RC Racer

another noob lesson learned. whats waterproofed and what isn't

a while back i posted that thought my esc had burned out. so i parked my car for awhile while i saved money to get a new mm esc. but that was kinda hard i just got laid off. so my brother who got into rc cars 2weeks after i did has totally embraced the hobby as have i, but he's so into it and knows so much more. so my bro came over yesterday. with his merv and volt meters other stuff and he figure out that the day we went to the park the last day my merv worked i went thru a large mud puddle showing off my water proof components. anyway he/bro figure that the new lipos the charge plug must've got wet and was the cause of my problems but i didn't wanna believe that til he install my esc in his car and it ran without any issues at all.

lesson learned esc, servo, receiver and stock battery waterproof. new (2)2cell lipos with exposed charge cord exposed not waterproof. not even in the battery compartment of the merv.

yeah i feel like a idiot but i learned something new. i just got a new spc 3s 3cell 2500 lipo battery and back to bashing my merv. (RIOT..what i call it.)
    Last edited by esham976; 10-09-2012 at 02:42 PM.

RC Competitor
    Had one of those momments the other day park bashing my merv in the grass till i saw water splash around it in the distance an my truck went dead x.x Ran over pulled the body off quick pulled the battery out ran to my car used one of my work shirts to dry everything else off as much set the esc on the dash (live in arizona was 98 outside) let it dray flipped the switch an luckily it came back on. The Edge 2s says its water resistant but the wires mounting is external from that area so it tripped a internal shutoff or some sort but ya.... after that went to the LHS grabbed some styrene an made a splash box for my esc. That woulda sucked to killed that speedo cause its 100 bones for one an there isn't alot of options for a sensored BL esc

RC Qualifier
    As a side note what other esc have you tried? I use a mmp with a 5.0 sonic sensored and I corrosion x it. I don't go swimming but I don't fear a puddle and will bash in snow.
    BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmerv76 View Post
    As a side note what other esc have you tried? I use a mmp with a 5.0 sonic sensored and I corrosion x it. I don't go swimming but I don't fear a puddle and will bash in snow.
    i never got another esc once my brother showed me it wasn't my esc that was the problem. but i was gonna get a mmp esc. onc i get back to work i may still the mmp esc and motor.