RC Competitor

Swap from 2.5 to electric.

I have a sport 2.5 and I'm looking to get away from nitro. I'm sick and tired of not just being able to run and have fun. I'm going to electric. I'm doing this with all my nitro slowly but surely. With the sport what size of motor and ESC should I go with. This on is my teenage daughters. It don't need to have crazy power.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 82bige01 View Post
    I have a sport 2.5 and I'm looking to get away from nitro. I'm sick and tired of not just being able to run and have fun. I'm going to electric. I'm doing this with all my nitro slowly but surely. With the sport what size of motor and ESC should I go with. This on is my teenage daughters. It don't need to have crazy power.
    Don't have an answer as I'm a nitro guy. So I was asking if your 2.5 might be for sale?

RC Competitor
    I may have 1 maybe even 2 for sale. I have a used 2.5 that's in the car now and another 2.5 that is brand new never even broke in. I'm not real sure what I'm going to do yet. I also may have a 3.3 uses also.

RC Qualifier
    you might try buying either the xl5 with lvd and titan with a lipo battery, or the velineon system with a nimh battery. depends on how fast you want to go.
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Enthusiast
    I got a xl5 with one pack ran on it and a Titan 12t still in plastic bag brand new .I'm looking for a 2.5 or 3.3 we might be able to do some trading.

RC Competitor
    Can u run lipo with that set up.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    do you want a brushed or brushless system?......a XL5 ESC/Titan 12T motor are brushed combo. i would look into VXL3s with 3500 velineon motor to start with if you want to go with the brushless system. VXL3s runs with 2s or 3s lipo.....not sure with the XL5 though....never tried plugging one on mine when i had it.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Enthusiast
    Xl5 is lipo compatible it comes with low voltage cutoff set to on. With three modes,training mode half throttle forward reverse brake,race mode full throttle forward and brake,standard full throttle forward reverse brake.

RC Competitor
    Depending on the trade. I may be interested in trading my nitro motors all or part. I have other nitro parts I'm not going to need for electric. I have a running used 2.5. A brand new never been started 2.5. A used 3.3 running. A used 3.3 that needs a piston, and sleeve. All have carbs and are in good shape.

RC Enthusiast
    I just need one nitro motor would love 3.3 but would like to have 2.5 also.

RC Competitor
    I'm looking to trade for a motor and ESC combo that can handle lipo for a traxxas sport. Or a motor ESC combo for a revo. Or some lipo batteries.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a xl5 esc with one pack ran on it then put in velinion and a brand new still in bag Titan 12t. I just need to trade it for one working 2.5 or 3.3 for my sons sport.

Appears there is a lot of trading going on here which should be done in the Market Place. This thread has derailed as the OP's intent is recommendations for an ESC and motor.
    The Super Derecho