Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FINISHED! 100mph Mamba Monster Mean Rustler!

Its done! And I could not be happier... After months and months, 11 to be exact and a pretty penny .... Its done.... This wasnt my only project by any means, and for a while I left it alone. Long while, while building more Trucks, a workspace, bashing, and life. My own run on a 100mph Mamba Monster Rustler. I took my precious time, and could not be more happy with the outcome.

For the FULL build thread, with all details..Visit this link
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Rustler-build

*** The AbSoLooT Mamba Monster Rustler ***

Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Triple M’s

For a quick Review… (more info on full build thread) It’s a 6S Mamba Monster Powered 100mph plus on road only vehicle, with the works. 34/34 gearing… Savox Servo, Gyro, Garmin GPS, and Lots of Bling, and touches to complete the package.

On the body, The headlights are covered with Carbon Fiber Eye Lids…
    One Done, vs one not.

Before

After

Carbon Fiber to Match on the Asian Decals.. Like a lot of people who have Asian symbols as Tattoos, who knows what It means. Lol.

GD-4 Drift Pro Gyro, A lot of Wire Braiding, 6S power…

New Garmin Forerunner 101 sitting on top of a Custom Carbon Fiber “box” type wrap to cover 1 pound .5 ounces of weight to keep the front end down at the ridiculous high speeds…

Without the GPS to show the Carbon “box”

What the Weights looked like

Prior to finishing the Decals. Looked awesome this way too..

How its held together. Industrial strength double sided tape… This is prior to the top piece being placed

Low Fo sho

Custom Made Nobs To hold the battery in, Wire braiding, and the two wire extensions that were added to the ESC, to be able to install the switch on the opposite end.

Good look at the MONSTER Motor without the Fan. Gives a real good idea of the size of this thing… That and the Swami RC wheelie Bar

Mamba Monster ESC, Braided Wires, and NOS Bottle ( A signature of all my trucks )

Custom Done RPM Front Bumper. Didnít just flip it around.. Reformed to keep its top side

HR X- Long Alum Slipper Clutch Pads

With XO Wheels and Tires. I have them, The GRPS, and Jacos..

AKA 17mm Hexs

Slash/Stampede 4x4 Drive Shafts

Custom Elongated Bottom Slide to fit the Monster Motor, and gearing..

Swami RC Laid Back Wheelie Bar with Traxxas Upgraded wheels

And Last but not Least……

Massive 34 – 34 Gearing. Metal Pinion + Metal Spur = LOUD! Awesome.. 34T pinion from the XO1.

*******Thanks for Checking it out… Make sure to check the FULL build thread*********
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Rustler-build

AbSoLooT

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Sweet brotha! But youre not done yet...not until you hit the 100mph mark with it! I cant wait to see it. Good job man and super sweet ride.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Champion
    Finally! Congrats! When is the run ?
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    WOW! What a clean build, speed runs aren't my thing but I sure appreciate it when someone creates such a beautiful and clean machine.

RC Enthusiast
    That looks sick! I wonder how much the can alone adds to its weight?
    DUB C

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Sweet brotha! But youre not done yet...not until you hit the 100mph mark with it! I cant wait to see it. Good job man and super sweet ride.
    Thanks brotha man! Very True Im excited to do so. Im scouting out locations now. Long stretch of road,with no concrete on the sides. Looking for dirt with some tall grass to slow/stop it if it goes astray... The thing is SO intimidating! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Racer X View Post
    Finally! Congrats! When is the run ?
    Totally Im working out the tweeks now. Balance, gyro, etc.... And looking forward to one. Wish I could say this weekend, but unfortuantly I have to go to a cabin all weekend. Hopefully next, weather permitting... i realized. I started it in 11-11...Almost one year to fully complete (with a big inactive time in the middle) Crazy how time flys.

Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    WOW! What a clean build, speed runs aren't my thing but I sure appreciate it when someone creates such a beautiful and clean machine.
    Thanks man! I prefer Bashing Trucks too... I have some of those also Also my fav though too...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJenkem View Post
    That looks sick! I wonder how much the can alone adds to its weight?
    Thanks It is 7 pounds, 4 oz without GPS, and Body, and rear fan.... Thing is FAT! lol. Il have to weight it one more time.. But near 8 pounds. Picking it up in ur hands is crazy. Even my family was commenting on its weight and how heavy it is.

RC Champion
    I can't wait. Weather is finally cooling down here and I plan on throwing in a bigger pinion just for kicks. Summer is to hot to play with rc's lol

I want you to know in advance I'm gonna cry if you hit a curb
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    Looks great Loot, I'm liking the black,red and white. Was planning on a white lid myself, to match the custom bottom plate I put on mine. May have to go back to the drawing board with that.. Already looked to much alike with the red and black lid we had on them to start with.. I truly hope you meet your goal without crashing that beauty... I say after you reach your goal.. Shelf it!!!! Lol.

Very nice machine, Sir LooT!
    Looking forward to see the results. If you can manage to reach that 100mph, you wont be the first, but you will definately have done it with the best looking Rustler.
    Nobody is born with experience

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Oooooooh lala!!!! Fantastic build my friend. As always you are the ABSOLOOT finest to perfection of details. Keep up the work my friend!! I can't wait to see some video on speed runs and what you top out at. Im way jealous.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Nice touch using the msc mount to mount the Nos bottle...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

I can't wait. Weather is finally cooling down here and I plan on throwing in a bigger pinion just for kicks. Summer is to hot to play with rc's lol

I want you to know in advance I'm gonna cry if you hit a curb
    Ooo... ur in Arizona! oh man, u get way more RC time (normal conditions) than we do! grr.. Than again im sure the summer is brutual. U gotta have fans just to keep it ideling lol. Im excited to bro.

Also, I think I will cry too I am gonna do Runs on places with no curbs.... That way I cant hit a Curb, cuz at 100mph, that would be nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    Looks great Loot, I'm liking the black,red and white. Was planning on a white lid myself, to match the custom bottom plate I put on mine. May have to go back to the drawing board with that.. Already looked to much alike with the red and black lid we had on them to start with.. I truly hope you meet your goal without crashing that beauty... I say after you reach your goal.. Shelf it!!!! Lol.

Thanks man. U too.! And ur bottom u speak of looks fantastic! I totally will be very careful how often it comes out, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Very nice machine, Sir LooT!
    Looking forward to see the results. If you can manage to reach that 100mph, you wont be the first, but you will definately have done it with the best looking Rustler.
    Thanks man! I appreciate it! I thought so too, but I am a bit biast to my own work. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Oooooooh lala!!!! Fantastic build my friend. As always you are the ABSOLOOT finest to perfection of details. Keep up the work my friend!! I can't wait to see some video on speed runs and what you top out at. Im way jealous.
    Thanks digg... I will post em ASAP! Get some shots of hitting this goal!

Loot will be the first to hold a traxxas fashion show, thats for sure... I'm to sexy for my truck, to sexy for my truck...

Loot, you just may be the bling master of everything traxxas. Have seen some killer builds over the years on the scaler boards, and you are right up there with top guys when it comes to attention to detail... Ever though of scratch building? You would be good at it...

ultra clean and beautiful looking . Now time to post it hitting the triple digit line.

Btw.. So I brought it to my families house on Sunday. One at a time a member of my family came out, and wanted to see it rev... Ive had it at full throttle, on a dry run before, A. Its NUTZ, and B. Its AWESOME! I think either this time around it was more powerful cuz it was heated to a more optimal temp, since I was driving it around (around 5 mph for adjustments) or... I was looking at it top side, so lost my depth perseption, and barely knicked the ground... I dont think of that, because it didnt jump forward, But also 3 happens happened at once, so I think it must have been... But this happened....

Can I also just say it was AWESOME! It was like BOOM! Only shame was I didnt have it on camera. I put a skid mark on my shoe, that is a nice permant black scar on my new white shoes Since it came from This hobby, I like it Cuz its a battle scar! and If i look down, il know what happened...

Easy fix I could have repaired right then and there since I had some Jacos, and Extra driveshafts, Since I blew a yolk from the force, but I ended up just getting involved with the Stampedes.. I could have just thrown on the Jacos, and the Xo1s were at home. But I wasnt there to drive it anyways... it was a small neighborhood street.

But I tell ya, It was awesome! this thing is a MONSTER!

2wd + 6S + Mamba Monster = Something else!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Amazing!!!

RC Qualifier
    The car looks great man!
    Last edited by Baltim0re28; 10-09-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Not using my brain.

Like everyone else I am anxious to see this car running, looking forward to seeing some video of it!!!
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

WOW SO CLEAN that's one nice looking rustler.
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Looks amazing. You just inspired me to make a 100MPH Rustler. What did you use to wrap the wires? Where can it be bought on ebay?

RC Champion
    Here's where I got mine. Take your pick.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    Will be interesting to see acceleration, ESC performance & heat results

Conventional thinking is that 1:1 gearing may not be a reliable starting point because of among other issues, the load it exerts on the ESC at start up

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    Here's where I got mine. Take your pick.
    Heres what i found:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Braide...item5894345ef8

Will this fit normal wires that plug into the receiver?

The ammount of failures it takes to get an rc car up to these speeds, good luck. Is that a belted tire blowing apart???

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlledWithRemote View Post
    Heres what i found:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Braide...item5894345ef8

Will this fit normal wires that plug into the receiver?
    Too big. I used the smallest I could find (1/8") and it was still slightly too large for standard servo wires. 1/4" is what I used to do both battery cables in one sleeve.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Nice touch using the msc mount to mount the Nos bottle...
    Thanks man. I have em on all the truck. Stayin true to Traxxas Parts

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Loot will be the first to hold a traxxas fashion show, thats for sure... I'm to sexy for my truck, to sexy for my truck...

Loot, you just may be the bling master of everything traxxas. Have seen some killer builds over the years on the scaler boards, and you are right up there with top guys when it comes to attention to detail... Ever though of scratch building? You would be good at it...
    Thanks man. But what do u mean? I do build the vehicles from "scratch" From upgrade parts wise. That what u mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ControlledWithRemote View Post
    Looks amazing. You just inspired me to make a 100MPH Rustler. What did you use to wrap the wires? Where can it be bought on ebay?
    Thanks! Its a dedication.. Yes they can, BUT... I purchased about 5 different types,and most are terrible. U want to get it from Frys.com. Search for expandable sleeving.

http://www.frys.com/search?search_ty...sleeving&cat=0

Quote Originally Posted by PBO View Post
    Will be interesting to see acceleration, ESC performance & heat results

Conventional thinking is that 1:1 gearing may not be a reliable starting point because of among other issues, the load it exerts on the ESC at start up
    Totally.. However, With only about 10% throttle on start up, its not too straining. not to mention over 22volts! PLUS This is def not a first, and its been working out for folks...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Totally.. However, With only about 10% throttle on start up, its not too straining. not to mention over 22volts! PLUS This is def not a first, and its been working out for folks...
    I haven't noticed 1:1 gearing on a Rustler previously - I'm not doing any research though

I'm reasonably conversant on speed run issues & I believe tall gearing + that ESC (even using 6S) may give you smokey feedback if you're not careful

RC Champion
    See this is good though You had your BOOM BREAK moment already All clear for speed runs now lol.

Can't wait ! I think that car deserves the flats to run it to it's true potential lol. Oh if only.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

Quote Originally Posted by PBO View Post
    I haven't noticed 1:1 gearing on a Rustler previously - I'm not doing any research though

I'm reasonably conversant on speed run issues & I believe tall gearing + that ESC (even using 6S) may give you smokey feedback if you're not careful
    Na brotha.. It works like a champion, due to the low KV of the Mamba Monster... And its been done alot now. People have taken their Rustlers as high as 124mph with this exact set-up. Check out Youtube... Search Fastest, 100mph, or Mamba Monster Rustlers and ul see...

Ive already ran it slow, and it does wonderful. Not a hint of cogging or the motor struggeling....Its insane power... Unreal. It will blow off all paper on the desk behind it, and creat a mini hurricane! lol

See this is good though You had your BOOM BREAK moment already All clear for speed runs now lol.

Can't wait ! I think that car deserves the flats to run it to it's true potential lol. Oh if only.
    For sure Jacos are mounted and ready to roll too.. Il post pics asap! But I am very excited!

Btw.. I live by the bonneville Salt Flats

RC Champion
    Hope it works out the way you're anticipating. Good luck

RC Champion
    Very nice! I'm surprised to see stockish axles but I trust your judgement! Have fun and good luck
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Btw.. I live by the bonneville Salt Flats
    Wow!..... You know that's one of those near holly places that I've always wanted to visit.... If I could only have a vintage belly pan racer for the occasion... Actually, that sounds like a plan... a belly pan inspired Rustler based speed run machine...

thanks PBO, and SLW. I appreciate it! Il be in close touch with how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    Wow!..... You know that's one of those near holly places that I've always wanted to visit.... If I could only have a vintage belly pan racer for the occasion... Actually, that sounds like a plan... a belly pan inspired Rustler based speed run machine...
    hehe.. Nice. One more world class place we go here is Moab, UTah... I imagine uve heard of it? The Jeep/Rock crawling capital of the world. The place is ridiculously awesome.

As for the Salt Flats... Ive driven on em..(friend driving) At night, pitch black at about 70mph with the headlights turned off, without being able to see a thing... Its NUTZ! but there is so much room, and its all the way flat. Its impossible to hit anything. Well, except for the one big island in the middle, Other than that.. Nada Its intense ! And Massive too...