RC Competitor

Stampede 4x4 Short Course Build

I am still new to rc and was wondering about suspension set ups and upgrades for short course/jumping set ups. Things like good upgrades and recommend springs and such. Also I was wondering how people were getting the body mounts to be in the center of the chassis instead of way out on the edge where they bend? And i have noticed like a bag instead of the j concept solid tray, what is that? And how do you dye the chassis body black...the plastic piece that holds teh motor and esc and servo etc.? The courses are all dirt and some have jumps others do not and i do jump it randomly in general i don't do rock crawling about the only climbing i do is up stuff for jumps. Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated. I am also in college so as of right now I'm on a budget so cheaper the better but if there is an upgrade that is expensive but no way around it with a cheaper one then let me know and i will definately get it when i can. Thank you
    Last edited by ITh4n4tosI; 10-11-2012 at 02:20 AM.

RC Racer
    IMO if you get a decent body mounts hold up much better. I would be warry of putting back over electronics, thats just making everything underneath a big heat sink. I have traxxas big bore shocks and have taking many short course jumps with easy. You could also go with something similiar to my street tires, a bit more narrow and a decent amount short, tons more grip and for some reason doesn't wheel nearly as much.

I like the idea of a bag to keep electronics clean but as a former eletronic technician and field engineer you can take me word trapping heat in there like an over is most likely worst that the dust. I am debating making a plate that covers everything in there, with one pull through fan on one and and a draw through fan on the other end (or whatever is most benificial, can try monitoring temps with a thermocoupler) and have a filter on the draw through to prevent dust and junk from entering and get a nice somewhat cool air flow flowing through there which is constantly drew through and blown out to provide recirculating air
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Competitor
    the bag i had seen wasn't like a solid bag...i know it would keep heat no matter what but it was more just like a pre-filter like what you would see on a small engines air filter like polaris or something. That way air flow was still there to help keep it cool.

RC Qualifier
    It's sold by outerwears .... It's a waterproof shroud that use velcro to attach ... still very breathable .. great investment to keep things nice and waterproof

http://www.outerwears.com/products.asp?cat=12858