RC Qualifier

big redfish picture

just wanted to share my fish picture from 10/06/12 it was estmated at around 48 inches i caught a 6 foot tarpon 2 days earlier
    how many rc trucks does one person need lol

6' tarpon....how long did it take to get that one in??
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    6' tarpon....how long did it take to get that one in??

it took me and my wife working together a total of 2 and ahalf hours and 2 and ahalf miles to land him what a blast she had to do all the deck stuff and run trolling motor to stay with fish till he tired out. so both got a workout she was also trying to snap pics incase the line broke

Now that's a fish!!!!

Nice job!!!
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Now that's a fish!!!!

Nice job!!!
    thanks i'm very proud of both the tarpon was thursday 10/04/12 and the redfish was saturday 10/06/12 cant wait to get back over and do some more fishing its going to be hard to top those 2. i was the bomb at the fishcamp for a few days

RC Competitor
    Sweet fish. Where abouts in Florida are you? My uncle took me out deep-sea fishing for the first time this summer. We ended up about 40 miles off the coast of Stuart. Caught some small blackfin tuna(which hes never seen that late into the season before) and lost a sailfish. Can't wait to go back.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Qualifier
    oh they were both caught in the intercoastal river in oakhill fl (indian mound fish camp) fishing with sailors choice filets doubled over on a hook meat on the inside skin on the outside i also caught a 24 inch gag grouper in the same area

RC Competitor
    Very nice. I need to move closer to the ocean so I can do some real fishing. We don't really have anything special here, just channel cats, stripers, the usuals. Gets boring after awhile, lol.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Qualifier
    in the summer i bass fish but starting in october we take our boat and camper to the coast to fish salt water. last year i was in a 14 foot kayak redfishing in mosquito lagoon this year we have a 19 ft carolina skiff. its too hot in the summer to go fishing over there i still use my kayak for bass fishing in the cold spring water of the wekiva river when it hot

That's it,,, you had me go update my fishing licenses and my boys... Worked on the tackle getting it in shape....

Tonight!!!! Snook, Tarpon, Grouper beware!!!!!

But,,,, gotta catch up on the rules of what we can keep.... Boy have they changed drastically!!!!

Best times of my life were spent with my Dad and a fishing pole in my hands....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Wish I lived in Florida!

But,,,, gotta catch up on the rules of what we can keep.... Boy have they changed drastically!!!!
    Hmm, I think its one fish only 40"+

just kidding, but seriously, our main fish up here is the Fluke. Back when I was young you could keep I think 7 fish of at least 16". Now its 1 fish over 21.5", I think.

RC Qualifier
    That's it,,, you had me go update my fishing licenses and my boys... Worked on the tackle getting it in shape....

Tonight!!!! Snook, Tarpon, Grouper beware!!!!!

Best times of my life were spent with my Dad and a fishing pole in my hands....
    been off the grid fishing for awhile after the big tarpon, the grouper and the nice red fish in the picture i caught a nice 39 inch red i did finally catch a 23 inch keeper and my wife caught 2 keepers a 19.5 and a 24.25 inch their in the freezer chillin now hope you and the boys have good luck too! we are heading back to oakhill in the morning to fish untill tuesday before halloween i have a big grouper in my sights he keeps breaking my line he also snapped a steel leader on me i'm working on trying to get him to the boat if i do there will be some pics for sure

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    Wish I lived in Florida!

Hmm, I think its one fish only 40"+

just kidding, but seriously, our main fish up here is the Fluke. Back when I was young you could keep I think 7 fish of at least 16". Now its 1 fish over 21.5", I think.
    Yeah. It was only 7 or 8 years ago that you could keep a 16" Flounder and I don't even know what the limit was because it was HIGH! Now it's up to 21" I think... and the limit is 2 I think.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    My brother-in-law used to live in Bradenton, FL, and I loved to visit him. We went fishing all over every day. A few trips ago we were on a boat that we rented in the Sarasota bay and I caught a 35" redfish on my smallmouth setup with 6 lb. Test. A storm came up soon after I hooked into it and I fought it for around forty minutes on a bucking boat with rain pouring down. It was so awesome! Got him next to the boat and got the hook out and let him swim away. Last time down I caught two four foot sharks and some nice speckled trout. Too bad the construction buisness dried up and he moved back to PA. I miss my vacation home.....nice fish, man!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    If I may quote "Bad Boys".....

....This is a nice fish, ya know....BIG freckin' eyes....but a nice freckin' fish!

Florida is nice to visit...awesome fish you got there! I had a nice 18.5 ft center console, but was too chicken to take it anywhere but the lakes. I may go on a charter boat fishing one day...maybe...
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    Very nice haul indeed!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Florida is nice to visit...awesome fish you got there! I had a nice 18.5 ft center console, but was too chicken to take it anywhere but the lakes. I may go on a charter boat fishing one day...maybe...
    Thanks guys i am very proud of that red it was huge
    All my big fish were caught in the intercoastal river at oakhill they look like something from the ocean i sure hope to catch several more just like it