RC Racer

Anybody using this?

Robinson racing gen 3 slipper assy.
    looking for some feed back on this.
    I know I would need the harden clutch bell also

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i cant really comment on the spur but, i did buy the whole set RR tranny gear "wide ratio" and its amazing.....its not as loud as i thought as long as you grease it evenly.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Racer
    I just ordered that too. Along with a picco .26 red dot, mount,acer ceramic clutch bearings, flm ult hybrid front bulk, flm front dog bone for 3.3 tranny. Might get the gen 3 slipper. IDK, trying to make a good basher.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    good basher....more like bulletproof basher type of thing hahahha. i dont see any problem using that as long as you mate it with the hardened clutchbell as you mention......maybe grease it a little bit too.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

That spur is made from hardened steel.... You will need a matched hardened steel CB to go with it or you will find your CB will not last very long...

Question is,,,, Why do you want a steel spur?
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    That spur is made from hardened steel.... You will need a matched hardened steel CB to go with it or you will find your CB will not last very long...

Question is,,,, Why do you want a steel spur?

See first post
    Because when I mash the throttle on my red dot I don't want to take all the teeth off the plastic one. I'm not going to loosen the slipper. That defeats having all that power. I have a buku clutch that I will tune, and set up the shocks so it won't do a back filp evey time I mash the trigger

RC Qualifier
    Spur is great

Quote Originally Posted by integyjato3.3 View Post
    See first post
    Because when I mash the throttle on my red dot I don't want to take all the teeth off the plastic one. I'm not going to loosen the slipper. That defeats having all that power. I have a buku clutch that I will tune, and set up the shocks so it won't do a back filp evey time I mash the trigger
    Um, yeah, I read your post, Even if you had a full fledged BB, Picco being a Mid-Block actually, it still isn't needed... If you are stripping spurs, then your mesh is wrong or you have something binding, the crankshaft of the engine could be off kilter compared to the input shaft of the tranny, tranny mount loose, bad bearing on the nitro input shaft of the tranny or bent shaft, a loose motor mount screw or broken motor mount....
    Even with a BB there's no reason for a steel spur... I've seen lots of BB Nitros with plastic spurs...

But it's your RC, Robinson Racing as a mfr makes good things, quality is good if that's what you want to know...

I'm just telling you it's not necessary... Save your $$ for other driveline components you might be needing with the added torque you may be needing, like diffs or CVD's, or you may be needing to extend the chassis to help keep the front end down..... Still you can use the plastic spurs though.... IMHO...
    Robin Williams

RC Racer
    OK thanks^, I have steel cvd's and center rear shaft, FLM front dog bone for the 3.3, FLM front and rear Ult hybrid bulks with 1/8th scale diff's, 4908 chassis, pro line trencher X tires, RR steel tranny gear set.Buku clutch, picco .26 red dot. I'm putting it all together now. I havent run it yet. I just didn't want to have any week links.
    Thanks for your input nitro

Quote Originally Posted by integyjato3.3 View Post
    OK thanks^, I have steel cvd's and center rear shaft, FLM front dog bone for the 3.3, FLM front and rear Ult hybrid bulks with 1/8th scale diff's, 4908 chassis, pro line trencher X tires, RR steel tranny gear set.Buku clutch, picco .26 red dot. I'm putting it all together now. I havent run it yet. I just didn't want to have any week links.
    Thanks for your input nitro
    There's always a weak link,,,, thing is, where do you want the weak link to be, in your diffs, in the driveshafts, in the tranny, or in the spur gear?.

I'd rather strip a spur gear then rip up my tranny.

Sounds like it's going to be a nice beast.....
    Robin Williams

RC Racer
    Hey nitronaught, I am wondering what you consider a big block? I know the over all size of the picco is not as big as lets say the ofna force .26 or .28. But the piston is just as big as any other .26. I also just bought the new duratrax 835b which has a .27 on it. over all the engine is huge compaired to the picco, but the piston or bore i guess would be more like it, is only .01" bigger. I don't have much experience with big blocks, all I have really ever owned was small blocks. Thanks

RC Racer
    Just put in an order for the UE racer x knucklehead shock towers and racer x super shock kit. Both on sale. $34 for the shock towers. There's a dude on ebay that wants $65. Glad I checked UE's website first

RC Qualifier
    UE makes incredible stuff. Can't go wrong there.
    Joshua 24:15 Choose this day who ye will serve

RC Enthusiast
    What site did you get that from

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubfunkstar View Post
    What site did you get that from
    Get what the slipper?