RC Qualifier

is this normal??

i just bought a traxxas powercell 8.4v 3000mah battery and when i plug it into the wall charger it says its done in like four hours. on the charger it says it should take 8 hours. its an 8 hr charger why does it take 4hrs? the truck runs fine,im not sure how long it is supposed to run because this is my first electric.
    Philippians 4:13

RC Qualifier
    My guess would be that it's because its only 3000Mah. A bigger battery would take longer.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

RC Qualifier
    it says on the charger that a 3000mah battery takes 8hrs. its charging it in the time that a 1500mah battery should take. hopefully its not half charging it?

RC Qualifier
    When we got our first it was an xl5 pede. It ran maybe 20 minutes before power started to fade. How long are you getting from yours? And if you don't already know don't be trying to drain the battery its tough on your motor and esc. I do find otherwise odd that battery is ready in four hours bit maybe you're not running it down too much between uses?
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Enthusiast
    If its brand new, mine took a couple cycles to break in battery and get full power out and in to battery.

RC Qualifier
    yeah,its brand new and everything stays very cool. im probly getting 15 minutes.