RC Racer

e revo brushless diff question

i've been running the same diff in my erbe now for a year roughly. never faultered until the other day. i take it apart carefully spacing all the parts out as i go on a large towel. the spider gear output shaft on the cup side had the shaft with gear on the end, then the little blue seal, and then theres supposed to be a shim. well in my diff there was no shim at all and traxxas are telling me it should have been there. i know for certain it wasnt there, i never took apart this particular diff before so it must have been missing from the factory. i have 2 separate full traxxas diffs on standby that were pulled from a new truck so now it looks like i have to take them apart and see if they've been assembled properly as well, and buy some more oil to reassemble! anyone else have this problem or am i on my own? i love my erbe but this is frustrating!!

pm'd...u...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    thanks pal remind me to add you to my xmas card list!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    pm'd...u...

No mate...I replaced the diff quite a few times and rebuilt old ones. On the complete diff assemblies I bought the shim has always been there. Have you cleaned the old lube off the gears as it gets dirty and you don't see the shim.

I have been guilty of that a few times...it sticks really well to the back of the gear.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    i have to put my hands up and apologise now, as i just cleaned all the parts off with petrol and yes, sorry traxxas the shim was stuck to the gear!! very oops feel quite daft now. but we live and learn ha ha. i had wiped the gears off and looked before, but completely missed the shim. it is quite thin though! but no excuse i should have looked closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    No mate...I replaced the diff quite a few times and rebuilt old ones. On the complete diff assemblies I bought the shim has always been there. Have you cleaned the old lube off the gears as it gets dirty and you don't see the shim.

I have been guilty of that a few times...it sticks really well to the back of the gear.
    Last edited by kevfrostbite; 10-10-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevfrostbite View Post
    i have to put my hands up and apologise now, as i just cleaned all the parts off with petrol and yes, sorry traxxas the shim was stuck to the gear!! very oops feel quite daft now. but we live and learn ha ha.
    , no worries mate...as said I have been guilty of that a few times myself; but as you said...that's how we learn.
    Rock n Rolla !