Thread: Bandit Problem

RC poster

Bandit Problem

So, I've been lurking the forums for a while, but I just registered because I can't figure something out. I don't know if this is the right place for this but here it goes. My car got ran over by a boat trailer with a boat on it and i've been replacing broken parts for a while. i think every broken part has been replaced and I've had the whole car torn apart and put back together many times since. but no matter what I do, when I go to drive it and I turn right at any speed over like 5 mph, there's a clicking sound. I keep replacing parts that I think are the problem and it i haven't fixed it yet. so. my question is, is there anything that anyone could think it is or something I should check. any input is much appreciated. I just want to be able to drive again.

RC Racer
    What parts from the steering have you replaced? Servo,servo saver, etc etc.....

RC poster
    I haven't replaced the servo or servo saver. the servo saver looked fine, i'm really hoping the servo isn't bad but it might just be. I guess i'll replace that next. the outer casing of the servo looks fine, no cracks, dents, nothing. but i'll give it a look

RC Champion
    Try the servo with no load on it. Pull it off the upper chassis and test it. I find it helps to put a black dot on it so you can see it move. I've had them go bad before. It's completely unexplainable... they look fine but they just don't turn one way like they should. Even the internals looked good on mine.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC poster
    I took it all apart, the servo turns fine, didn't see anything wrong with the internals, couldn't get it to click or anything underload, the servo saver still works. so yea.

RC Champion
    Did you try to work the steering by hand to feel for any resistance? It's possible you put something together wrong or it could be something little like a bent pin.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    put everything back together and set your bandit on the counter or something high enough so that you can see the workings of the whole steering system. turn it on then start steering. see if anything is rubbing like the arm connected to the servo. you can also disconnect the arm from the servo and see if the sound is coming from the servo.

RC Enthusiast
    it sounds like u have something catching on the chassis

RC poster
    so I took my whole front apart. everything looked fine. I noticed that I was stupid last time I put it back together and both of my steering arms were under the front steering blocks and catching on the lower suspension arm. but that didn't fix it. the whole front end checks out, I'm thinking that the clicking might have to do with the drive shaft i just put in. I had one explode on me and I just replaced that too but it was clicking with the old drive shaft before it exploded. but I just put that together today. the only thing with that is when the suspension isn't under load, the drive shaft will touch the camber arms in the rear. both of them seem to do it. it's never not under load while driving but i'm thinking that when i turn right and it puts all the weight on the back left, it lefts the body up enough to basically not have load in the back right where the new drive shaft is.

I don't know, i'm just throwing out ideas and letting you guys know where I'm at and what has happened recently. I really couldn't find anything wrong with the back but I can take it apart and look at it again.

RC Champion
    Pictures would be very helpful.

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC poster
    I can do that! give me a few minutes.

RC poster
    sorry it took so long, i was tired of working on my bandit last night. any who. this first picture is my steering, everything looks fine, as i said, i took it all apart last night, everythign felt right, nothing seemed bent.

this second picture is what i was talking about in my last post. when my suspension isn't underload, the driveshaft will hit that camber arm. if i pick up my car and give it a little gas, that wheel will deffinalty slow down a lot faster then the other because it's touching. but it doesn't make a noise so I don't think that's where the clicking sound is coming from

RC poster
    i figured it out. the rear arm screw closest to the wheel backed itself out. I don't know how I missed it the first 5 times I looked over it. I also broke a drive shaft today. today was a good day.