RC Qualifier

Sick of the steering slop.

So I just ordered the STRC aluminum bellcrank in hopes to tighten thinks up a bit up front. I already have alum carriers on RPM arms and will probably stick to plastic arms for now. Has anyone had any luck with an aluminum bellcrank setup? I have big tires on the truck and I think the stock setup is a little overworked.
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

People have had strc on their slash 4x4 and said it got rid of the slop but not a 100% but its a start dude and be better than stock by miles......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    No. But the sturdier you make it the more strain will be put on the servo in impacts. I think the general sloppiness of the Stampede is its saving grace in stock form.

RC Qualifier
    ...the sturdier you make it the more strain will be put on the servo in impacts.
    I was considering that!...but it is soooo messy, even with a new spring. I am curious though as to how the servo saver works.
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

Or get a better servo when the stock one dies
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
    No. But the sturdier you make it the more strain will be put on the servo in impacts. I think the general sloppiness of the Stampede is its saving grace in stock form.
    No, the spring takes the hits and the stock spring is sorta soft, prob for that reason. If the balls and links are sloppy, it is no better than having a less sloppy linkage setup. It is most likely worse when everything has play, as the impact on the system is worse. Kind of like a dent puller:

That silver cylinder is a relatively light weight that when smacked against the back of the puller creates much more impact force than if you were to weld that cylinder on and pull with your body weight. Think of those heavy trenchers as the cylinder. Without any dampening between those loose connections there is much much more impact on the steering components and if that strc spring adjustment collar is too tight, the servo also. You can adjust the strc spring a bit tighter than the stock setup, and reduce the impact to the servo gears, compared to a more sloppy setup. A lot of slop may be just as bad or worse than running no saver at all.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by beetroot72 View Post
    So I just ordered the STRC aluminum bellcrank in hopes to tighten thinks up a bit up front. I already have alum carriers on RPM arms and will probably stick to plastic arms for now. Has anyone had any luck with an aluminum bellcrank setup? I have big tires on the truck and I think the stock setup is a little overworked.
    I installed a blue strc Bellcrank a few months ago. It sure looks a lot better. As far as getting rid of the slop, I can't answer that I never leave the stock parts on long enough to see a difference.lol I think you will enjoy it though. Peace

RC Qualifier
    Adjusting the toe and camber makes a huge difference, I got rid of all slop with a few tweaks.

Also try teflon and metal washers where there's room for them.
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    Slop is just part of monster trucks. It is greatly exaggerated with large tires. You might be able to reduce it, but the cost of an aluminum bellcrank isn't worth it IMO. This is not a high precision racing machine.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I think most of the slop comes from the balls and ball ends anyway.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???