Hybrid View

RC Racer

Merv faster backwards?

Is there any good possibly reason why my merv vxl seems to be quicker responding/accelerating/punching in reverse than forward?

I should add that I have a hobbywing ESC, not the traxxas as it failed and is going back for extended warranty replacement.
    Last edited by SynisteR6; 10-09-2012 at 06:20 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SynisteR6 View Post
    Is there any good possibly reason why my merv vxl seems to be quicker responding/accelerating/punching in reverse than forward?

I should add that I have a hobbywing ESC, not the traxxas as it failed and is going back for extended warranty replacement.
    Try resetting the controller and reprogramming the ESC. This probably won't stay active long since it's pretty much asking for support for a non-Traxxas item.
    Last edited by airmaxx23; 10-09-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Airmax has the right idea...
    it worked over here:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...65#post5305665
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    yeah I realize that, but everything else on the rig is traxxas so I thought I'd see if this is something anyone else has experienced before...

RC Qualifier
    maybe switch your motor wires... could be plugged in wrong and that's why it goes backwards faster than forwards lol
    HPI Vorza | Traxxas Summit | 1/16 Traxxas E-Revo

RC Racer
    Sweet! Well, reset the 2.4 TQ radio back to factory, re-linked it to the reciever, switched a wire on the motor and voila, seems to work MUCH better, even fixed the going crazy whtn the transmitter is off...

only 2 issues I have no is there seems to be a little lag when getting off the throttle, and the servo is still making wierd buzzing noises, any thoughts?

I'm starting to feel a bit better about this RC thing, Thanks a bunch guys!

RC Racer
    Think there's anyway that this may be related to my merv going crazy reverse when I turn my transmitter off?

RC Qualifier
    Sometimes when I put my electrics in I have to switch 2 wires even though they don't match.( I usually switch red and black) and then reverse channel 2 on the remote. Try it, works for me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    I just want to say thanks again, I'm not sure how the guy I bought this from got it so screwed up, it seemed like he knew his stuff pretty well but after undoing so many things he had done I'm not sure...