Who read the rules of forum?

Well was thinking while my CPU was rebooting what to start or do and came up with this.

Who read the rules when first signing up for the forum here?
    Who still goes over and rereads them every so often?

this thread is not to start saying who doesnt follow, break, bend, or what not the rules just who read them and still reads them ok so please no comments about who breaks them. thank you

I'll start i did read them when i joined and admit it took me like 6months to look at them again from that time and now every month or 2 i go over and relook at them to see if any changed have occurred there so i can be updated in my mind what not to do.

Mods if this is not allowe please take down if you feel this could start anything dont mind at all just thought i would post something up to talk about.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

I go on and look every 2 weeks or so
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    I go on and look every 2 weeks or so
    Thats more than I do maybe i should increase my reading up more.

Lolol I usually just look because I like these forums and when I waiting for replies I take a look or when waiting for new threads
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

If I know that something I am about to do may be controversial, I will look at them. Or if someone posts a rule change or gripe about it. Other than that, after experiencing a slap or penalty by a mod, you think before you post. The bottom line is, as you gain experience, you understand that the reason the forum is here, is to
    (1) help the new guy solve problems.
    (2) Show the world what you can do with these products.
    (3) Promote Traxxas

In that order.

I have no problem with the rules of the forum. I think that this may be the only rc forum I visit that has no on screen pop up ads? How cool is that? Real cool...
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    If I know that something I am about to do may be controversial, I will look at them. Or if someone posts a rule change or gripe about it. Other than that, after experiencing a slap or penalty by a mod, you think before you post. The bottom line is, as you gain experience, you understand that the reason the forum is here, is to
    (1) help the new guy solve problems.
    (2) Show the world what you can do with these products.
    (3) Promote Traxxas

In that order.

I have no problem with the rules of the forum. I think that this may be the only rc forum I visit that has no on screen pop up ads? How cool is that? Real cool...
    I like the forum here too and man you do have a VERY good point about the ad's i was looking at a few other forums and man i cant stand it being on the sides and all, slows the forum down to me.

RC Qualifier
    Ha! I don't think I have for a while. I do not promote any company unless they are the proper one for the person in question.

I don't agree with some of the things the rules say, I keep being yelled at for helping people with non traxxas stuff in their traxxas rigs. If someone needs help I'm gonna do my best.

Besides I have a infraction or two for my attempts.

RC Champion
    I read it whenever I get an infraction... which is quite often. I'm just a rule breaking kind of guy and don't take the mods too seriously. I usually keep it clean for the younger kids that are on the forums, but when I get busted for complaining about the rules, I don't worry about it. That's why I'll likely be banned before too long lol... if you see TraxxasTuesdays dissapear from the fourms, you will know what happened. Mods... I'm not complaining about the rules, just sharing my experiences.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

Wow,
    So basically you sign up to agree to the rules and to abide by them, yet don't take time to read them?

Here's a few links to help make it easier... Personally I think you have more to gain by abiding by the rules than by carelessly ignoring them and not reading them.... But it's your decision... Just be careful when you go applying for a car loan or a credit card... Better read those terms before you sign,,, bigtime...

Traxxas Behavior (Rules) http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...or-%28Rules%29

Traxxas Warning system (Points breakdown) too many will get you banned... http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...Warning-System

The rules aren't that hard.... Don't curse, be helpful and not rude. Don't post non Traxxas stuff, Don't advertise...

There are others and they are there for you to read.

My idea of this forum is that this place is a Traxxas RC online community to help each other and show off our skills with Traxxas RC's....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Tell me about nitronaught I know about car loans have gotton into like 4 so far and i take like 30 mins to reads and ask what this and that is lol they don't like it but i am in charge at that time if not I say ill go else where. The rules here are cool in my book not hard to find when needed except helping someone with a aftermarket help question those have to be found in the tmaxx forum or the like its not on the home page here which should be to find it easier like in the charger forum battery forum there are alot of people asking for help there with non traxxas support. I posted a few times helping when i shouldnt have. Other forums are more relax on rules but you get ads a lot which I dont like. Rules help keep peace and order

RC Champion
    I have not read the rules since I joined some time ago. I understand why they are there eventhough I don't agree with all of them. Reading the forum rules is completely different than getting a loan of any sort. The ads on the other forums don't bother me as one forum in particular seems to be much faster than here quite often. Sometimes some of the rules are more advantageous than helpful. But thats just my .02cents!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

i will admit i never sat down and read it all just glanced at certain ones from time to time. for the most part forum rules here or on a car forum are more or less the same. just some forums enforce certain rules more than others. few rules i dont agree with like support of non traxxas items on a traxxas product. its for the better good in my opinion but i do understand about trying to promote your own product and not someone else's so i do understand the reasoning for it. im on one or two other forums but i dont post there for months at a time then just a question here or there lol. i like this forum the most because it seems most organized for one, and two people are supper helpful here. and last but not least i run all traxxas stuff in exception of some aftermarket parts on my traxxas truck but because i run all traxxas i feel there is more knowledge on the traxxas forum.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    I find that i reread the rules everytime i go to post something that might be controversial or i will ask if its a vague area.

RC Qualifier
    I have never read the rules that I can remember, basically, don't flame or swear and you'll be fine..
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Wow,
    So basically you sign up to agree to the rules and to abide by them, yet don't take time to read them?

. . .
    It's just like signing a cell phone contract or accepting a EULA for computer software; how many people do you think actually read those before they accept the terms? I read through everything I sign or agree to, but I'd be willing to bet that a vast majority of people do not.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle