Threaded View

RC poster

New to the T-Maxx and Nitro - Have a couple questions...

Hey everyone,
    I just picked up a T-maxx in trade, and am getting into the nitro world. I have had RC cars/trucks before, but all have been electric. I think it will be a great hobby with my 2 sons and my oldest is really looking forward to it.

The truck is in good shape, and I have been spending some time getting everything cleaned up. I ordered a new glow plug and wiring, and antenna tube as the original ones looked a bit worse for the wear. The motor is new, and the previous owner had just finished the break in. I broke down the shocks and all seem to function properly. It already has a fuel filter installed and I don't see any leaks.

I do have a couple questions... I need to order new shock towers, but from what I can gather the ones to order vary on the model of 3.3 T-Maxx. Can someone fill me in on what model T-Maxx I have?

Also the previous owner added a Thunder Tiger Roto Start as he said he hated the EZ Start system. He beefed up the rear suspension to compensate for having to remove one shock for access to the roto start. If it were your truck, would you convert it back to the EZ start?

Any other upgrades I should do for just general driving? I won't be racing it, or bashing on it heavily. But I still want it to preform well. Thanks in advance, I look forward to spending a lot of time on here.

Last edited by Blackhawks1Goal; 10-10-2012 at 06:48 PM.