RC Qualifier

4x4 slash axles?

First off dont say buy mips or teknos i understand they are better stronger and waaay more expensive and this is not what the thread is intended to disscuss thnx.
    My questions are will they fit? Will they last any longer than stock? And would like to hear others experiences with them?

RC Champion
    When folks suggest buying Tekno's or Mip's, it's because they fit, they are stronger and better than the stockers. I prefer mip's myself. Have several sets myself on all but one rc!

BTW welcome to the forum. It's easier to make friends with honey!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Not sure what you are asking since the Slash and Stampede are the same vehicle with the Slash being longer.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    When folks suggest buying Tekno's or Mip's, it's because they fit, they are stronger and better than the stockers. I prefer mip's myself. Have several sets myself on all but one rc!

BTW welcome to the forum. It's easier to make friends with honey!!!

Ill leave that to the bees! Lol. no disrespect intended! I only run 2 cell so ive managed to get ten packs on my stock axles with The help of a " no wide open on landings" technique without failure. Will probably get a set of mips for the rear and keep stockers for spares. And just get a couple stocks for the front as they dont seem to be wearing nearly as fast. What kind of warranty is on the mips?

If you are able to keep the stock ones in one piece, there is no need for MIPs. MIPs have a lifetime warranty and great customer service.
    With the VXL combo on 2S, I think you are fine with the stockers. And like Slaughter already mentioned: the 4x4 Slash's shafts are exactly the same.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    I only use 2s and eventually the rear shaft snapped. On inspection of the other rear the yoke and adjoining part had slowly started to twist over time until one gave. I'm not a heavy basher and drive quite carefully. The fronts are fine so I just replaced the rear with Tekno's.

I'm determined not to go upgrade mad on my pede and intent to only replace what breaks over time. So far after 3mths of use (3-4 times per week) I have only broke one rear shaft and one wheel bearing has failed. (I did add the bearing adapter and RPM bumper).

RC Champion
    I stayed stock on 2s for the longest time with the slash 4x4. Alot of folks have axle issues with the pede 4x4 even on 2s with light bashing. I upgraded our pedes to the mips and no more issues!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

I only run 2s and use either a 5700 4 pole or a 3800kv 4 pole motor and am still using the origianl shafts that came on my truck when I bought it in March. The shafts show no signs of egging or twisting and look just like the day I unboxed the truck.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

If you bash hard and run your slipper tight you will need to get mips for the back at least or if you are light basher stick with stock
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Off topic, but dad, do you like the 5700 or 3800 better?
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Off topic, but dad, do you like the 5700 or 3800 better?
    I'm kind of torn but right now the 3800 is in the Pede, because of the 4wd I appreciate the extra torque of the motor but it is such a close call. I believe the 5700 gives better top end speed with both motors being run on 2s.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Was wondering because I really favor the 4600. You may want to try one in the 4x4...
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...