild it. I always keep one for just an emergency
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I put a Savox SC-0252 in my son's Slash after he tore up 2 stockers and it's held up really well!!! I also have a Savox 1256 in a rc10t3 and a tt sparrowhawk and they have been golden....tried a hitech (can't remember the model #) in the tt 1st, said it was metal gear'd, but it had 1 plastic gear.....rebuilt it once and the same plastic gear strip'd out again.....just my 2 cents
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally