RC poster

Need Help Sorting Out A Front Suspension Issue

When you lift the front end the suspension on the right, ( facing front of the car), doesn't come down---You can pull it down---It's not the shock as it does the same with the shock off---The left side works normal---The plastic part that holds the tie rod end on the wheel is noticeably higher than the left one---Will try to post pics---Thanks

Can't find where to upload pics from browse/attachment???--At the bottom it says, "you may not post attachments"???

Happy

RC Champion
    Song like you bent the hens pen , This will cause the arm from moving freely . Part 3739
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Champion
    It's hard to help with no pics. HERE is the tutorial thread.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rhardy60 View Post
    Song like you bent the hens pen , This will cause the arm from moving freely . Part 3739
    Sorry for misspelling . But is sounds like you bent the hens pen , This will cause the arm from moving freely . Part 3739[/QUOTE]
    1 Rusty VXL

RC poster
    Found the part damaged---Not sure if it's the 3739 mentioned above--Don't think I can salvage this--Do you have a link to parts fiche and where is least expensive online parts place---Thanks

Last edited by happyharold4; 10-18-2012 at 06:54 PM.

RC Champion
    That parts is 3740 Suspension pin & 3632 Caster block Hv fun with the c clips . you can get them at your lhs or of ebay .
    Last edited by rhardy60; 10-18-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    1 Rusty VXL

It would be a good idea to upgrade to VXL knuckles while you're at it. Those 5x8 bushings won't get you very far before they get all kinds of sloppy. Pus, bushings cause considerably more resistance than bearings.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    A quality alum c-block will help here...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Also RPM Caster block , witch is better an stronger than the Traxxas Caster block + the RPM is cheaper . jmo
    1 Rusty VXL

Here is a pic of what rag is talking about. I have them on all my 2wd trucks... stick with TRX or STRC.

Use the two short screws in the castor blocks to eliminate that e-clip. Part #3640.

Last edited by O.G.; 10-18-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Those pins bend constantly, so get a few pairs. I always have them on hand as well as an extra pair of castor blocks since I still use the stock plastic ones.

RC poster
    Got the new ones in but the holes where the axle goes through are huge compared to mine---It would need a sleeve to make it fit---Mine has a metal sleeve but still way smaller---The swing on the new ones is also way shorter---And the axles are a full 1/8" longer---Thought maybe the sleeve from my old one but don't think it would fit as that hole is huge---Here's a link of what I ordered and a pic of what I got---Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

RC Enthusiast
    looks to me as you need the bearings for those hubs, the difference in length for the axle is of no issue to the geometry of the suspension

RC Enthusiast

You got some pre 2000 bearing carriers that snuggle 5x8 bearings. those are around 15 yrs old.

The rpm c blocks are not stronger than the stockers. they are more flexible. The originals are stiffer. Get alum c-blocks for stiff + strength, the rpm c-blocks flex more, allowing the steering pin to bend.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrat13 View Post
    looks to me as you need the bearings for those hubs, the difference in length for the axle is of no issue to the geometry of the suspension
    They are calling plastic part the hub bearing---What is the blue inserts that go in that big hole???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RPM-80372-Tr...item27cb874e36

Happy

RC Enthusiast
    traxxs part number 5116 5x11x4 bearings

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrat13 View Post
    traxxs part number 5116 5x11x4 bearings
    Thanks----I see them now---I found part #1675 oilite bushings---I guess that is the cheaper nylon version.

Happy

Oilite bushings are metal, impregnated with lube.

Quote Originally Posted by happyharold4 View Post
    Got the new ones in but the holes where the axle goes through are huge compared to mine---It would need a sleeve to make it fit---Mine has a metal sleeve but still way smaller---The swing on the new ones is also way shorter---And the axles are a full 1/8" longer---Thought maybe the sleeve from my old one but don't think it would fit as that hole is huge---Here's a link of what I ordered and a pic of what I got---Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

What vehicle do you have? Looks like your original axles may be for a Bandit and the new ones are for a Rustler. Maybe not though. Looks like the only actual difference is the threads are longer on the new axles. Shouldn't be an issue.

Also, the holes in the knuckles are much bigger because they're for the newer VXL models that use 5x11 bearings (the ones I recommended earlier in this thread).

RC Qualifier
    FWIW, the new Bandit axels are a little longer than the older ones. This is how I was able to use hex hubs when I couldn't with the originals.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    You got some pre 2000 bearing carriers that snuggle 5x8 bearings. those are around 15 yrs old.

The rpm c blocks are not stronger than the stockers. they are more flexible. The originals are stiffer. Get alum c-blocks for stiff + strength, the rpm c-blocks flex more, allowing the steering pin to bend.
    Wow!---Never would have dreamed the car is 15 years old---Everything on it looks pretty good---I'm pretty sure it's a Russtler.

I've gone ahead and ordered the #5116 so should be good to go when they get in.

Happy