Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-10-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    I'm really liking it with the lp jacos on there. Should be alot more stable considering no ballooning and the added width of the tire. With your skill set I'm sure you could add some carbon fiber Accents to make them look just as good (if not better) than the ones they already sell. I'm anxiously awaiting the video of this thing screaming by at 100+ mph. As a cheap alternative to make the tires a little more tacky, the guys at the local track SWEAR by grape juice in a spray bottle. Iv even seen a few add extra sugar for more "tackiness." BTW, the backdrop in you new pics looks great also..
    Last edited by Baltim0re28; 10-10-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks Baltimore. I like the look of em too.. Plus, They will be less wobbly. The GRPs balloon barely, but they are fully belted, and only do so because of the MONSTER power... Enough to make these blow up at the same RPM off the ground.

Thats pretty wild about the Grape juice. Have u asked em how it comares to traction compound?

RC Qualifier
    When I say not 1 guy prefers the traction compound over the grape juice I'm not exaggerating, the guy at my lhs that gave me the gyro said he feels it actually works better than the traction compound. Didn't think to ask was he being cheap or did it actually stick better,lol. Everyone swears by it, I thought it was a joke until I actually seen someone doing it. When they used to hold the drag races in the parking lot outside the hobbyshop they would spray it all over the blacktop at the starting line also. I'm about to google it and see if anyone else actually does this or if it's just a "local" thing.

Just googled it and found Beer, root beer, grape soda and grape juice have all been used before,lol.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-10-2012 at 03:35 PM.

The guy who runs one of the local on road tracks and traveling on road race clubs swears by using the syrup concentrate for grape soda as a traction compound. He busy it buy the gallons and uses a bug spray to spray the track down before every race.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    hehe.. Nice. One more world class place we go here is Moab, UTah... I imagine uve heard of it? The Jeep/Rock crawling capital of the world. The place is ridiculously awesome.
    Of course I've heard of it Jealous once again!!! I've never owned a Jeep myself (but I've come close), however, my dad was a big Jeep fan when I was a kid. I'll forever remember the bright yellow CJ7 he had back then

As for the Salt Flats... Ive driven on em..(friend driving) At night, pitch black at about 70mph with the headlights turned off, without being able to see a thing... Its NUTZ! but there is so much room, and its all the way flat. Its impossible to hit anything. Well, except for the one big island in the middle, Other than that.. Nada Its intense ! And Massive too...
    Crazy, am I to assume that you guys should not have been there and that's why you had your lights off?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I meant "scratch building" on how all the guys that used to build crawlers before any commercially available chassis or any crawler specific off the shelf parts were available. 80% of the truck was made from raw materials, by hand.
    Also with the scale builds, all the accessories were made by hand. You would make the scale stuff by hand: dashboards, interiors, a shovel, winch, beer cooler, crowbar, instrument clusters, 3 point seatbelts, A DEER strapped to the hood... You would be great at that stuff in the way you take pride in what you cook up. In fact you may also be good on Heels Kitchen lol... Thats what I mean.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    that is one of the nicest rustlers i have seem man great work , dont forget the vid

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    The guy who runs one of the local on road tracks and traveling on road race clubs swears by using the syrup concentrate for grape soda as a traction compound. He busy it buy the gallons and uses a bug spray to spray the track down before every race.
    That is super interesting... Wonder how this came about? I mean, who'd think....Oo I know, Il put grape juice on my tires, and thatll help. Its like one guys spilled grape juice as he was leaning down to his RC, Race started, he did extra good, and it was all down hill from there. Neat

Thanks for the compliments btw!

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I meant "scratch building" on how all the guys that used to build crawlers before any commercially available chassis or any crawler specific off the shelf parts were available. 80% of the truck was made from raw materials, by hand.
    Also with the scale builds, all the accessories were made by hand. You would make the scale stuff by hand: dashboards, interiors, a shovel, winch, beer cooler, crowbar, instrument clusters, 3 point seatbelts, A DEER strapped to the hood... You would be great at that stuff in the way you take pride in what you cook up. In fact you may also be good on Heels Kitchen lol... Thats what I mean.
    Ahh.. I see. Man, Id love to build a whole Scratch built home! But problem with that, and the scaler Idea, I dont have the room, and most importantly.. Tools. I live in an apartment, so the proper tools to chop up metal, is definatly something I cant accomodate here.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    that is one of the nicest rustlers i have seem man great work , dont forget the vid
    Thanks, and will do!

RC Champion
    Our local street track guy sprays cheap cola all over the track hours before racing. Makes it way tackier.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    wow that car is a beast I want it its so cool good job
    what's up guys

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Racer X View Post
    Our local street track guy sprays cheap cola all over the track hours before racing. Makes it way tackier.
    That makes sense for sure.. It also cleans up oil

Quote Originally Posted by e-revo View Post
    wow that car is a beast I want it its so cool good job
    Thanks man. I appreciate it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Racer X View Post
    AND... Is the leading cause for a dramatic increase in death of ants throughout the world. Lol...
    Last edited by Baltim0re28; 10-12-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    AND... Is the leading cause for a dramatic increase in death of ants throughout the world. Lol...
    Hmmmm.....Wonder if they'd cola the freeways! LOL

Good info when I want to do speed runs.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    A little off topic but I remember seeing some local Police carrying it in there trunks to help clean up Oil/Blood/other crud off street surfaces when they come into an accident.

But anywho VIDS ! Weekend is here
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    What? Cops clean up blood with cola?

And yeah, vids I'd love to see this thing break the 100MPH barrier.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Ahh.. I see. Man, Id love to build a whole Scratch built home! But problem with that, and the scaler Idea, I dont have the room, and most importantly.. Tools. I live in an apartment, so the proper tools to chop up metal, is definatly something I cant accomodate here.
    Where theres a will theres a way! Lol. Have you seen the compact plasma cutters they have come out with recently? They only weigh 19lbs and are the size of a 4 slice toaster. Your lady's purse is probably heavier, which would be convenient cuz the cutter comes with a shoulder strap, so you could make her carry it for ya! Lol.

I can only imagine the things you could come up with if you were left alone in a room with free run of a cnc or water jet unit and some bulk materials. 😜

Keep up the good work brotha!
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    What? Cops clean up blood with cola?

And yeah, vids I'd love to see this thing break the 100MPH barrier.
    Im amazed that people actually ingest coke and pepsi on a regular basis. I buy cans of cc, but i dont drink it. Along with the usual dose of laundry detergent, I pour a can of it in the washing machine when washing my rig work clothes. It'll remove pipe dope, grease, oil and drill mud and make my gear look like new every time, but i doubt it is as beneficial to the body's internals. 😱

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Im amazed that people actually ingest coke and pepsi on a regular basis. I buy cans of cc, but i dont drink it. Along with the usual dose of laundry detergent, I pour a can of it in the washing machine when washing my rig work clothes. It'll remove pipe dope, grease, oil and drill mud and make my gear look like new every time, but i doubt it is as beneficial to the body's internals. ��
    It's works very well as a meat tenderizer too. Slap a hunk of meat in a container with a can of Coke and see what it looks like a few days later. LOL Also works great on battery terminals.

Anyways. I was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday and he said they spray that on their track to. I was like never heard of that being used until on here and talked to him.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Im amazed that people actually ingest coke and pepsi on a regular basis. I buy cans of cc, but i dont drink it. Along with the usual dose of laundry detergent, I pour a can of it in the washing machine when washing my rig work clothes. It'll remove pipe dope, grease, oil and drill mud and make my gear look like new every time, but i doubt it is as beneficial to the body's internals. ��
    It also did wonders for a bugging ac compressor on an '94 chevy s10 I had... Kept that thing alive for 8 mo's after it locked up. I worked at an auto parts store, and it locked up and snapped a belt. One of the countermen told me to replace the belt and pour a can of coke all over the compressor. I thought he was messing with me as I was new there, and told him so. He pulled a 20$ out, gave it to me, and said if it doesn't work, you can keep the 20. 2 weeks later, I gave him the 20 back...

Where theres a will theres a way! Lol. Have you seen the compact plasma cutters they have come out with recently? They only weigh 19lbs and are the size of a 4 slice toaster. Your lady's purse is probably heavier, which would be convenient cuz the cutter comes with a shoulder strap, so you could make her carry it for ya! Lol.

I can only imagine the things you could come up with if you were left alone in a room with free run of a cnc or water jet unit and some bulk materials. ��

Keep up the good work brotha!
    Which if I ever was locked up, id need a CNC Macheine, and Some Materials from going nuts. lol. Oh, and an In Cell Track.lol

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    It also did wonders for a bugging ac compressor on an '94 chevy s10 I had... Kept that thing alive for 8 mo's after it locked up. I worked at an auto parts store, and it locked up and snapped a belt. One of the countermen told me to replace the belt and pour a can of coke all over the compressor. I thought he was messing with me as I was new there, and told him so. He pulled a 20$ out, gave it to me, and said if it doesn't work, you can keep the 20. 2 weeks later, I gave him the 20 back...
    Ha... Thats an awesome story... Funny stuff.

Coke also works on Getting OIL out of concrete, and works for polishing Chrome, along with aluminum foil! Not to mention all the stuff we have all heard, which are all true.. (seen on mythbusters) Tooth gone in 24 hours in a coke can, and desolving a penny and all... And we drink the stuff... eeekk... I have one from time to time, its delicious with a good dinner meal.

But then again, I drink WAY to much RedBull, and moutain dew... My early schedule (waking up at 5:30 am) coupeled with my going to bed at 1:00 am cuz I am wrenching away every night, and always loose track of schedule. lol.

RC Champion
    As fun as perpetuating the urban myths of Coke can be, it has less cirtic acid by volume than most orange juice & trace elements of phosphoric acid - not enough of either to cause the human body any harm. Gastric acid makes sure of that & Mythbusters came to different conclusions than the myths

Have you run your Rustler yet? how fast have you managed??

First run vid!!!! 68.3mph..Read on

The place I had in mind, turned out not to be so great. . So I drove up the road and we ended up finding this small stretch of road, that was a dead end, Would have been PERFECT, except it was narrow, and worse of all had a curb on one side. Which needless to say scared me half way to sunday. . To wrech my vehicle really bad on first day, without acheiving my goal yet would have not been cool... I did come the way of the curb, but my some miracle the car flipped over the curb! Unfortunatly my lady stopped filming before that happened, but u can see the results on the vid.

Im REAL happy with the outcome anyways. Im still scouting for a good place to drive, but in the mean time I wasnt about to go home without doing so. Oh... and there was all kinds of dust on the road, making it very SOAP like. lol That and I bypassed my Gyro, and It was hard work keeping it straight... Any little adjustments at 50 + was a big adjustment on the steering wheel... Over all, very happy and here it is on vid. Sorry for the low quality vid, my camera went out and it had to be taken on our phones... Enough to enjoy however. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=585Vl_ab4-U

100mph, HERE I COME!

RC Champion
    Very well done Keep it up
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    Hey loot, I can't tell from the pictures... But what did you do about the hole that the antenna is supposed to come out of? Did you fill it or leave it there?

Thanks AzRacer!

Baltimore: I really dislike that, that antenna hole is there.... I placed a white sticker on the inside of the body, to help fool the eye.... Never see it,unless one looks out for it.

RC Champion
    In my Bandit body, I put a grommet in the hole and the black tip of the antenna tube in the grommet. It looks like a sleek antenna... I'm just not sure it would withstand the 150mph winds lol
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Qualifier
    I was thinking about doing some tape on the inside then trying to get just enough shoe goo in there to make it even with the body. Looks really good tho Loot, can barely tell its even there. Good job on your first run man, hopefully the next one will be in the triple digits....good luck!!

Wax paper does not stick to the shoogoo. Great way to smooth it out.

Hey loot, have you tried running the xo-1 wheels and tires yet? If you haven't and still plan to, then be careful cuz they don't really work well on anything other than the xo-1. I tried running them on my speedrunner truck as well as the HR P2de xl, and it was like running the truck on a sheet of ice. The xo-1 tires rely solely on the larger amount of downforce that the xo-1 has at higher speed, which makes them virtually useless on a 2wd truck.. Even on my heavy HR pede the rears break loose at any speed sending the truck spinning and sliding down the road. Heck, even at low speeds (and fairly often at high speeds if not extremely gentle with the throttle) on the xo-1 they spin the car out constantly, making the car an absolute displeasure to drive on anything but a sticky track.

I see that your beast has a large amount of outward toe on the front and little to no toe-in on the rear. Is this the way 100mph+ guys are setup as well? I was just curious cuz I've tried outward toe on my fronts and the truck wants to wander, so I changed to a small degree of toe-in on the front and the protrac toe-in on the rear and the truck runs straight every time now. I'm just starting to get into doing lots of speed runs now that I'm running the et-3s and et-2400 combo in my HR pede xl so I'm trying to get all the info I can for a solid setup for speed running. Good to see some video of ur beast running, good luck in hitting 100 brotha!

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Interesting points, Baldy. I always wondered why the XO-1 wheels would work well. They dont show very grippy by just looking at them.

For just high speed running I think you have to put the wheels as straight as possible. Front toe out doesn't help at all keeping it straight and gives all kind of unwanted stress on the suspension.
    Nobody is born with experience.

Hey loot, have you tried running the xo-1 wheels and tires yet? If you haven't and still plan to, then be careful cuz they don't really work well on anything other than the xo-1. I tried running them on my speedrunner truck as well as the HR P2de xl, and it was like running the truck on a sheet of ice. The xo-1 tires rely solely on the larger amount of downforce that the xo-1 has at higher speed, which makes them virtually useless on a 2wd truck.. Even on my heavy HR pede the rears break loose at any speed sending the truck spinning and sliding down the road. Heck, even at low speeds (and fairly often at high speeds if not extremely gentle with the throttle) on the xo-1 they spin the car out constantly, making the car an absolute displeasure to drive on anything but a sticky track.

I see that your beast has a large amount of outward toe on the front and little to no toe-in on the rear. Is this the way 100mph+ guys are setup as well? I was just curious cuz I've tried outward toe on my fronts and the truck wants to wander, so I changed to a small degree of toe-in on the front and the protrac toe-in on the rear and the truck runs straight every time now. I'm just starting to get into doing lots of speed runs now that I'm running the et-3s and et-2400 combo in my HR pede xl so I'm trying to get all the info I can for a solid setup for speed running. Good to see some video of ur beast running, good luck in hitting 100 brotha!

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Hey brotha man, I have not. For those reason too... Il likely just dump them on the Market... Even driving with Jacos is like that.... Its freaky for sure I need some high traction concrete...

As for Toe in/out. Im Running Zero of both my friend.. Alot of people have thought that, and I probably should have fixed that image on the video, but in pictures its depth perception. As we all learned in 5th grade art class, And in the vid, its the way the car sat when I put it down. the steering went a bit to the left, and the right wheel was disconnected.. So it went to the right..... Theres absolutly no To in, or out. Trust me on that one, I know

Im running it dead straight guys..... See

In this pic, looks I have Toe in on the front (thatd be silly..) Again, Depth perseption

Staright .....

U guys should know me better than that Thanks for all the positive comments guys..

RC Champion
    There's a few people who use 1 degree of toe in on the front for speed run cars. I'm not one but just saying

I would highly recommend some rear toe in though, especially with Jacos

Quote Originally Posted by PBO View Post
    I would highly recommend some rear toe in though, especially with Jacos
    Hey PBO, Can you explain why you recommend that?

@Loot. It's funny how cars on pictures seem to have tons of toe in or out while the wheels are just straight.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Champion
    The short answer is - rear toe in creates stability as does front toe in. Especially good for speed run vehicles where corners are effectively non existent. The Jacos are jittery & the more you can adjust to mitigate the better off you will be

http://users.telenet.be/elvo/ page 3 of "Alignments" explains it much better than I can

"At the rear of the car there's some toe-in. This will also create two opposing forces, but this time it's a stable system. If for whatever reason one force would become greater than the other, the car will be steered in the direction that causes weight transfer onto the tire that was losing weight in the first place. So the tire which was losing grip ends up with more weight, and hence more grip. The system stabilises itself, this is also called negative feedback.
    Toe-in causes stability: it will create an effect that steers the car straight ahead. It's mostly used at the rear, where it will prevent the rear from 'stepping out' when the tires are constantly brought to the edges of the traction circle, and any bump can make them lose grip. To the driver it will feels as is the rear is really 'locked in', as if there's some invisible force keeping the rear on track. There's a downside to this too: in corners, especially low-speed ones, this can take away a lot of steering. The effect can be so big the gripping power of the front tires is hardly sufficient to turn the car. In other words, excessive rear toe-in makes a car understeer.
    Toe-in at the front does basically the same thing: it stabilises the front. This can be a nice effect if you want to calm down the front of your car while accellerating. It will also make you lose a little steering; turn-in will be far less aggressive."

RC Qualifier
    Very nice!
    Rustler CC3800 || Stampede VXL