RC Champion

Best glue for tires??

Wassup guys. thinking about glueing my first set of tires but i just want to get some opinions on the best glue to use? and what not to use?

does traxxas sell their brand of glue?

RC Champion
    I use either Gorilla or Loctite super glue. Tried some black super glue from my LHS that was supposed to be specifically for rubber on tires but it doesn't work as good as the others.

Dunno about Traxxas glue.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Racer
    I just use Team Losi standard tire glue. It works fine for me as long as you have a clean bond. Make sure you clean the surfaces that you are gluing to. I clean mine with acetone. I don't believe that traxxas has their own brand of glue.

RC Champion
    glue is glue. I prefer a medium thickness to give me some time to place the bead right before it sets. But as long as it's clear and runny and made of cyna. it's ok to use.

I use loctite super glue.
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

I've found brand-name 5-second glue works the best for me. I need a few seconds more than the instant stuff, and I think the brand name glue works better... at least it glues my fingers better than the cheap stuff. lol
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I use Thin-CA Glue. The last stuff I purchased is really thin and adheres the tire to the wheel very well. I also have Med-CA glue to if you need a little more work time. I just feel if i'm gluing a tire I want it near instantaneous. JMHO
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I've tried pretty much every r/c oriented CA and AKA tire glue is the best by far.

RC Champion
    AKA and Associated Engineering Pro keep your tire glued no matter what.
    Ever Evolving Rustler

RC Competitor
    I have had really good luck with the gorilla glue. As mentioned before, ensuring both surfaces to be glued are clean is priority.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    AYK is the bomb.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    +1 for Aka glue. Never had a tire come unglued after I started using it. And they give you the nice little tube that fits in the top of the bottle for those hard to reach areas..

RC Champion
    thanks for the suggestions guys. looks like aka will be my final decision. is this the right one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKA-Racing-A...item5aeaac5fff

RC Qualifier
    Sure is. FYI, if you want to use the little tube that comes with it, stick it in the opening of the bottle then CUT it really short. Don't use the whole thing the first time like I did. You will see what I'm talking about when you get it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    Sure is. FYI, if you want to use the little tube that comes with it, stick it in the opening of the bottle then CUT it really short. Don't use the whole thing the first time like I did. You will see what I'm talking about when you get it.
    cool. thanks for the info bro

RC Qualifier
    No problem man, hopefully your first tire gluing experience goes better than mine. I tried to rush it and didn't turn out so well. If you take your time it's actually pretty easy. Also depends on what wheels you are using. Traxxas wheels are by far the easiest to glue a tire onto.
    Last edited by Baltim0re28; 10-22-2012 at 07:23 PM.

RC Champion
    yea ima use the stock traxxas wheels and glue some 2.8 trenchers

RC Qualifier
    You may want to tape the inside of the tire before you glue em'. They tend to balloon at higher speeds.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    You may want to tape the inside of the tire before you glue em'. They tend to balloon at higher speeds.
    oh trust me bro...i definetly plan on doing that. i've learned my lesson over the past couple of weeks cuz im doing my speed runs with my bandit with a spc 3s 5000mah lipo and by the time i hit 55 the tires turn into pizza cutters then i lose all control and over-steer resulting in a flip over.

RC Champion
    This what I use and had no problems yet .http://www.ebay.com/itm/BSI-IC-2000-...item3ccb767f46
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rhardy60 View Post
    This what I use and had no problems yet .http://www.ebay.com/itm/BSI-IC-2000-...item3ccb767f46
    hey bro i may buy a bottle of that too and i may glue 2 with that and 2 with the aka to see the difference. thanks for the response man

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    by the time i hit 55 the tires turn into pizza cutters then i lose all control and over-steer resulting in a flip over.
    Put a gyro on it to help keep you straight on speed runs.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

For the record, with any glue... If u need a fine point tip. U can use these.... I.E. Proline glue. These fit right over, Testors and model Masters make these.

What they look like up close.

I use these, and they fit directly over Proline Glue. The other two I have dont need it, but I heard that Jconcepts glue is REALLY good too, and A favorite of many people, and their glue also needs these to glue precise.

I personally used Dynamite quick set for a while, and still do for some things, along with Proline, and anouther that is escaping me right now. Think its Trakpower. Out of the 3 I have Proline is the best, but I am definatly gonna check out the AKA Racing glue.

On kind of the same subject, what has everyone found to be the best Servo tape?

I have used Duratrax, and Parma. Both stocked by my LHS, and only ones they stock. .

I am looking for the Strongest stuff. The SLash I purchased, the previous owner had some stuff on there, that is ridiculously strong. I think its the 3M double sided tape that comes with Go Pros, but the stuff is very pricey.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Loot, I've used the 3M double sided tape labeled for outside use (for up to 50lbs) and it works like a charm. That's what I have holding my MMM on the flm chassis right now, only thing I don't like about it is it is grey. I had to change the position of the Esc the other day and had to wedge a screwdriver in to get it started. After I got the esc off I just slowly pulled the tape off. Didn't leave any sticky residue either. They also make some rated for up to 100lbs... I think. But that's just ridiculous. I picked up some loctite brand double sided clear tape but have yet to try it.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Loot, I get parma servo tape rolls at my lhs. Just as good as the traxxas tape squares(AWESOME) but comes in a roll. I will never use anything else again...

Hint, never use a foam based servo tape!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    i use duratrax medium tire glue with no issues