RC poster

my 4x4 slash wont go up hill

hi. im new to rc. well getting back into it. i bought my slash used and have had some problems with it. blew out the bearing in the rear so far. now this. when driving the truck i stop at the bottom of a small hill of dirt. then start to go up just a little the truck stops then it trys to again then stops and trys again then it will just roll backwards back down the hill. it goes fine on flat ground and goes up the hill with a running start. im baffled. is my speed control on its way out? i should also say that the remote is a losi spectrum 2.4. any help would be great

RC Qualifier
    A little more info please, have you checked he slipper is it loose or tight should be 1/4 turn off fully compressed? Is a grub screw loose on slipper to driveshaft?
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC poster
    im not sure. i will check that now. thanks.

although it does seem like the motor is turning when it stops moving kinda like it is losing power
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-09-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Qualifier
    Are you running center diff or slipper, do the back wheels turn and not the front?
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

If you could post a picture of your truck without the body on it, we could better help you. By the sound of it you are trying to run a sensored motor with the VXL esc. That same thing happened to me with the VXL esc and Novak SC 5.5.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster
    i have a slipper diff. all the wheels turn. the motor is a velineon brushless. the esc is a velineon vxl-3s. cant take pics of it now cause im at work.

i have a slipper diff. all the wheels turn. the motor is a velineon brushless. the esc is a velineon vxl-3s. cant take pics of it now cause im at work. i was also using a nihm battery at the time. i haven't had time to try it with my lipo in.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-09-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Qualifier
    I would check to make sure everything is kosher in the slipper clutch area.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC poster
    i checked out the slipper clutch. it was very tight. unmovable. so i adjusted it, ran it in tight and came out a half turn. went back to the same with my lipo in. worked great. so i put the nihm in that i had run before with problems and it does the same thing. should i be changing the settings on the esc to run nihm? when i first put it in the light is green then i run it a minute the light turns red and the truck goes about half speed. i dont have the owners manual cause i bought the truck used.

RC Champion
    Ahh, there is your problem. If you have it set for lipo its detecting the fully charged Nimh pack as a 3s lipo then cutting off on undervolt to protect a lipo that isnt there. If you are running nimh, set it for nimh, if you are running lipo set it for lipo.

Edit:
    page 19
    esc manual
    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...X_manual_1.pdf
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 10-09-2012 at 08:31 PM.

RC Racer
    ...Oops beat me to it.

Sent from Mars Curiosity.
    Last edited by BAD RC; 10-09-2012 at 08:31 PM.

RC poster
    thanks for your help everyone! thanks for the link too Justin Thyme.

RC Qualifier
    Did you solve the problem?
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC poster
    yah. everything is working great! im thinking about getting the traxxas sway bar kit now.

RC Champion
    Dive right in and spend your disposable income like the rest of us!
    The swaybar kit works for some and not for others. Its all about driving style and other components of your suspension play a major roll.
    Personally once I got my shock set up where I want it I found the swaybars to actually be detrimental to the handling. But again thats all in driving styles and suspension tuning of other components. Makes it too stiff for my tastes and inhibits the shocks from doing their job properly.

RC Qualifier
    another victim to the 4x4 modding. it took me about a month, and there i found myself sitting at the work table putting my castle system in. a week later, i was running 4s and trying to break the sound barrier with my truck. Im happy with where it is now... but i know i will find more stuff to spend my money on. Maybe ill buy a second 4x4 and go through the process again
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    another victim to the 4x4 modding. it took me about a month, and there i found myself sitting at the work table putting my castle system in. a week later, i was running 4s and trying to break the sound barrier with my truck. Im happy with where it is now... but i know i will find more stuff to spend my money on. Maybe ill buy a second 4x4 and go through the process again
    LMBO

Im already planning the next build of another truck. Either E-revo or E-maxx. Been scouring for used rollers for a starting point.