RC poster

Question Titan 775 break in.

Hi I just got a summit and should I do the water break in? I want to get the most life out of the motor so tell me what you know thx. <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

RC Qualifier
    yes you should do the water brake in method it helps a lot its what I did but you have to use some oil after.hope this helped
    what's up guys

Water break-in accelerates brush wear greatly. If you want the longest life, this is the method you don't want to use.
    Instead, drive in slow circles for a set or two of packs. Or set the truck on its head and turn the throttle trim to maximum for a pack or two. Or take the motor out and run it of a D-cell battery or two. All of these methods should be followed by a good cleaning with motor cleaner and a drop or so of oil on each bushing.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Water break-in accelerates brush wear greatly. If you want the longest life, this is the method you don't want to use.
    Instead, drive in slow circles for a set or two of packs. Or set the truck on its head and turn the throttle trim to maximum for a pack or two. Or take the motor out and run it of a D-cell battery or two. All of these methods should be followed by a good cleaning with motor cleaner and a drop or so of oil on each bushing.
    I did something similar with my DeWalt. I tool the wheels off and pulled the throttle about 1/4 off the way and ran almost 1 set of 2/2s flat. I'm not sure if this is good enough??

KSB; when you say motor cleaner...is that cleaning the inside?? How does one go about doing that? Does the oil go on the contact area of the bushing and what oil is recommended?
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    For what it's worth, I've never bought a drill and "broken it in" before, and figured since these are all drill motors anyway: I opened the box, put the batteries in, and drove around slow to full. Then next charge, drove around full. Never broke it in, and the motor is in great shape - upgraded recently to a brushless though. Just my 2.

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I did something similar with my DeWalt. I tool the wheels off and pulled the throttle about 1/4 off the way and ran almost 1 set of 2/2s flat. I'm not sure if this is good enough??

KSB; when you say motor cleaner...is that cleaning the inside?? How does one go about doing that? Does the oil go on the contact area of the bushing and what oil is recommended?
    Yes, spray motor cleaner - just use the straw to douse the insides of the motor. It's like electrical contact cleaner and it evaporates quickly. Wait for that to happen and then place a drop or so of bearing or bushing oil on the end bushings next to the motor shaft.
    You can probably use regular machine oil or 3-in-1 oil, but I've had a bottle of Trinity bushing oil with a needle dropper for a long time and I prefer that, if only for the delivery system.

Yes, spray motor cleaner - just use the straw to douse the insides of the motor. It's like electrical contact cleaner and it evaporates quickly. Wait for that to happen and then place a drop or so of bearing or bushing oil on the end bushings next to the motor shaft.
    You can probably use regular machine oil or 3-in-1 oil, but I've had a bottle of Trinity bushing oil with a needle dropper for a long time and I prefer that, if only for the delivery system.
    Thanks...I have a bottle of Muchmore Racing Spin Lube for bearings that is just over half full with a needle dropper on it. It looks like it will come in handy after all.

How often do you do maintenance on your motor...every couple runs or so?
    Rock n Rolla !

You'll get many answers to that question. I think I averaged a full cleaning every couple of months. Used an air compressor to blow the dust out a lot more.

depends on where and what kind of running you are doing.
    Keep in mind the summit will lead you places where you will end up needing cleaning and possibly maintenance as well. if you can't get there in a summit
    You should have bought something that fly's. lol if you run in really dirty or wet
    Conditions you can't really over clean
    It.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

jamann's use

Everybody else's use

Hence my answer.

You'll get many answers to that question. I think I averaged a full cleaning every couple of months. Used an air compressor to blow the dust out a lot more.
    That's what I was thinking more along the line of. Compressed air blow down after every use and full service maybe every 6 months...same as me eRevo.

Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    depends on where and what kind of running you are doing.
    Keep in mind the summit will lead you places where you will end up needing cleaning and possibly maintenance as well. if you can't get there in a summit You should have bought something that fly's. lol if you run in really dirty or wet Conditions you can't really over clean It.
    No snow where I live...winter doesn't get below 5C at night for about 1 1/2 months of the year. The rest of the time torrential down pours like today where it could rain for a week non stop . From time to time will probably be playing in wet to muddy conditions but predominantly dusty and dry.

Thanks for the info guys , I appreciate it.
    Rock n Rolla !