RC Enthusiast

Lightbulb ?suggestions? Nitro revo crawler 1/1 *the plan*

I have a #5309 it has the 19mm ext. control arms,water proof servos,imex k-rock tires,long travel arms,14t/40t gear set up.started the truck then the 3.3 shot craps!thinking of going with a big block any sugestions?i've looked at the lrp .30,o.s.21,and some cheap ones on line.just keep thinking of the ez of just going back with the 3.3.

RC poster
    Nitros arent really good for crawling. You'll be burning through lots of clutch shoes.

He's right. Nitro needs to have air going through the fins to keep cool. In addition, given the low speed of crawling the nitro engine is just not suitable for that application. Best to go with a brushed motor or low kv brushless.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I watched the revo rock crawler project on the video section (it was a nitro revo3.3)and thought it would be cool, but what your are saying makes a good point.but it looks awsome in the video.do you think the imex k-rock tires are too much for the 3.3 revo?well i've got another plan,i'll put some roadrage tires on it lowwer it down and look out asphault!!just would like to get some use out of the k-rock tires i bought.maybe some trail riding with some rock,hill climbing?

RC Racer
    I've just lower my revo and slapped on a set of road rages with a Lrp Spec 3 big block. It's great. So much fun.

RC Champion
    why not make it a trail breaker!?!? you got the tires and it comes with rockers and springs already....may as well have fun and see what it will do

RC Enthusiast
    I'm gonna go ahead with my rock crawling plans,and just see what happens.but i'm gonna get some roadrage tires just to see how well they handle.later i will put the set-up specs i will be using.and i am open too all advice to make my revo bad

**Please watch the language, when you see ** replacing words, edit them out.**
    Last edited by Double G; 09-13-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: language

RC Enthusiast

Revo 3.3 rock buster

http//you.be/nb5szjbgjpq

AND HERE IT IS THE ROCK BUSTER!!!

**Please watch the language, when you see ** replacing words, edit them out.**[/QUOTE]

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    why not make it a trail breaker!?!? you got the tires and it comes with rockers and springs already....may as well have fun and see what it will do
    I don't really have a place to rock crawl around my place, but I had asphalt, so I made a road hugging machine, and I really love it. I've though about making a crawler, I thought it would be fun. I think the Lrp 28 is plenty of power, I think the 30 might be to much power and you might have clutch/drivetrain problems. I run my Revo with the 28 as hard as it will go with no problems. Also, I've heard of people rigging up computer fans for the cooling issues. Good luck on the build.