Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

INTT8098SILVER Gearbox any good?

Does anyone use this with a big motor? I want to put a 2000kv (42mm x 74mm) in it.

Anything else I need to hold and protect the motor?
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Champion
    hmmm it dosent have a bumper/wheelie bar mount so the best bets would be a laid back/ high powered wheelie bar from swami (online retailor)
    it mounts to the bottum instead of the trans

even thought its integy its milled so its just as good compaired to other compianies
    (they are infamous for there cast or forged aluminum for being weak)

i dont know the hole demension thing but it can fit the mmm 2200kv 775 sized motor

oh tqi what part of ontario are you in?
    pm me please
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Inferior metal makes an inferior trans case even if its milled. You can mill crap metal and its still crap. IMO.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Inferior metal makes an inferior trans case even if its milled. You can mill crap metal and its still crap. IMO.
    Haha.. Very True lol. And well said btw.

But the Integy case really is decent. Honestly, I like it.. I have an Integy one, and a REM one.. I almost like my integy one better... Although its not the best aluminum, it is a giant chunk of it, and its built right. I dont see that piece bending like ever..

Also, They sell a closed case one,and open. So if u want to use the normal wheelie bar, u can get the close case. Make sure to get the HD One.. Also, HR is a great choice. Dont get a GH one because it doesnt fit right... Theres a bearing fitment issue...

But coming from someone who owns an Integy gearbox, and a "high quality" REM one, Integy one is fine. 99% of its owners dont regret the purchase also. Its the other parts that have the problem! lol.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    very true .thought what grade dose integy use
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Racer
    I have the blue one that is open. It fits well. I use mine with a tbone wheelie bar. You need something wide to protect it better. I use a 3674 motor with room to go bigger even if i never would.

Biggest thing about this tranny case, U wanna use ur own screws. But I recommend it. Im very happy with mine...

Quote Originally Posted by pede1497 View Post
    I have the blue one that is open. It fits well. I use mine with a tbone wheelie bar. You need something wide to protect it better. I use a 3674 motor with room to go bigger even if i never would.
    Like this ?

Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-13-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    A lot of high speed guys do use the Integy gearbox above, including LooT. That is probably one of their better products. Another good design that is mentioned above by Loot to, is the HR Alloy motor plate and graphite gearbox. It's a really nice piece of work. You just won't get the full cooling benefits like that of an all aluminum one.

Here's a couple of shots fo the HR gearbox bolted up on my Rustler build.

If it holds up to those big can motors it has to be a decent design. I'm not sure i'd put it on a basher though. Just my thoughts.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I like my HR trans case too. Good idea and design with the flat motor plate.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Like this ?

Haha i thought my motor was big

RC poster
    I'm on my third build using the integy cases and I've been pleased with everyone. You always hear people say "I heard integy was junk". I have been using integy for the last 12 or so years on various builds and I've never had any problems with fit, finish or function.

RC Racer
    Yeah i have had an integy rear skid plate for over a year and it hasnt broken though it has a few dings